JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King of the Nerds

2 posters

Go down

King of the Nerds Empty King of the Nerds

Post by Colme Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:28 pm

A few months ago TBS launched a show called "King of the Nerds" and at first I was pretty skeptical since other shows with seemingly similar gimmicks like "Beauty and the Geek" have been horrendous messes.

Nonetheless, I sat down at the premiere to give the show a chance and I was pleasantly surprised. I found the contestants (Professional Gamers, NASA Physicist, Computer Hacker, etc...) interesting and although the show has a hint of that "Big Brother" show I can't stand, it's handled here well and they tend to act as real people would, just being generally nice and funny. The most important thing is that the elements of "nerd culture" are treated with respect and lauded, though admittedly too a cheesy if enjoyable extent.

I don't watch many "reality game shows" like this, but it seems genuine enough that I like it. Anyone else seen it?
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

King of the Nerds Empty Re: King of the Nerds

Post by IloveHolo Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:37 pm

I actually watched the entire season as it came on, since it was at a good time. I found the show enjoyable, even if it was a bit cheesy. I thought the challenges, overall, were creative and fun, as well.
IloveHolo
IloveHolo
Lab Member

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:57 pm

IloveHolo wrote:I actually watched the entire season as it came on, since it was at a good time. I found the show enjoyable, even if it was a bit cheesy. I thought the challenges, overall, were creative and fun, as well.

I agree, I don't mind the cheesiness. If they took themselves too seriously it wouldn't be any fun.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down