JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2

2 posters

Go down

Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2 Empty Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Manga Club-To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2

Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2 4504746212_37aff90cd6_o

Okay so we will now be continuing the second half of this manga (Note that this series is still ongoing so we will not be able to reach any kind of real ending.

Discussion should be around chapter 26-30 I believe and that is around the fight between Misaka and the other level 5 esper. So what do you think of their fight?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2 Empty Re: Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2

Post by sayWut Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:47 am

I really liked this part, overall the fight was good those girls seemed to have troublesome powers against her. The "doll" bombs , although initially they would be easy to dodge and wouldn't work so well in the open were good for this location, made Misaka fatigued which could have been part of there plan. I also thought the flash-bang was a clever Idea, I certainly wasn't expecting a flash-bang to go off although didn't seem to do much to her

Then there was the "tracking" esper, i think this is the first time we've came into contact with such a power in the manga I think... lastly theirs the "meltdowner" her power being able to literally blow anything away and more or less destroy everything... however in the end , you cant really beat the Electricity Misaka posses, there just to much one can do with that power, you can make swords out of dirt by using magnetics or something, then she can fill the air and her surroundings with high volts of electricity. In the end you cant really beat such a power

sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2 Empty Re: Manga club- To Aru Kagaku no Railgun part 2

Post by Metazoxan Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 am

sayWut wrote:I really liked this part, overall the fight was good those girls seemed to have troublesome powers against her. The "doll" bombs , although initially they would be easy to dodge and wouldn't work so well in the open were good for this location, made Misaka fatigued which could have been part of there plan. I also thought the flash-bang was a clever Idea, I certainly wasn't expecting a flash-bang to go off although didn't seem to do much to her

Then there was the "tracking" esper, i think this is the first time we've came into contact with such a power in the manga I think... lastly theirs the "meltdowner" her power being able to literally blow anything away and more or less destroy everything... however in the end , you cant really beat the Electricity Misaka posses, there just to much one can do with that power, you can make swords out of dirt by using magnetics or something, then she can fill the air and her surroundings with high volts of electricity. In the end you cant really beat such a power

Not really because Misaka is only #3 out of the level 5 espers. So at least two others are seen by the system as stronger than her and even those ranked below her aren't exactly weaker they may just not have as versatile a power as her. Blasting things into oblivion may not have as many uses but it is also hard to defend against.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Sorry for this late reply just been to busy Sad

Anyway I do agree, an "epspers" power can cause mass amount of destruction, but that depends on the level. Which I don't know how far the gap is, for when an esper rises in level.

Overall it was a good fight, a lot of action, I just wish Misaka got her kurko buddy out with her, having a teleporter would have been a great help...
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:34 pm

sayWut wrote:Sorry for this late reply just been to busy Sad

Anyway I do agree, an "epspers" power can cause mass amount of destruction, but that depends on the level. Which I don't know how far the gap is, for when an esper rises in level.

Overall it was a good fight, a lot of action, I just wish Misaka got her kurko buddy out with her, having a teleporter would have been a great help...

Unfortunately Misaka seems to be the type to do stuff on her own and to try to keep other people from getting involved in what she seems as "Her problem" A teleporter would have made all those missions to destroy basses easy and may have even allowed her to mask her identity a little like having Kurko disable the cameras once in a while to keep them from noticing a single power is always used to attack the bases. They probably would have figured Misaka eventually but a little teleporting power would have made it less obvious.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Yaa she is, I think she just dosnt want any of her friends to get hurt really, wel lI hope to see some more duo action soon, would be nice to see some more development of other characters working together such as saten san, kuroko, uharu and stuff,

As much as she destroyed the lab , this is going to cause a hindrance bit its not over yet, however I haves feeling it will end soon. Ide also like to see some development between misaka and Touma they seem like an " interesting pair" to say the least!
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:38 pm

sayWut wrote:Yaa she is, I think she just dosnt want any of her friends to get hurt really, wel lI hope to see some more duo action soon, would be nice to see some more development of other characters working together such as saten san, kuroko, uharu and stuff,

As much as she destroyed the lab , this is going to cause a hindrance bit its not over yet, however I haves feeling it will end soon. Ide also like to see some development between misaka and Touma they seem like an " interesting pair" to say the least!
You know if Misaka wasn't afraid of killing people she would probably be pretty unstoppable. I mean she avoids hitting people directly with her full power since that would kill them and resorts to using her power is various ways to take down her enemy without killing them. But if she jsut went wild and blasted everything he fights would go by so much easier.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:44 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
sayWut wrote:Yaa she is, I think she just dosnt want any of her friends to get hurt really, wel lI hope to see some more duo action soon, would be nice to see some more development of other characters working together such as saten san, kuroko, uharu and stuff,

You know if Misaka wasn't afraid of killing people she would probably be pretty unstoppable. I mean she avoids hitting people directly with her full power since that would kill them and resorts to using her power is various ways to take down her enemy without killing them. But if she jsut went wild and blasted everything he fights would go by so much easier.

