JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion

+4
Pando
Natsu Dragneel
Colme
Sir Maddy
8 posters

Go down

The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion  Empty The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion

Post by Sir Maddy Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:51 pm

The Anime Cafe
Angel Cop Discussion

Angel Cop: http://myanimelist.net/anime/1351/Angel_Cop
The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion  10442

Here, you can discuss the Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi anime Angel Cop.
You can say what you liked and disliked, what could be improved, and you can even ask questions regarding the anime.

Well enough of me talking, discuss away.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion  Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion

Post by Colme Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:04 pm

Angel Cop is something alright, very much a product of it's era in anime. I'll wait to see what others have to say before I go on. Razz
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion  Empty Re: The Anime Cafe - Angel Cop Discussion

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:37 pm

All I have to say is: Not the best dub there is, but the story was alright.

Discussion will go for at least 3-5 days and after that, I will start accepting nominations
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Just finished watching it. It was okay. I liked the bloody fights and the characters. I thought Raiden was the coolest, it sucked that he died though... I really liked him.

But Lucifer lol, fucking transsexual steroid freak. Seriously she was fucking weird.

I'd give it a 6.5/10.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Alright discussion day! Yeah I actually liked this anime more then I expected. Some things I took away from this.

- Violence! Lots of blood and gore really surprised me here. People in the 80's sure didn't give a damn about censorship huh

- Foul languege. Call me crazy (well I am Wink ) but I think it saved the dub a little here. Speaking about the dub....

- The voice of the little girl (I forgot her name, she was always with Azura) was the very definition of annoying. I did like the voice of the some of the other charecters though.

Not a whole lot to say about the story, a lot of action in every episode, and a very strange villian. Unique anime imo I had fun so because of that a 7\10
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:18 pm

And don't forget about Peace's titties, and Lucifer's manboobs.
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:12 am

Pando wrote:And don't forget about Peace's titties, and Lucifer's manboobs.

Those were some ridicules manboobs alright. I forgot to mention that I laughed when she say's she will "rape your mind" Shocked .

Too bad about Peace, the boob shot was a pretty random moment. The guy blowing himself up with the grenade was crazy. Hell the whole show was pretty nuts.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:20 am

Yeah it was pretty bizarre....
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:05 am

Oh good this thread is finally up, I've been waiting to give my opinion.

I have to say I honestly enjoyed this series, it had everything you could possibly want from an early 90's anime. Angel was a decent character that didn't give a crap about protecting a hostage, Raiden was more of an idealist that wanted to protect everyone, and that psychic Asra I'm jealous of his abilities.

About the dub, it certainly the worst dub I've heard and no characters voices really even annoyed me, nit even Freya's. Since it is from the early 90's I was thinking that perhaps they'd try to emphasise some trait [like the MC of Golden Boy]

Actually while watching it I was thinking about if they were to redub it now, that Maryke Hendrikse [otherwise known as the VA of Revy from Black Lagoon] would make a pretty good Angel. Not too sure who I'd pick for everyone else though what is everyone else's thoughts on this?

Also I found the end theme didn't really suite the show but they could have been going for a contrast sort of thing since it was a darker anime.

In the end I really enjoyed watching it [thanks for nominating it Colme] so I rated it a solid 7, I was even thinking about giving it an 8 but I don't know maybe I needed to watch it in one sitting.

Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:01 pm

/\

You brought out something about the music. I agree the ending theme didn't really fit. Also the music as a whole was forgettable which was disappointing to me. (come on it's the 80's where is the good music? Cool )
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:01 pm

Was certainly a different anime that I usually watch. I don't like 90s anime usually, but this one was alright. Other than the fact that it is a 90s anime (and the overly stated dubbed), I didn't have any major qualms with it.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:30 pm

As of today, you can all start sending me nominations, either post on the main thread or pm me your nomination
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:37 am

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Razz I know it's rough around the edges, but it's still interesting to say the least!
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Finally got around to finishing it. Bizarre is definitely a good word to describe it. Its pretty rare for me to watch animes this old.

Never really got me hooked, but i didn't feel the need to drop it either...
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down