JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet

+5
Krudda
Keiichi Morisato
psionx
DemonEyesJoe
Jaysp656
9 posters

Go down

Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet Empty Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet

Post by Jaysp656 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:49 am

Many times while watching a video it stops and starts buffering, takes forever to load, etc. This can be really annoying, especially when you don't have anything else to do. In my search to circumvent this "problem" I found that there are addons to Google Chrome and Firefox that help with downloading videos.

The first (on Chrome and FireFox) is Flash Video Downloader. It is fairly basic and has little options.To use it (assuming it has been added to browser), all you have to do is start a video and see if the addon's icon lights up. If it does, then click the icon and it will show what it sniffed out. You may see some small sized files but Only download the larger 30+ mb file. (note: Chrome's version can't download Youtube files. They had to agree to that before they could port it)

The second is FireFox only. It has a lot more options, like the ability to queue up several downloads and do them one at a time. It works the same way as the other.

(note: I haven't found a way to download Veevr.com videos because they have a unique streaming protocol that shows up as tiny segmented files instead of one big downloadable file. Also any site using RTMPE streaming format like RUtube is also unable to be downloaded with this method)

I like to use the above addons to sniff out the URLs of videos only. From there I can use the downloader called Orbit Downloader to download the files instead. The main reason for this is that Orbit is 2-3 times faster at downloading than either my FF or Chrome browsers.

Okay, next you might be thinking that you can just start playing it. Well in some cases you might be right, but If you are running Windows XP, 7, or 8, with only Windows Media Player (WMP) to work with then you wont "normally" be able to. I personally like WMP 12's look and feel. So I looked around and found that codecs can be added that enhance what WMP can do. Shark007 Codecs is the codecs that I use. There is at least one other package of codecs out there I've heard about that is a little cleaner than Sharks but I've never tried them. Anyway, this allows WMP to play most audio formats. It even gives them WMP thumbnails in explorer.

If you don't like WMP, don't want the hassle, or have a computer that is incompatible with the codecs (possibly XP), then you can get the free VLC Player. VLC is widley known for being able to play most formats.

Hope you like this, alien
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet Empty Re: Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet

Post by DemonEyesJoe Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:11 am

i used the FVD downloader, its nice becasue it can pull a video from alomst any site, not to mention games you will see on flash based websites like newgrounds and albinblacksheep.

FVD doesnt ONLY pull videos, it pulls anything flash based on the current webpage (although, as said, youtube is not supported, but it will work for daily motion) this is good for you "personal adult" viewing as you are not downloading a video off a website where what your actually getting could be....anything! but with FVD your pulling the raw video through a 3rd party program, meaning its always a safe file, although, sometiems the videos are a bit broken and unuseable
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet Empty Re: Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet

Post by psionx Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 pm

NirSoft VideoCacheView & hendysoft MediaBox can grab anything. however they can't put segments together. nor can they decrypt segments from paid sites like netflix.

just remember that to update media box you need to run the updater separately with mediabox closed or it will give you error.

psionx
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Orbit Downloader has a similar functionality called "Grab++". I prefer to use the browser addons personally though.

Oh yeah there is a program called RTMPDump which can work with RTMPE streams. It works through the Command line, though. I couldn't figure out how to get it working personally, but One of you guys might.

RTMPDump Info
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Krudda Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:48 am

me looks at thread
me shakes head
me walks out

There are better ways, but I have no time to explain the in depth (but easy once you know it) process
Krudda
Krudda
Academy Student

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:20 am

I was just saying the ways I found to do it. And I did look around at a lot of programs and stuff on how to do it. A lot trial and error mainly.
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:04 am

Keiichi Morisato wrote:There is also Freemake Video Downloader and YTD Video Downloader

This. I was also talking about this on the other thread. I also use the realplayer downloader plugin.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Potato Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Downloading (almost) any video on the Internet Deb74172bb2b29e0253de391c92142b9 IDM - Internet Download manger the best thing to happen to my computer.....
Thanks for this though might do some comparing.
Crazy Potato
Crazy Potato
Designer
Designer

Male Posts : 278
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Krudda wrote:me looks at thread
me shakes head
me walks out

There are better ways, but I have no time to explain the in depth (but easy once you know it) process

Teach us o wise one of the south.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Krudda Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 pm

well, I'll tell you the basics, but some HTML knowledge is required.
use google chrome or firefox developer modes and find thediv containing your content (video), read through the HTML and CSS until you find the link pointing to the contents origin. Save that origin.

It doesn't get every video/audio as some are protected, but its a hell of a lot better quality.
Krudda
Krudda
Academy Student

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:33 pm

Oh yeah. I can read the inspect element stuff good enough to find image links.
(Like if I want to DL a BBT banner)
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:42 pm

i think i have posted this a few times before on the old forums, but here is one way

Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:21 pm

I use Firefox and the plugin "FlashGot". It seems to get around those videos that give you a little file instead of the whole media. I use Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) as my preferred media player for EVERYTHING. Well except baking cookies. It still can't do that... Sad
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down