Yaa well as mad as she can get I guess it isn't in her nature as tbf her nature in general is actually very caring indeed. Her power could obliterate a lot of opponents, especially the actual rail gun which she didn't use, we saw her use the railgun on vol 1 I believe when the bank robbery took place, and the amount of damage that did, taking a straight on hit against that would be fatal.

I have a feeling we may see those opponents of hers again soon, as this "sister" cloning isnt over just yet, not only this but she has to beat this accelerator and he seems like a god awful component indeed. However she is very intelligent in conveying her powers the best she can which is one of the best parts about her
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:59 pm

sayWut wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Yaa well as mad as she can get I guess it isn't in her nature as tbf her nature in general is actually very caring indeed. Her power could obliterate a lot of opponents, especially the actual rail gun which she didn't use, we saw her use the railgun on vol 1 I believe when the bank robbery took place, and the amount of damage that did, taking a straight on hit against that would be fatal.

I have a feeling we may see those opponents of hers again soon, as this "sister" cloning isnt over just yet, not only this but she has to beat this accelerator and he seems like a god awful component indeed. However she is very intelligent in conveying her powers the best she can which is one of the best parts about her

Acceletator is a pretty crazy character but you have to wonder how much about the situation he really understands. I mean all the scientists may have said was "We made a bunch of mindless clones and if you kill them all you'll become level 6". It's not like the sisters tend to show much emotion so he may not even be completely in touch with what his actions really mean. Those scientists from when we first saw a sister is proof of that. Casually talking to a sister then staring at a room full of corpses and acting like there is nothing wrong with it.

But I have a question. Why not make acceletaror clones instead? If he is the strongest esper then his clones should be a little stronger than Misaka's and that should mean needing less clones to finish the experiment. Actually a mix of both would be best since it would provide more varied combat. Think about most RPG games. Grinding levels only goes so far in one area especially with some games that actually throttle back on what you from enemies you have killed several times already (ratchet and clank for example). You need to move around to various areas and fight different kinds of opponents. I'm sure they could have altered the clones to not have his face if they were afraid of that being an issue. So can anyone think of a good reason for why they didn't do this?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

Acceletator is a pretty crazy character but you have to wonder how much about the situation he really understands. I mean all the scientists may have said was "We made a bunch of mindless clones and if you kill them all you'll become level 6". It's not like the sisters tend to show much emotion so he may not even be completely in touch with what his actions really mean. Those scientists from when we first saw a sister is proof of that. Casually talking to a sister then staring at a room full of corpses and acting like there is nothing wrong with it.

But I have a question. Why not make acceletaror clones instead? If he is the strongest esper then his clones should be a little stronger than Misaka's and that should mean needing less clones to finish the experiment. Actually a mix of both would be best since it would provide more varied combat. Think about most RPG games. Grinding levels only goes so far in one area especially with some games that actually throttle back on what you from enemies you have killed several times already (ratchet and clank for example). You need to move around to various areas and fight different kinds of opponents. I'm sure they could have altered the clones to not have his face if they were afraid of that being an issue. So can anyone think of a good reason for why they didn't do this?

He is , slightly psychotic too, it seems he enjoys it. I can understand that he may find them mindless but its the way he kills them. Regardless if there mindless that still girls that bleed and breath. Its quite clear though that they do have some sort of emotion, for example when that clone had a gift from misaka she reached out and tried to crawl to it before she was crushed Sad. But again I don't think he knows this at all. Either way those scientists are mindless scum!

I wondered this actually, as he is technically stronger.. however with his attitude he may not like killing him self over and over again, well that's if they would modify his face hmmmm. The unfortunate thing is that he seems quite power hungry, I don't understand why the scientists want him to be level 6 at all, he seems like he could be a complete and utter danger to society. Hes strong now let alone gaining a another level. As ive noticed there seems to be a largish gap between levels where power is concerned.
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:41 pm

sayWut wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

He is , slightly psychotic too, it seems he enjoys it. I can understand that he may find them mindless but its the way he kills them. Regardless if there mindless that still girls that bleed and breath. Its quite clear though that they do have some sort of emotion, for example when that clone had a gift from misaka she reached out and tried to crawl to it before she was crushed Sad. But again I don't think he knows this at all. Either way those scientists are mindless scum!

I wondered this actually, as he is technically stronger.. however with his attitude he may not like killing him self over and over again, well that's if they would modify his face hmmmm. The unfortunate thing is that he seems quite power hungry, I don't understand why the scientists want him to be level 6 at all, he seems like he could be a complete and utter danger to society. Hes strong now let alone gaining a another level. As ive noticed there seems to be a largish gap between levels where power is concerned.
Well any signs of emotion the sisters show was never in front of accelerator or something that he would have noticed. Like with the Pin thing I doubt he saw the pin and just figured she was crawling away. Also I think you could compare him mentality to a video game. Even if there is gory graphics people still love to play these games. Why? Because they find it fun and they know the blood isn't real. Not replace video games with reality but instead of killing humans you are killing factory produced clones that some guys made with a bunch of machines and proteins. As long as he doesn't see the girls as actual humans it makes sense that he can kill them as easily as you would kill people in a video game.

