JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darksiders

3 posters

Go down

Darksiders Empty Darksiders

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:16 am

so, if anyone played the AMAZING games, darksiders and darksiders 2, you will know that no one bought them when THQ went under, on april 1st all the left over IPs like red faction and darksiders among w/e else is lift will be up for bidding

also, if no one knew, soon after Vigil games was disolved after no one bought them either, they moved to make a new company under crytek, called Crytek USA, its made up of 35+/- memebers of vigil games.

with all of this, this news was just released
http://www.gamespot.com/news/crytek-usa-wants-to-buy-darksiders-ip-6406194

i love to see what the next(?) rider strife will be, so knowing that "vigil" might end up making another one has me VERY excited

what is darksiders?
http://darksiders.wikia.com/wiki/Darksiders_Wiki
i think this was played on xbox, the graphics are so bad...
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Darksiders Empty Re: Darksiders

Post by The7thSeal Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:01 am

I heard before this that Platinum Games was really interested in buying up Vigil. Not sure wants going on with that.

P.S. What exactly is so bad about the graphics? They seem fine to me. Besides, graphics don't make or break a game.
The7thSeal
The7thSeal
Gillian

Male Posts : 96
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:33 am

The7thSeal wrote:I heard before this that Platinum Games was really interested in buying up Vigil. Not sure wants going on with that.

P.S. What exactly is so bad about the graphics? They seem fine to me. Besides, graphics don't make or break a game.

that was a fan thing, i dont think they actually expressed any intrest or they would have been bought, but its great they managed to find a new home on thier own under a new name.

and i think alot of the ambient graphics look subpar, i played on PC thats why i think it looks like it was on xbox
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by The7thSeal Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:06 am

Not everyone has a Decent Gaming PC.

Also,

The head of Platinum seemed pretty interested in buying up Vigil.
The7thSeal
The7thSeal
Gillian

Male Posts : 96
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:48 pm

The7thSeal wrote:Not everyone has a Decent Gaming PC.

Also,

The head of Platinum seemed pretty interested in buying up Vigil.

with platinums history, yes, it could be great, but alas, nothing happened, and i dont think the specs to DS & DS2 are that high...but thats off point

DARKSIDERS 3!!!!!!!!!!! Vigil (Crytek usa) already im sure already has story and everything thought up for it, i feel that giving it to someone new who might put out a new game just becasue they own the IP (and the original never sold very well, so it might get dumped on some off-hand team, or outsourced) would be bad, returning it to vigil is defiantly the right way to take it
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:58 pm

Playing through the first darksiders has been fun (thanks again joe). Off to grab 2 before too long.

I'd like to see Crytek USA get the IP if anything because they have most of the original creators.

I don't have anything against Platinum, but I didn't think they did the greatest job with the metal gear franchise. I admit that they came in to the project that was already taking a different direction than normal and I thought the combat was great fun. I just don't think they will do well with existing franchises. Let them do their own IPs. (one other thing, I've always thought they lacked in the story deptartment)

Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:17 pm

i love the darksiders story as well

only 1 day left here
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
DemonEyesJoe