JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo

+9
BlurredExistence
DemonEyesJoe
Wampa
Androgynous
higurashi_conan
Sir Maddy
BRC
Deathfire123
Valvatorez
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo Empty Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo

Post by Valvatorez Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:22 pm

I just felt like making a topic so we can discuss some visual novels we all played.
I felt like starting with Katawa Shoujo since, in some cases, everyone has at least played it once.

Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo 2059

Description
Hisao Nakai is a normal high school student, currently in his final year of high school. One day Hisao receives a letter from parties unknown in his locker and waits at the written place for the sender. The person who wrote the letter turns out to be his crush; while speaking to her, he suddenly collapses. He awakes in a hospital bed, and is told by the doctors that the reason he collapsed is due to arrhythmia, a rare heart condition that causes his heartbeat to sometimes become irregular. Due to this, his parents have enrolled him in Yamaku, a school for disabled students of all kinds.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo Empty Re: Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Fucking garbage.
My rating: 2/10.

Back to top Go down

Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo Empty Re: Visual Novel Discussion Thread: Katawa Shoujo

Post by Deathfire123 Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 am

Fucking amazing.
My rating: 9/10
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BRC Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 am

I played the demo version. I still have to play the full version. But I thought it was pretty good.
Really good considering that a bunch of people with no prior experience made it.
8/10
(Plus it kinda inspired me to make my own VN soooo, props I guess XD
BRC
BRC
Academy Student

Female Posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:23 am

Deathfire123 wrote:Fucking amazing.
I see, you have a fetish for watching sex with limbless girls.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 am

AnalBag wrote:

Hell yeah.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:13 am

AnalBag wrote:

There is more than just the H you know.
This game does teach some lessons as well. If all you were playing Katawa Shoujo for was the H, then you probably played the wrong VN. Of course, there were some pretty kinky stuff goin on here, but yeah.

I loved it, didnt really touch base with Rin's story at all. All I did was get on her route (which was annoying as hell), and just dropped it right around there.
I gave it a 9/10, simply because it was just really something. My favorite route would probably be Emi's, since you literally deal with most of the problems in her route.
And also because she is just so awesome.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:26 am

its good and has a nice story but the backgrounds are pretty bad
My Rating: 5/10
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:48 am

Valvatorez wrote:
AnalBag wrote:

There is more than just the H you know.
This game does teach some lessons as well. If all you were playing Katawa Shoujo for was the H, then you probably played the wrong VN. Of course, there were some pretty kinky stuff goin on here, but yeah.

I loved it, didnt really touch base with Rin's story at all. All I did was get on her route (which was annoying as hell), and just dropped it right around there.
I gave it a 9/10, simply because it was just really something. My favorite route would probably be Emi's, since you literally deal with most of the problems in her route.
And also because she is just so awesome.
I played one route, Lilly's and I liked her and it should be obvious why I picked her.
Best looking.
Everything is there.
Didn't like any other girls.
And why the hell did it not let you pick the pink haired girl(normal)
When I played it a long ass time ago she didn't show up on the walk through.

Btw, I don't think I pitied the protagonist of a game more then this guy.
Girl was about to confess to him he has a heart attack and gets transferred?
And can someone his age even possibly have heart attacks THAT bad? I think it's horse shit.
Anyway I'd didn't like it at all but at least it's better then garbage days, I rather play this than watch that bullshit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Androgynous Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

r these lyke light novils and things
Androgynous
Androgynous
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm

Androgynous wrote:r these lyke light novils and things

I dunno. Perhaps google will help if you found a definition of them?
And perhaps spell check?

Edit:
@Higurashi

I think the backgrounds are like that because they are going for a more photorealistic kind of thing. You can see that in a few backgrounds in a number of other VNs. I will admit, it probably isnt my favorite kind of background style, but it is something to look at in awe for the time they put into it.
And 5/10 just for the backgrounds?
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Androgynous Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:17 pm

english not godd sorry dnt have to b mean tho i was jus askin a question sory
Androgynous
Androgynous
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:58 pm

Androgynous wrote:english not godd sorry dnt have to b mean tho i was jus askin a question sory
Damn dude, you should stop spamming your bad English on every topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Androgynous Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 pm

not spam? i contribute on topic
Androgynous
Androgynous
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Androgynous wrote:not spam? i contribute on topic

Not when the sentence is incomprehensible.