As for why make a level 6. Because they can. The whole point of the city is to gather and study ESP. So creating the world's first level 6 is everything to them. Heck some of those scientists probably would have used natural born humans for the experiment if they could have and it would've helped. I have a feeling some of them are just completely insane.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:21 pm

I agree, he may not seem it that way at all, but its still killing and he loves it! fir example if i was presented with a clone of a normal person and had to kill it, it was still be an odd dark feeling ..... But maybe im bias as I love Misaka so much and watching her get killed by that fucker is sickening!

YEa I guess it is, but I though they would pick a more stable candidate for such research. I have a feeling that soon all this sister stuff, accelerator will just implode/ I don't know whats going to happen in the next volume, but for me I think shit is going to go down
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 pm

sayWut wrote:I agree, he may not seem it that way at all, but its still killing and he loves it! fir example if i was presented with a clone of a normal person and had to kill it, it was still be an odd dark feeling ..... But maybe im bias as I love Misaka so much and watching her get killed by that fucker is sickening!

YEa I guess it is, but I though they would pick a more stable candidate for such research. I have a feeling that soon all this sister stuff, accelerator will just implode/ I don't know whats going to happen in the next volume, but for me I think shit is going to go down

They picked him because he was the strongest and the closest one to reaching level 6 as it was. Getting someone like Misaka up to level 6 might have required 40,000 accelerator clones or something. Plus they probably figured they couldn't get someone like Misaka to do and and Accelerator was the only one they could get to work with them.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 am

Yea , I don't know how much stronger he is, but I think is indeed significantly stronger. Misaka would certainly be a challenge for him however strength inst all, as misaka has a lot of wit, as its only a matter of time before the battle between them unfolds.

If he does reach level 6 he will honestly be an unstoppable force... They could never clone the sisters to misakas level, and I don't know why they use guns, that wont work at all, they don't have the full power of misaka at all.
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:32 am

sayWut wrote:Yea , I don't know how much stronger he is, but I think is indeed significantly stronger. Misaka would certainly be a challenge for him however strength inst all, as misaka has a lot of wit, as its only a matter of time before the battle between them unfolds.

If he does reach level 6 he will honestly be an unstoppable force... They could never clone the sisters to misakas level, and I don't know why they use guns, that wont work at all, they don't have the full power of misaka at all.

I wondered about the gun thing to but I guess they "could" hurt him if he let his guard down and wasn't using that vector barrier of his. The battle senarios don't seem to be depending on matching power with power but just giving him battle experience in various kinds of battles.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:50 am

yea they all seem to be simulated very differently, and his power is certainly unique. I guess this is why there are so many clones, ofc much weaker but each fight as you say can "hone" his skills in each field making his much stronger. However there would be a lot of corpses. Also did you know that misaka Mikotot is actually only 14 years old ^^

I look forward to and if Misaka and him fight, wel see how his manga progresses as im very interested. Oh and btw, what chapters should we be reading now :p I would like to keep really active on this Smile
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:09 am

sayWut wrote:yea they all seem to be simulated very differently, and his power is certainly unique. I guess this is why there are so many clones, ofc much weaker but each fight as you say can "hone" his skills in each field making his much stronger. However there would be a lot of corpses. Also did you know that misaka Mikotot is actually only 14 years old ^^

I look forward to and if Misaka and him fight, wel see how his manga progresses as im very interested. Oh and btw, what chapters should we be reading now :p I would like to keep really active on this Smile

we are up to chapter 34 now.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:32 am

excellent well wrapping up the last battle between Misaka and thet other level 5, I think Misaka used some good strategies, especially when she launched one of those bomb dols, and filled it with metal parts so she could control the velocity and direction of it as she goes for the opponent. Shortly after Misaka then launched a barrage attack with many many dills, , however they didn't prove to efficient.

I also released this girls "railgun" type power is her card power, she flipped up a card and it then shot out like misakas railgun, which seemed very interesting indeed. More over these " card" seem to pack a massive punch , I think she launches them but im not to sure?

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/to_aru_kagaku_no_rail_gun/v05/c030/17.html

I then loved when Misaka knocked her out this that dol, clever thinking indeed, but damn she is worn down now. . She should have tied her up or something I dont know as she comes back and does a full on side kick in her gut >.> Misaka is just to soft!

I liked how she led her to the part of the factory with all the explosives, again wit really does out way power the of an individual, I really enjoyed all this fighting there was so much going on!
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down