JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Avatar and Sig size limit? and other questions

+2
johnstang2
Natsuru-san
6 posters

Go down

Avatar and Sig size limit? and other questions Empty Avatar and Sig size limit? and other questions

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:54 pm

Just wondering what the size limit for the two will be on the perm forum and what is the limit for this one? I ask because I'm seeing some avatars and sigs that are bigger then they were on JD and I need to know soon. Also about the KB, please tell me that's been done away with here and that it'll be done away with on the perm forum? If not what's the KB size limit? Lastly please tell me we'll have folders again and it won't restrict the image because of size or KB etc.? I find it quite annoying that I can't upload pics to a folder atm and equally annoying that the old site limited which ones I could upload. (Even after resizing etc. them)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Avatar and Sig size limit? and other questions Empty Re: Avatar and Sig size limit? and other questions

Post by johnstang2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Part of your question answers are here Natsuru.

http://justdubsrefuge.omgforum.net/t24-terms-of-service
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Avatar and Sig size limit? and other questions Empty Re: Avatar and Sig size limit? and other questions

Post by Sporadic Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 pm

We're not really following that old sig limit. I've seen a few people with larger sigs and it feels dumb to go after them right now because of all the other stuff we're doing. We're not gonna send out warnings for a few pixels outside of the sig area. But try not to abuse it either.

Avatar should specify size when you edit your profile.

As for what they will be on the new site, that has yet to be decided. Mainly because there are so many other important factors to work out first.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm

I know. I was just trying to answer a question. I don't really see anyone abusing the sig limit that much except for one person.

You got onto us for saying something to that person Spor. However you did not see his 6" X 10" sig he was using. That was the main reason we said something to that person. They quickly took it down though.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Same sig size as on JD. Thanks john and Spor. But what about the KB and the folders for pics? Also I wouldn't abuse it. I have seen some that were though by twice the amount stated though in their defense they were new here I believe. (Hard to tell since the move in all) I'll try not to go over it too much if I do so no worries. I try to follow the rules to the best of my ability. ^-^
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:47 pm

i think the KB limit is annoying for avatars as 64kb is VERY difficult to make at 150x150/150x200 when you make them GIFs, im able to do it with GIMP, but the color reductions make it look LQ, my avatar for example

as for Sigs, i too was annoyed by my large sig, but i dont think im the person you all are referring to (when i had 2 sigs) iv cut it down to 1 and i feel it looks much better
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye1988 Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:i think the KB limit is annoying for avatars as 64kb is VERY difficult to make at 150x150/150x200 when you make them GIFs, im able to do it with GIMP, but the color reductions make it look LQ, my avatar for example

as for Sigs, i too was annoyed by my large sig, but i dont think im the person you all are referring to (when i had 2 sigs) iv cut it down to 1 and i feel it looks much better
. I think everyone's mad at me and I didn't even know lmfao...
Buckeye1988
Buckeye1988
Academy Student

Male Posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Buckeye1988 wrote:
DemonEyesJoe wrote:i think the KB limit is annoying for avatars as 64kb is VERY difficult to make at 150x150/150x200 when you make them GIFs, im able to do it with GIMP, but the color reductions make it look LQ, my avatar for example

. I think everyone's mad at me and I didn't even know lmfao...

i wouldnt know
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Safko Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I don't know why people are complaining, these restrictions can't even be considered restrictions when compared to other sites..
Safko
Safko
Bronze Saint

Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 am

Besides this site is only a temporary site. Why don't we hold off all these questions till we get to the permanent site?

Why learn this one when we have to just relearn another down the road.

As far as the low kb for avatars her, why not load the avatar to a avatar rotator site and just use the link there for the link here.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Since this was already answered.

/locked
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down