JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GARch Elimination Game

+40
MateusseDarkslight
Shadow_Links
Crazy Potato
Pando
joshier
Jaysp656
Miss Elegent Serenity
Severus
MrLincecum
Doomguy
Paper Tiger
hydroponiks
sayWut
LEDlump
uallandme
Yuki Terumi
Nim
MacMeaties
Blazer
Keiichi Morisato
Supernatural Knight
Noobs
Wampa
Kusanagi
Bato
Ovyda
Metazoxan
BK-201
Mafiacow
Deathfire123
Great_Oak
MiniSiets
Natsu Dragneel
Nonononoki
Sporadic
Shogun13
Roy Blue
Sir Maddy
Valvatorez
bedheadred
44 posters

Page 1 of 43 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 43  Next

Go down

GARch Elimination Game Empty GARch Elimination Game

Post by bedheadred Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 pm

GARch Elimination 2013

GARch Elimination Game Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZiv4m88JcvqFUvclD_qzTgscdfYKctdpcRl3cXXaJ01SV5_ntIQ

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Elimination Rules:
This is a game and should be treated as such. Please keep your butthurt to a minimum.
Final votes will be tallied nightly by myself or another designated individual at 8 pm CST.
Votes posted after the final tally is called do not count toward elimination.
Votes on new accounts made specifically to turn the tide of an elimination will be nullified.
Anyone bending or breaking the rules will be disqualified.
Rules are subject to change as deemed necessary.

Last edited by bedheadred on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 25 times in total
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

GARch Elimination Game Empty Re: GARch Elimination Game

Post by bedheadred Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:54 pm

Day 1:
Hijikata Toushirou - Gintama
VS
Archer - F/SN

Let the Game begin!
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Archer.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Archer.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Blue Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 am

Archer. Definitely Archer.
Roy Blue
Roy Blue
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:13 am

Garcher.
Or if you prefer Archer.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:27 am

I'm gay for Archer.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:34 am

Hijikata Toushirou Very Happy
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:43 am

Vote Archer, he's awesome
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 am

GARch Elimination Game Archer-e1261688799836-300x195

[Archer] = 7
Valvatorez
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Shogun13
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
MiniSiets

[Hijikata] = 1
Nonononoki
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Great_Oak Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:12 am

The man who started it all (and my nominee), ARCHER!

[Archer] = 8
Valvatorez
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Shogun13
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
MiniSiets
Oak

[Hijikata] = 1
Nonononoki
Great_Oak
Great_Oak
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathfire123 Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:13 am

Im GAR for GARcher
Deathfire123
Deathfire123
Silver Saint

The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafiacow Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:30 am

Since he is where the term came from...

[Archer] = 10
Valvatorez
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Shogun13
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
MiniSiets
Oak
Deathfire
Mafiacow

[Hijikata] = 1
Nonononoki
Mafiacow
Mafiacow
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 am

[Archer] = 11
Valvatorez
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Shogun13
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
MiniSiets
Oak
Deathfire
Mafiacow
BK-201

[Hijikata] = 1
Nonononoki
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm going to have to vote for Archer because Hijikata Toushirou doesn't seem all that GAR to me. Sure he is an interesting character but he strikes me as more the "Cool guy" rather than the manly or awesomely GAR guy. I can see how he is at least a bit GAR but he is certainly one of the weaker contenders. But hey he is from a gag anime pretty much everything he does is treated like a joke so it is kinda hard to be manly unless the plot decides to be serious for once (and even then the focus is on the main characters not him).

But about Archer I don't think he should get votes just for being where the term came from. Not hating on Archer or saying he doesn't deserve votes just if you vote for him vote for him because you think he, as a character, deserves it. A typo in a post about him has nothing to do with this competition. Being the source of a term ,especially when it was a mistake, does not make him the best at it. There are plenty of other GARs who some might say define GAR better than Archer. If you don't agree then fine that is what this competition is sorta here to decide. But I'm just saying if you vote for someone vote for who you think truly deserves it not just the guy who apparently started the term.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 pm

[Archer] = 13
Valvatorez
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Shogun13
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
MiniSiets
Oak
Deathfire
Mafiacow
BK-201
Metazoxan
Ovyda

[Hijikata] = 1
Nonononoki
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
I'm going to have to vote for Archer because Hijikata Toushirou doesn't seem all that GAR to me. Sure he is an interesting character but he strikes me as more the "Cool guy" rather than the manly or awesomely GAR guy. I can see how he is at least a bit GAR but he is certainly one of the weaker contenders. But hey he is from a gag anime pretty much everything he does is treated like a joke so it is kinda hard to be manly unless the plot decides to be serious for once (and even then the focus is on the main characters not him).

But about Archer I don't think he should get votes just for being where the term came from. Not hating on Archer or saying he doesn't deserve votes just if you vote for him vote for him because you think he, as a character, deserves it. A typo in a post about him has nothing to do with this competition. Being the source of a term ,especially when it was a mistake, does not make him the best at it. There are plenty of other GARs who some might say define GAR better than Archer. If you don't agree then fine that is what this competition is sorta here to decide. But I'm just saying if you vote for someone vote for who you think truly deserves it not just the guy who apparently started the term.

