JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darker Than Black

4 posters

Go down

Darker Than Black Empty Darker Than Black

Post by ninjadudexp Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:53 pm

"Ten years ago, an inscrutable and abnormal territory known as Hell's Gate appeared in Tokyo, altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The real stars disappeared, replaced by false stars. During this time, people possessing various special abilities emerged, each capable of different supernatural feats - these are known as Contractors. Each Contractor has a corresponding fake star, which reacts to their activities. As such, Contractors are usually identified by their star's Messier catalogue number. Kept secret from the masses, these individuals are known to murder in cold blood, smothering unnecessary emotions with logic and rationale. Their incredible abilities, however, are gained at the cost of their humanity - Contractors are thus named because of an involuntary compulsion to "pay the price" each time their power is used, which can range from eating particular foods and completing meaningless tasks, to self-harm and having their bodies change in peculiar ways. Various nations and organizations around the world train and utilize Contractors as spies and assassins, resulting in violent battles for valuable objects and information. Following the disastrous Heaven's War, the United States lost its dominant position as a superpower to a mysterious organization named the Syndicate. The story revolves around a Chinese contractor codenamed "Hei" as he undertakes various espionage and assassination missions in Tokyo under the direction of the aforementioned Syndicate."

- WIKI
Darker Than Black Darker_than_Black_Banner_by_solid002

Plot:
As the description suggests, not so well i might add, something happened and they lost the real stars and some people gained new ones. In order for them to use there power they are forced into doing a bad habbit, which is why they are called contractors. The series is actually a great series, it has suspense action, and even romance, and it also has that mystery feel to it like death note did, Hei is the main character he seems like all the other contracters and the beginng its just about him taking on missions, later in the series is when it gets better and you see the real story unfold and its up to you to watch it.

Character:
There are a few Main charaters but the only real important one is Hei, although the story is about the indecent that happen the series ends up revolving around him completely, due to something that he always questioned. In the whole series, he is trying to figure out what happened to his sister and where did she go and if she died or not, we also find out how Hei gets his powers ( electricity is his power )

Animation:

The animation in the series is not amazing like some of you guys may have seen in other series such as Accel World, but it is pretty normal and a little dark and gloomy look to it like death note. the style goes well with the series and all the characters are unique and look great.

Audio:

Good audio for both Dubbed and Original. One of the few series i enjoy in dub over the original, and i love the theme song it was good and you can tell it would be an action show.As for character acting they all did well in playing there role.

Opinion:

The story line was and the show does show you how Hei gets his abilities and they do show you the history behind some of the main characters and it does explain the events that caused them all to gain powers. the show was very suspensful i personally loved the masked Hei wore and the little two bladed sword thing he always carried. The series starts off a bit slow not too slow tho, but once you start hitting the end of the series you wont be able to stop watching

i give it 4.5/5 stars!

ninjadudexp
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Darker Than Black Empty Re: Darker Than Black

Post by Androgynous Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:19 pm

i like series to to bad hei nicer as time goes on agree with your review tho good job
Androgynous
Androgynous
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The7thSeal Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 pm

I disagree on two points;
1. That Hei is the only real important character. To be perfectly honest, Hei wouldn't be as interesting a character without the members of team, as well as his interactions with them and the other characters of the series.

2.Your, somewhat unfair, comparison with DTB's animation and Accel World's. Bear in mind that Darker than BLACK was created in 2007, 5 years before Accel World. Animation has come a long way since then. Though saying that, the animation of Darker than BLACK is still, at least in my opinion, very good compared to today's standards
The7thSeal
The7thSeal
Gillian

Male Posts : 96
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjadudexp Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 pm

The7thSeal wrote:I disagree on two points;
1. That Hei is the only real important character. To be perfectly honest, Hei wouldn't be as interesting a character without the members of team, as well as his interactions with them and the other characters of the series.

2.Your, somewhat unfair, comparison with DTB's animation and Accel World's. Bear in mind that Darker than BLACK was created in 2007, 5 years before Accel World. Animation has come a long way since then. Though saying that, the animation of Darker than BLACK is still, at least in my opinion, very good compared to today's standards

lol i never said the animation was bad, but most people are getting use to the newer looks exspecailly with SAO but yeah it is pretty good in comparison to now

well there really wouldnt be a show with out hei tho... the only real reason there was a storyline was simply bc hei wasnt like the other contractors but lets not spoil it for the others who havent seen it

ninjadudexp
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 pm

Not bad at all, and I definitely agree with the audio. The dub was great and the OP theme song was really cool.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down