JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Topic: The meaning of life

+25
Doomguy
RDragonzx
Colme
Kelandis
DemonEyesJoe
Androgynous
svengerman
Hikikomori
Dcmac
Belsfir
Blazer
Valvatorez
Kusanagi
sayWut
MiniSiets
MrLincecum
Paper Tiger
L3GION
Enigma
Mylespol
Hatless
Yuki Terumi
Kaleb_K
bedheadred
Raziel
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The First Topic: The meaning of life Empty The First Topic: The meaning of life

Post by Raziel Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am

Alright scholars and smarty-pants people, What is the meaning of life?

Call me pessimistic, but I don't think you were born with a life that has meaning and that you have to give your own life meaning or die having lived a meaningless life.
Raziel
Raziel
Academy Student

Male Posts : 18

Back to top Go down

The First Topic: The meaning of life Empty Re: The First Topic: The meaning of life

Post by bedheadred Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:30 am

I believe that you come from and return to the earth and must make your legacy in the time that you are given. You choose whether it be a legacy of good or evil and how you will be remembered.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

The First Topic: The meaning of life Empty Re: The First Topic: The meaning of life

Post by Kaleb_K Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:09 am

We are born into this world unaware of anything good or bad, and for the most part we develop a sense of good and bad as we grow up. There is only one sensible meaning of life for any race, creed, religion, or philosophy: To find happiness. That is my opinion, short, sweet and simple.
Kaleb_K
Kaleb_K
Gillian

Male Posts : 86
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Terumi Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:42 am

In short: to learn. Be it from the world around you or the people who inhabit it. It all shapes who you are, and allows you to make choices. Choices that will define what you are remembered by when you depart from this world.
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:07 am

There is no meaning in life, the truth is that nothing will matter. when you and everyone you knew dies there will be noone left who will care about you or anything you did
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Mylespol Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 am

the meaning of life is to watch anime and play games..... Yeah.... something like that
Mylespol
Mylespol
Bronze Saint

Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 am

Mylespol wrote:the meaning of life is to watch anime and play games..... Yeah.... something like that

lol best answer ever
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 am

I don't believe there is a meaning to life. Do what you want with it. You have it, so be selfish. Take everything you want out of it, whatever that may be. Just don't forget that there are others. When you step on others, they will step on you.

Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Male Posts : 110
Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:41 am

To talk to people online and jerk it all day. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 am

You were born to reproduce, infect the world, and then die.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:47 am

AnalBag wrote:To talk to people online and jerk it all day. Cool

I think you have this thread confused with.."the reason for the internet"

Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:49 am

Enigma wrote:
AnalBag wrote:To talk to people online and jerk it all day. Cool

I think you have this thread confused with.."the reason for the internet"

You mite be right..... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:53 am

Damn right I'm right. Enigma not being right? Well that's just not right. Right? Right.

Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:55 am

Enigma wrote:Damn right I'm right. Enigma not being right? Well that's just not right. Right? Right.

The fact that you must question it, is just not right.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:58 am

LEFT TURN!

The meaning of life is to make an impression upon the world after you are gone, however small that may be. Whether you're simply remembered for being a good father or grandfather, or you invent a cure for cancer, being remembered in the minds of your offspring and those you have affected is the closest to immortality humanity will ever reach.

That, and sex. Mainly the sex part though.
Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 am

To lose your virginity. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:04 am

AnalBag wrote:To lose your virginity. Cool

I guess I completed life a long time ago?
Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:03 am

Enigma wrote:I guess I completed life a long time ago?
Yup, you're now a zombie - didn't you know that? A sex-driven zombie, but a zombie nevertheless. lol
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLincecum Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:18 am

I believe life is a simple math equation, only you don't know what values to plug in for the variables. Sure, there may be a formulaic way of solving it, but when you're not given the information, the only thing you can do is plug in random numbers and hope for the best. But when you're given a scope of numbers to choose from, it makes the probability of coming up with the right answer much higher, even if there isn't an answer to begin with. But who needs an answer anyway? When people grade math tests, they look mainly to make sure you know how to do the problem, rather than just get the right answer. I think you can look at life the same way.

Those who see no meaning in life, in my opinion, are those who looked at the problem and didn't care much to solve it and just wrote "No Solution," or those who started the problem but didn't have the will or the circumstances to complete it.

tl;dr Life is an endless math equation with no given values for any of the variables. Those values are only achieved through hard work and perseverance. How you get to the solution is more important than the actual solution.
MrLincecum
MrLincecum
Gillian

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:30 am

MrLincecum wrote:I believe life is a simple math equation, only you don't know what values to plug in for the variables. Sure, there may be a formulaic way of solving it, but when you're not given the information, the only thing you can do is plug in random numbers and hope for the best. But when you're given a scope of numbers to choose from, it makes the probability of coming up with the right answer much higher, even if there isn't an answer to begin with. But who needs an answer anyway? When people grade math tests, they look mainly to make sure you know how to do the problem, rather than just get the right answer. I think you can look at life the same way.

Those who see no meaning in life, in my opinion, are those who looked at the problem and didn't care much to solve it and just wrote "No Solution," or those who started the problem but didn't have the will or the circumstances to complete it.

tl;dr Life is an endless math equation with no given values for any of the variables. Those values are only achieved through hard work and perseverance. How you get to the solution is more important than the actual solution.

I don't know what school you go to/went to, but mine didn't give a fuck about knowing how to do it, if you didn't have the right answer you clearly didn't know how to do it.

The fact of the matter is, without an answer, there is no problem.

Sure, there may be questions, but there is no equation.

For instance, if we hadn't yet invented math (but somehow had numbers..), you could have a question such as,

"What is 7 combined with 4?"

There is no answer, because without the proper tools, it is an unsolvable and pointless question.

And philosophers might say, "To know 7 and 4 will grant us infinite knowledge, but that knowledge we shall never achieve", but what does that accomplish?

Nothing.

Unsolvable equations are not true equations. They are simply, "what if?"'s.

And why ask what if, if we will never know in our lifetime, or even in the entire span of human existence? The meaning of life is not something which can be measured quantitatively. Life is only what you make of it, and no one meaning is sufficient for every person. To me, life is about living. Nothing more, nothing less. To you, it may be something different. This is a question in which every answer is correct, and no answer is correct. It is another question in par with "is there a god, or gods?" We don't know, and we won't know.

I, personally, choose not to care. I have better things to do with my life than try to solve the unsolvable.

Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 am

There is also the life = $$$ way of thinking (or $$$ = life, whichever you prefer) - money by itself does not guarantee a happy life, but without the cash one's misery is pretty well secured. I know, making as much and as fast as possible may not seem like much of a life goal, but if one still has (quite vivid) childhood memories of what it feels like to not have enough to eat right on daily basis, that perspective changes a bit...
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:59 am

Strictly in the objective sense, there is no all-encompassing meaning to life. Since "meaning" is a concept derived only from sentient minds, we are the ultimate deciding factors of our own destinies, and one's chosen purpose in life may vary from another's.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:38 am

The meaing of this worlds life is pretty much,

1> Get Job
2> Make Money
3> Sleep

Repeat steps 2,3

Move onto step 4 after many years which is death and job done
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 am

My generic but believed answers:

1.) To live longer. Life's meaning in all organisms is to maintain its phenomenon, which includes reproduction.

2.) Whatever you wish to make of it.

3.) To find happiness, whatever happiness is to you. Everything in life is done for the sake of one's own satisfaction or life. EVERYTHING. Even philanthropy is simply done because someone has a desire to help others to be satisfied.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:40 am

I always thought the meaning of life as a droll cycle that repeats itself for everyone's life.

That is,
Be conceived > Grow & Learn > Find Love > Reproduce > Partner or self to conceive a child

That's the way I look at it. A cycle that always leads to itself over and over again.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next