Wise words Razz

Because Gintama shinsengumi guy carries Zoro's voice and i feel pity for him (which he would probably hate if i told him i did), ima vote for him Very Happy

[Archer] = 13
Valvatorez
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Shogun13
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
MiniSiets
Oak
Deathfire
Mafiacow
BK-201
Metazoxan
Ovyda

[Hijikata] = 2
Nonononoki
Bato
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Metazoxan wrote:I'm going to have to vote for Archer because Hijikata Toushirou doesn't seem all that GAR to me. Sure he is an interesting character but he strikes me as more the "Cool guy" rather than the manly or awesomely GAR guy. I can see how he is at least a bit GAR but he is certainly one of the weaker contenders. But hey he is from a gag anime pretty much everything he does is treated like a joke so it is kinda hard to be manly unless the plot decides to be serious for once (and even then the focus is on the main characters not him).

I'm guessing you haven't seen the Thorny arc yet.

I nominated Hijikata and rate him higher than a lot of other nominees, but it's unfortunate his first round had to be Archer.

[Archer] = 14
Valvatorez
Sir Maddy
Roy Blue
Shogun13
Sporadic
Natsu Dragneel
MiniSiets
Oak
Deathfire
Mafiacow
BK-201
Metazoxan
Ovyda
Kusanagi

[Hijikata] = 2
Nonononoki
Bato
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:24 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

Why cant we just leave this shit out and vote for manly men?
We are on the first day of voting for christs sake......

We're in this for the manliness now, not to debate and make long posts.
SO ONWARD TO MANLINESS! NO LOOKING BACK! NO COMPLAINING ABOUT CONTENDERS! WE TAKE WHAT IS COMING LIKE A MAN!

Last edited by Valvatorez on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

I don't see a problem with the post nor any reason for other people to get problems from it. He's simply stating his opinion on the match-up, and I'm pretty sure that discussion on that sort of thing is an indirect purpose of the elimination games. We don't need to be offended simply because other people don't agree with us.

EDIT: Though this is only the case if posts aren't trying to offend people and if the reasoning is... reasonable. Saying "I'm not voting for x since he's stupid" is not included in the sort of discussion I want.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:I'm going to have to vote for Archer because Hijikata Toushirou doesn't seem all that GAR to me. Sure he is an interesting character but he strikes me as more the "Cool guy" rather than the manly or awesomely GAR guy. I can see how he is at least a bit GAR but he is certainly one of the weaker contenders. But hey he is from a gag anime pretty much everything he does is treated like a joke so it is kinda hard to be manly unless the plot decides to be serious for once (and even then the focus is on the main characters not him).

but it's unfortunate his first round had to be Archer.

Agreed, was disappointed to see this.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:29 pm

Valvatorez wrote:

We're in this for the manliness now, not to debate and make long posts.
SO ONWARD TO MANLINESS! NO LOOKING BACK! NO COMPLAINING ABOUT CONTENDERS! WE TAKE WHAT IS COMING LIKE A MAN!
That was very MANLY!!!! These guys don't need my help either
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

I don't see a problem with the post nor any reason for other people to get problems from it. He's simply stating his opinion on the match-up, and I'm pretty sure that discussion on that sort of thing is an indirect purpose of the elimination games. We don't need to be offended simply because other people don't agree with us.

EDIT: Though this is only the case if posts aren't trying to offend people and if the reasoning is... reasonable. Saying "I'm not voting for x since he's stupid" is not included in the sort of discussion I want.

Exactly. I'm not arguing nor am I complaining as karma is implying. I am simply stating my opinion. Not in contrast or opposition to someone else's I simply wanted to say how I felt, nothing more. You said something about a certain arc and I'm not sure if I have seen it or not (I don't know every arc by name) but from what I have seen the guy from Gintama does have some good moments just not that many. I'm not arguing that he can't be Gar simply that he isn't a strong one hence I didn't vote for him. If this arc you're talking about proves my opinion wrong I'll have to get around to picking that anime back up so I can see it (I stopped watching it when new episodes stopped airing and still haven't gotten around to starting it back up again now that it has re continued). But for now I'll just have to work with my limited knowledge about him.

On that note I know how you feel. That are going to be some really tough votes later on.

My other statement was simply my opinion and I wanted to encourage people to vote properly. Not once did I tell anyone not to vote for Archer (heck I voted for him myself) but I simply wish for people to vote fairly on the quality of the character and not voting for someone simply for technically having the title of "starting the term GAR". After all as I believe shogun mentioned with that guy that makes people explode GAR has been around much longer that Archer so you can't say he is the first GAR.

@Karma: I'm not going to argue with you so calm the hell down. I just stated my opinion on the characters. I never refuted anything anyone else said to pointed at anyone in particular with that post. But even if I was debating at all like Kusa said that is part of the point of this isn't it? If you hate debating that much you certainly don't have to be part of any of it if you don't want to and I'll try to remember to not do so to you. So please stop yelling at me when I'm just giving my opinion on the characters and not even debating.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:08 am

Day 2:
Revy - Black Lagoon
VS
Auron - FFX