JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Image limit?

+5
Sporadic
Skeptical
joshier
Severus
Metazoxan
9 posters

Go down

Image limit? Empty Image limit?

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I was just wondering if this forum even had an image limit? I tried to figure it out by posting the same pic over and over and hitting preview but I was up to 80 pics and still no indication of a limit. So does that mean there is no limit?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Image limit? Empty Re: Image limit?

Post by Severus Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Well we kinda figured we would trust you, but if it gets out of hand we will put a limit.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Severus wrote:Well we kinda figured we would trust you, but if it gets out of hand we will put a limit.

Okay. I don't intend to post 80 pics at once or even close to that. But since the old limit was 30 I was 30 I wondered if this one would have one. Kinda cool that you don't have one though. If for some reason someone needs to post a LOT of pics at once then they can.

Hey what if there was a way to make it so that you could only post as many pics as you have post count. So someone with 30 posts could post 30 pics. Then the only people who could abuse it would be those who we should be able to trust not to. That probably isn't possible but it would be kinda fun if it was.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by joshier Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Severus wrote:Well we kinda figured we would trust you, but if it gets out of hand we will put a limit.

Okay. I don't intend to post 80 pics at once or even close to that. But since the old limit was 30 I was 30 I wondered if this one would have one. Kinda cool that you don't have one though. If for some reason someone needs to post a LOT of pics at once then they can.

Hey what if there was a way to make it so that you could only post as many pics as you have post count. So someone with 30 posts could post 30 pics. Then the only people who could abuse it would be those who we should be able to trust not to. That probably isn't possible but it would be kinda fun if it was.

I believe that can be coded (Based on my own experiments), but that wouldn't quite work as you would just need to spam to boost your count and from there your image count
joshier
joshier
Shinigami

Male Posts : 203
Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm

joshier wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

I believe that can be coded (Based on my own experiments), but that wouldn't quite work as you would just need to spam to boost your count and from there your image count

Yeah but you would have to spam an insane amount to reach any post number that would be a problem in terms of pics. Plus who would spam like 50 posts just to post 50 pics at once? By the time they did all that spamming they would be about to be banned. Obviously it could be exploited if someone really wanted to but it seems like it would work is preventing spam bots and trolls from causing trouble. Then if one or two idiots do abuse it just ban them or restrict their pic posting ability.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Why not have a karma/reputation system? You can use that as the base for the amount of pictures you're able to post in a thread/reply, for example say you have 0 karma/reputation you can only post 4 images in each thread/reply. Which means if you have 1 karma/reputation you can post 8, and so forth... Which is also a good way to reward the loyal and trust able members of the community.

P.S. If i made no sense just say and I'll explain it again tomorrow.

Skeptical
Academy Student

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by joshier Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Skeptical wrote:Why not have a karma/reputation system? You can use that as the base for the amount of pictures you're able to post in a thread/reply, for example say you have 0 karma/reputation you can only post 4 images in each thread/reply. Which means if you have 1 karma/reputation you can post 8, and so forth... Which is also a good way to reward the loyal and trust able members of the community.

The forums do come equipped with both a post count and point system.. but the point system works similar to post counts unless given the points manually by admins which would be a pain to do
joshier
joshier
Shinigami

Male Posts : 203
Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:59 pm

Skeptical wrote:Why not have a karma/reputation system? You can use that as the base for the amount of pictures you're able to post in a thread/reply, for example say you have 0 karma/reputation you can only post 4 images in each thread/reply. Which means if you have 1 karma/reputation you can post 8, and so forth... Which is also a good way to reward the loyal and trust able members of the community.

We specifically turned the rep system off because nothing good ever comes from it.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:05 pm

Sporadic wrote:

We specifically turned the rep system off because nothing good ever comes from it.

Honestly, we are not large enough for such a system. I might approve of the idea in some huge mega site when dealing with complete strangers but not here. A good idea but not for this site.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm

A rep system would be easily abused. Also I'm appreciating the lesser restrictions of this forum. We could add an image limit eventually but it doesn't seem like we need to right now.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Belsfir Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 pm

I remember an old topic on the rep system that was heavily discussed, the result was that it is not needed
Belsfir
Belsfir
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 138
Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:44 pm

MiniSiets wrote:A rep system would be easily abused. Also I'm appreciating the lesser restrictions of this forum. We could add an image limit eventually but it doesn't seem like we need to right now.

I still think the staff were to rash to completely remove the rep system before. It's like they gave it a massive upgrade. People started to abuse it. And then they just scrapped it entirely without a proper warning or even just reducing it to the basic system. I guess we don't really need one though so there is no need to add one on the new forum or this one. I'm just a little bitter about the past.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 pm

MiniSiets wrote:A rep system would be easily abused. Also I'm appreciating the lesser restrictions of this forum. We could add an image limit eventually but it doesn't seem like we need to right now.

Exactly. I'm only in favor of implementing such restrictions if they're being abused. On the other forum we couldn't do much of anything.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:05 pm

I don't think there's really a need for an image limiter. Besides the "Post your ____ pics" threads, there's not really that much images being posted, and when they are, it's usually only one per post.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down