JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Sections

+5
Kusanagi
Valvatorez
Metazoxan
- The Rose -
Sporadic
9 posters

Go down

Forum Sections Empty Forum Sections

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:20 am

We tried making the forum index as original as possible while still adding a few sections that the JustDubs forum always needed. I just finished doing the final organizing, renaming and description adding. Is there any valid section requests before its finished?
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Forum Sections Empty Re: Forum Sections

Post by - The Rose - Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:23 am

maybe a sub section for manga?
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:38 am

- The Rose - wrote:maybe a sub section for manga?

Noooooooooooooooo! Then what happens to my club!

I'm just half joking. But seriously unless my club was bursting at the seems with activity there would be little point. Although if such a section was made I'd ask to be it's moderator.

Anyway as for my thoughts on the sections
For some reason it feels like something is missing in the anime genera section but I'm not sure what to add.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Metazoxan wrote:

I'm just half joking. But seriously unless my club was bursting at the seems with activity there would be little point. Although if such a section was made I'd ask to be it's moderator.

For some reason it feels like something is missing in the anime genera section but I'm not sure what to add.

Yeah, I agree. I felt against there being a VN section too. For the fact that its just the club members posting in it. Might take that out, depends.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:11 pm

I honestly don't care if that is taken out.
As long as I make my club again again.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Horror and Psychological anime section.

Roleplaying can become a sub-section of The Asylum.

I think we should have a Manga section as well as a Visual Novel section; having only a VN section is kind of weird since manga is more popular and has more English-translated content. But the main point is that it's difficult to discuss different stories or find posts about specific series when either manga or VN discussion is limited to a single thread like the club threads.

The clubs can still exist even with these sections. They can focus on recommendations, assigned manga/VNs to do, general discussion, etc. Even if the clubs have difficulty maintaining activity, I think there's more potential for activity in separate manga/VN sections.

Last edited by Kusanagi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Kusanagi wrote:Horror and Psychological anime section.

I agree with this one.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I felt against there being a VN section too. For the fact that its just the club members posting in it. Might take that out, depends.

well what about the gamer club? or is that different because that is way more popular
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

I feel like there's going to be a lot more posts about video games than VNs though. Just based off of how many topics each were getting on JustDubs.

Also, I set up the Horror and Psychological section.

Last edited by Sporadic on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:00 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:
Kusanagi wrote:Horror and Psychological anime section.

I agree with this one.

I agree with this one as well. Also i do like the section for manga too. Maybe a sub section at least.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Sporadic wrote:I feel like there's going to be a lot more posts about video games than VNs though. Just based off of how many topics each were getting on JustDubs.

Also, I set up the Horror and Psychological section.

We may not need a VN section then. A few people play VNs, but their activity is enough to be managed with just a club thread. But I think we need a Manga section at least, especially because most people read a few manga or at least from time to time.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:18 am

Just remember, less is more.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:33 am

Colme wrote:Just remember, less is more.

Oh hey, Colme. Nice to see you here.

But it's kind of a balance, really. It's not a pain to navigate when there are less sections, and it groups up threads to concentrate activity. But more sections helps organize information, prevents clutter, and can promote discussion by having a section for that topic. For example of the latter, the old forums didn't have a video game section and no one really made threads about them or discussed them outside of the video game club; but with the section in this forum, it's more likely that people will feel like they're allowed to make such threads when they find video games they want to talk about.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Terumi Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:41 pm

If a gaming section remains, I don't think we really need the club. Most discussion in the club could be dispersed as various threads on news, upcoming releases, specific genres etc. I'm not fussed either way, but I don't see the need for both.
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Kusanagi wrote:But it's kind of a balance, really. It's not a pain to navigate when there are less sections, and it groups up threads to concentrate activity. But more sections helps organize information, prevents clutter, and can promote discussion by having a section for that topic. For example of the latter, the old forums didn't have a video game section and no one really made threads about them or discussed them outside of the video game club; but with the section in this forum, it's more likely that people will feel like they're allowed to make such threads when they find video games they want to talk about.

Alternatively you'll end up with a half-dozen virtually empty forum sections.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm

I'll let this week be the trail. If enough threads are started in either section I'll leave them. But if they stay pretty much the same, like I think they will, I'll go ahead and take them out.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Colme wrote:Just remember, less is more.

Oh hey, Colme. Nice to see you here.

But it's kind of a balance, really. It's not a pain to navigate when there are less sections, and it groups up threads to concentrate activity. But more sections helps organize information, prevents clutter, and can promote discussion by having a section for that topic. For example of the latter, the old forums didn't have a video game section and no one really made threads about them or discussed them outside of the video game club; but with the section in this forum, it's more likely that people will feel like they're allowed to make such threads when they find video games they want to talk about.

Exactly. A few times when JD forums was at it's lowest activity points (like a couple posts with any actual content to them every couple days at best) I tried looking for a new forum and one of the things that made me stay away from others was a ton of section. Sure it organized everything but there were tons I didn't care about so I had to try to navigate. It is a good set up for really active communities as small sections just can't hold all the topics but JD forums just doesn't have that kinda activity. If we had a set up like Mangafox the forums would look like a complete ghost town because half would barely get any activity. Plus less sections means less to immediately navigate through and a simpler layout. With the manga club no one seems to want to discuss even one manga in the main thread so it hasn't even had the chance to get cluttered and the discussion events barely seem to be getting by. If the discussions did well and the main club had even two manga discussions mixing together then I could see the use of a manga section. But as things stand while plenty of people signed up for the club and plenty of people read manga few seem to feel like discussing it much on JD.

Same with VNs Iagree that you should remove that section.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum