JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darker than Black: Anime Discussion

+9
Hatless
L3GION
Sporadic
MiniSiets
Nyako~Mayushii
Lelouch Britannia
Shinimagami
Valvatorez
Yuki Terumi
13 posters

Go down

Darker than Black: Anime Discussion Empty Darker than Black: Anime Discussion

Post by Yuki Terumi Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:09 pm

A thread for which discussion of the anime Darker than BLACK can take place. Enjoy.

Last edited by Yuki Terumi on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Darker than Black: Anime Discussion Empty Re: Darker than Black: Anime Discussion

Post by Valvatorez Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:11 pm

So far I am enjoying it. I am a bit, eh, when it comes to episodic anime. Well, at least you guys say it stops after meeting a certain person. So I am good.

As I right this, about to start episode 8.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Darker than Black: Anime Discussion Empty Re: Darker than Black: Anime Discussion

Post by Yuki Terumi Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:50 pm

A great series overall. I'm not a huge fan of the ending of season 2, and I'm still holding out hope for another season, but it's easily of one my favourites.
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinimagami Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:52 pm

I watched the first season...and one episode of the second...that was pretty much it. I liked the first season way better. I don't think they really needed the second.
Shinimagami
Shinimagami
Academy Student

Female Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Britannia Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 pm

I've watched both seasons and all 4 OVAs. I liked the first season way better then the secound and the OVAs.
Lelouch Britannia
Lelouch Britannia
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Darker than Black: Anime Discussion Empty Darker Than BLACK

Post by Nyako~Mayushii Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:58 am

Man I've been marathoning through this shiz this whole weekend, It's epic~! Thanks to Mr.LightDark for influencing my decision to watch it~

Let the discussion begin!

I love how super awesomely kind yet mysterious Hei is, and Yin's moe is just so AWESOME~!
Nyako~Mayushii
Nyako~Mayushii
Gillian

Female Posts : 82
Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 am

I have been curious about starting this anime but haven't gotten around to it yet.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako~Mayushii Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 am

Okarin should definetly watch thid!

It has many crazy people and it can answer questions about the Steins Gate
Nyako~Mayushii
Nyako~Mayushii
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:47 am

MiniSiets wrote:I have been curious about starting this anime but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Same here. I've been bugged a few times by a couple of people to watch it. But my "On Hold" list is so big night now I won't even have the time.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:51 am

Darker Than Black was pretty good. I however found the second season was a little lacking.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 am

it sat on the top of my most favorite anime list for a long time, in fact my pic on my profile is still hei, well was hei back on the old site.

anyway are we discussing the first season or also the second one that has whole girl with sniper thing going on
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 am

Well it's on Netflix and since JD is down my other shows are getting put on hold. Might as well get started with it after I finish the Film Club's latest movie.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:24 am

Outside of the November 11 episodes, and perhaps another pair of episode, I thought the first fourteen or so episodes of Darker Than Black were rather poor (especially the first few). After that, it got really good, even epic in the conclusion. Outside of the last batch of episodes in the first season, my favorite episodes were the ones dealing with Huang's past. The OVA's (which I watched next) which were pretty good, as a whole better than the first season but a bit of a letdown after the latter half of the first season. Gemini Of The Meteor is my favorite portion of the series (gave it an 8 on MAL), and it's a big reason to why Hei is one of my favorite characters in all of anime.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:02 am

Darker Than BLACK, I just posted about you! I can't seem to get away from it . . .

Anyway, I guess I'm in the minority here because I thought the second season was far superior to the first one. It doesn't hurt that I thought the first fourteen episodes were mostly poor, or at best decent, with few exceptions. The first few really sucked. It gets much better after that, really enjoyed Huang's backstory and the conclusion episodes, but on a whole at least half the show wasn't that good. Though, there are plenty other reasons I prefer Gemini. Also, Hei is one of my favorite characters in all of anime.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:11 am

This was the first action anime I watched and it is one of my favourite animes (as my username suggests). I found the 2nd seasons ending a bit confusing but nothing a bit of research couldn't fix. It really needs a 3rd season. Oh and Hei is awesome, just a shame we couldn't see him use his power much in season 2!
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:16 am

Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyalchemist85 Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 am

I loved the first season of Darker than Black... but the second season just was meh... Still watched all of it but... But the first was definitely better. I really liked the interaction of Hei and Misaki.... and loved Mao in the first season.... Didn't like him as much as a flying squirrel.
ladyalchemist85
ladyalchemist85
Academy Student

Female Posts : 32
The Anime Cafe Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 pm

This anime had one of the coolest op I had the pleasure to listen too.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyako~Mayushii Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:03 am

From what I've seen of Season 2, it don't look pretty.

I just finished season one and possibly one OVA (The Fanfiction one.)

Just one question

Spoiler:
Yeah, sorry for reposting this thread, may the other one die .
Nyako~Mayushii
Nyako~Mayushii
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:46 am

Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:09 am

Well I started this anime. About to watch episode 3 right now. So far I am impressed with the concepts and story direction. The way they introduced the doll was interesting. Needs more Yin however. :p
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 am

MiniSiets wrote:Well I started this anime. About to watch episode 3 right now. So far I am impressed with the concepts and story direction. The way they introduced the doll was interesting. Needs more Yin however. :p

Hell Yeah it does!

So have some more Yin!

Spoiler:
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Lelouch Britannia Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:30 pm

I didn't like Moe as a squrril in the secound season. The first was better then the secound season by a lot but I would say that if you watch the first season you might as well watch the secound and the OVA's.
Lelouch Britannia
Lelouch Britannia
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 pm

If the second season is worse then honestly I'm tempted to drop this. 14 episodes in and I'm not terribly amused. It has its moments but far too often the narrative is just too dull and not much excitement is going on. On top of this, the episodic nature makes it feel like it's not building up to anything, so it just seems like it's going nowhere. I'll give it a little longer I guess.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down