Anyway, I am actually thinking of REplaying this.
Just Lily's route though, I refuse to do the others.

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Androgynous wrote:r these lyke light novils and things

I dunno. Perhaps google will help if you found a definition of them?
And perhaps spell check?

Edit:
@Higurashi

I think the backgrounds are like that because they are going for a more photorealistic kind of thing. You can see that in a few backgrounds in a number of other VNs. I will admit, it probably isnt my favorite kind of background style, but it is something to look at in awe for the time they put into it.
And 5/10 just for the backgrounds?

i take my backgrounds very seriously but ther are times when its good and i also hate the end of some of the characters like Rin and Emi
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Alright i have never played a VN before but saw the this on the recommendation thread and decided to try it. I gotta say i think i have to download more VNs i really enjoyed this despite not getting my desired route first time through and think im going to enjoy it even more on my second time through on my wanted path. I dont really see the bad background element but than again i dont really look for things like that in any games i play (bad graphics arent really a bad game indicator for me)
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Good.

Who did you get first? And who was the one you wanted?
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:37 am

I went with the choices i would actually pick first playthrough and got Emi who didnt really interest me at first but i gradually started enjoying the dialogue with her and her generally happy outlook. i was aiming for Hanako first time through because i was really curious about her and the cause behind her behavior and scarring
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 am

so...my gf has been playing this...idk how she came across it, but she loves it, at first she was trying to get with the burn victim, but she did something and ended up with the no legs girl, so she finished that and is trying again for the burn girl, i think she made it this time....idk

does anyone else hate the H scenes in VNs? i mean, i feel like im working towards a goal to get in bed with the girls in VNs but once that time comes the MC COMPLETELY changes his personality and its just...idk, it breaks the flow of the game
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am

DemonEyesJoe wrote:so...my gf has been playing this...idk how she came across it, but she loves it, at first she was trying to get with the burn victim, but she did something and ended up with the no legs girl, so she finished that and is trying again for the burn girl, i think she made it this time....idk
exactly what happened to me

DemonEyesJoe wrote:does anyone else hate the H scenes in VNs? i mean, i feel like im working towards a goal to get in bed with the girls in VNs but once that time comes the MC COMPLETELY changes his personality and its just...idk, it breaks the flow of the game
i dont really play games like this(dating sims or the like) for the H scenes thats what regular H is for, and idk about completely changing in the scenes ,in emi's i dont feel like he changed that much atleast not an amount that i got up and called the game out on it but again i sorta just flow with games and try not to look into stuff like that too much
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:08 am

Wampa wrote:I went with the choices i would actually pick first playthrough and got Emi who didnt really interest me at first but i gradually started enjoying the dialogue with her and her generally happy outlook. i was aiming for Hanako first time through because i was really curious about her and the cause behind her behavior and scarring

You wouldn't believe how common this is.

9 times out of 10. People who play blind end up getting Emi's route first when looking to enter Hanako's route. I have heard this a dozen times Razz Try being a bit meaner to the nurse/try avoid working hard at track. Also try working towards Lilly/Hanako as they are separated by one choice.
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:27 am

Deathfire123 wrote:
You wouldn't believe how common this is.

9 times out of 10. People who play blind end up getting Emi's route first when looking to enter Hanako's route. I have heard this a dozen times Razz Try being a bit meaner to the nurse/try avoid working hard at track. Also try working towards Lilly/Hanako as they are separated by one choice.
Yea started second playthrough today and decided against the exercise as i thought that was where i messed up and sure enough i got the hanako/lily choice in not to long. i am still really enjoying this game with 10 hours already in Emi's route and still going. im already thinking whose playthrough im going to try next.....mabye shizune............ im finding it a bit weird how much im enjoying this but i think im just going to ignore that feeling and end up doing each route
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:28 am

Visuals Novels are a lot of fun, as its essentially like reading a book with pretty pictures added.
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:17 pm

alright i cheated a bit and checked a act 1 choice chart because i was curious about how easy it was to get emi's route and wow saying that you dont want to die basically and will keep yourself healthy is an auto emi route no wonder you said it was so common deathfire
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next