JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THQ Is Getting Sold Off Today

3 posters

Go down

THQ Is Getting Sold Off Today Empty THQ Is No More.

Post by Keiichi Morisato Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Today, THQ was officially sold and auctioned off. Within the next few weeks, the company will be no more.

The company's assets have been divided: Sega agreed to purchase Relic (Company of Heroes), Koch Media has agreed to purchase Volition (Saint's Row) and the Metro property, Crytek has agreed to buy Homefront, Take-Two will purchase the unannounced game Evolve, and Ubisoft will buy THQ Montreal and the South Park game.

Source
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

THQ Is Getting Sold Off Today Empty THQ Is Getting Sold Off Today

Post by Keiichi Morisato Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm

The sale of THQ's assets in federal bankruptcy court will be finalized today. Word is that the hearing begins at 3 p.m.

Rumors already are spreading as to where THQ's studios and the series developed there have ended up. A Relic Entertainment developer has said he's now an employee of Sega—which it should be stressed is so far unconfirmed by Sega, THQ or the court.

Relic, the studio behind Company of Heroes and many of the Warhammer video games, was currently working on Company of Heroes 2. Their most recent release was Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.

Source
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

THQ Is Getting Sold Off Today Empty Re: THQ Is Getting Sold Off Today

Post by Dcmac Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:52 pm

Relic and Company of Heroes went to Sega. I think that's the best possible outcome. Metro and Saints Row went to Deep Silver (Dead Island). Kinda iffy, hopefully they give the devs freedom. Homefront went to Crytek which is awesome. That's all I really cared about. I can't say I feel bad for THQ because they wasted so much time on kids games and movie tie ins, and they were just now starting to develop games for gamers.
Dcmac
Dcmac
Gillian

Male Posts : 74
Film Club

Back to top Go down

THQ Is Getting Sold Off Today Empty Darksiders, WWE Still Looking for New Home

Post by Keiichi Morisato Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:03 pm

News has broken out about the sale of THQ's assets and it looks like many of the defunct publisher's signature franchises have been acquired. But, surprisingly, some seemingly bankable properties haven't been snatched up.

http://kotaku.com/5978463/darksiders-wwe-still-looking-for-new-homes-after-thq-sell+off
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:09 am

i felt kinda sad reading the goodbye letter, i can only imagine being one of the employees having to say goodbye to your long friends, and hoping you get reemployed with your other friends. THQ was a great company, no one ever gave them beef like activision and EA get now, Sega also had some big screw ups (sonic) but i really hope these divisons the best.

Why WWE and Darksiders arnt picked up yet, i have no idea, darksiders would be great under capcom, as they are already good at story telling and combat games if DMC taught us anything. WWE....big seller, but i havnt played it since WWF vs NWO which i see was pointed out in the comments Razz
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcmac Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:17 am

DemonEyesJoe wrote:Why WWE and Darksiders arnt picked up yet, i have no idea, darksiders would be great under capcom, as they are already good at story telling and combat games if DMC taught us anything. WWE....big seller, but i havnt played it since WWF vs NWO which i see was pointed out in the comments Razz

THQ owes the WWE $45 million I think. I don't know if that makes buying the license difficult or not.

I honestly don't know who I'd like to take Darksiders. As long as the series stays alive I'm fine I guess.
Dcmac
Dcmac
Gillian

Male Posts : 74
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 am

im really want to see the other horsemen in action
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm

So, update, WWE was bought by Take2
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/wwe-video-game-license-to-be-acquired-by-take-two

Vigil (Darksiders) are still left lonely in the dark, most are already looking for new jobs. the main reason for this is probably because they had no on-going projects after the release of DS2 this holiday season. Also, the DS Franchise although a great game with lots of good reveiws, wasnt the best selling. so, our hopes of a DS3 are long gone.

also, wik

also, also

http://kotaku.com/5978887/dont-worry-the-giant-purple-dildo-from-saints-row-is-safe
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down