JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime you like but no one else likes?

+10
LunarLexal
Metazoxan
doeded
MrYoSo901
Shogun13
Tsuyushi
Bato
Ovyda
Desdenova
Kusanagi
14 posters

Go down

Anime you like but no one else likes? Empty Anime you like but no one else likes?

Post by Kusanagi Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 am

What are some anime that you guys like, while a lot of other people dislike? This is pretty much an optimistic version of this thread. Underappreciated anime can also count I guess.

I like Sengoku Basara to an extent, even though everyone hates its lack of depth. I think the second season is pretty deep though... kinda.
I enjoy Lucky Star. Come at me.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Anime you like but no one else likes? Empty Re: Anime you like but no one else likes?

Post by Desdenova Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:43 am

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.
Desdenova
Desdenova
Academy Student

Male Posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Anime you like but no one else likes? Empty Re: Anime you like but no one else likes?

Post by Ovyda Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:54 am

Oh I have lots of them I think!

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Eyeshield 21
Ginga e Kickoff!!
The Law of Ueki
Area no Kishi
Beelzebub
No.6
Prince of Tennis
Sakamichi no Apollon
Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox
Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
Buzzer Beater
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:40 pm

^I like Area no Kishi and probably half of that list when i try them.

I would say Bakumatsu Roman, but lately i have been hating this one aswell. Can you believe it? The only fan turned against them.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Maybe...
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
It was pretty predictable but I liked it for some reason.

Also, I can't think of anybody off the top of my head that likes Kimi to Boku. Although on MAL it's got a 7.94 so I guess that doesn't count.
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Tsuyushi wrote:Maybe...
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

Also, I can't think of anybody off the top of my head that likes Kimi to Boku. Although on MAL it's got a 7.94 so I guess that doesn't count.

Ratings doesn't really tell much about it imo. Maybe just 1000 people saw and they rated good, while others didn't even bother to watch and rate it, simply dropped.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
YOU'RE A MONSTER.
But other than that, I seem to like Maburaho more than most. I found the incredibly obvious plot (I could tell you who would get attention before it started because they always used the same order) and silly contrivances to be a brilliant point of parody. Granted it was never intended as a parody, but really, isn't the whole idea a farce in it's highest form. Nothing about it is believable. So laughing at the stylistic moves taken is just one more form of enjoying it.
Other than that, I seem to almost be the gold standard to people on here. Don't know if that's good, but it seems to be the case.
Oh and I also like Naruto. Come at me.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:41 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

Ratings doesn't really tell much about it imo. Maybe just 1000 people saw and they rated good, while others didn't even bother to watch and rate it, simply dropped.
It actually has 13539 ratings. Razz http://myanimelist.net/anime/10460/Kimi_to_Boku

I just only know like.. 3 people who've seen it and they all didn't like it.
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:50 pm

Tsuyushi wrote:
Ovyda wrote:
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

It actually has 13539 ratings. Razz http://myanimelist.net/anime/10460/Kimi_to_Boku

I just only know like.. 3 people who've seen it and they all didn't like it.

lol dude it was just an example, not like I was specifically saying about this anime and how many of them rated/watched (random number lol)

I also watch Naruto, so what? It's good.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't watch Naruto, but I do read it. I can't say much about the anime, but I like the manga. Looking back on it, I don't think there's much of anything that'd make me lose respect for it (besides Sasuke). On the other hand, if you look back on Bleach, it's kind of a bunch of cheap power-ups and hollow character development most of the time. I think a lot of the hate is just because it's popular and because pre-time-skip Naruto is annoying.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Kusanagi wrote:I don't watch Naruto, but I do read it. I can't say much about the anime, but I like the manga. Looking back on it, I don't think there's much of anything that'd make me lose respect for it (besides Sasuke). On the other hand, if you look back on Bleach, it's kind of a bunch of cheap power-ups and hollow character development most of the time. I think a lot of the hate is just because it's popular and because pre-time-skip Naruto is annoying.

ehh really? I liked the pre-time-skip naruto(fillers doesn't exist), fights were more technical and clever, now its just like they're showing off how much chakra they have and how powerful their nukes are.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:32 pm

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Kusanagi wrote:I don't watch Naruto, but I do read it. I can't say much about the anime, but I like the manga. Looking back on it, I don't think there's much of anything that'd make me lose respect for it (besides Sasuke). On the other hand, if you look back on Bleach, it's kind of a bunch of cheap power-ups and hollow character development most of the time. I think a lot of the hate is just because it's popular and because pre-time-skip Naruto is annoying.

ehh really? I liked the pre-time-skip naruto(fillers doesn't exist), fights were more technical and clever, now its just like they're showing off how much chakra they have and how powerful their nukes are.

No, I meant the character Naruto, not the manga itself lol.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post by doeded Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Ovyda wrote:Oh I have lots of them I think!

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Eyeshield 21
Ginga e Kickoff!!
The Law of Ueki
Area no Kishi
Beelzebub
No.6
Prince of Tennis
Sakamichi no Apollon
Buzzer Beater

Nice list. I've seen Prince of Tennis and Buzzer Beater. Definitely going to check out the rest.
doeded
doeded
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:01 pm

Shogun13 wrote:
Kusanagi wrote:
YOU'RE A MONSTER.
But other than that, I seem to like Maburaho more than most. I found the incredibly obvious plot (I could tell you who would get attention before it started because they always used the same order) and silly contrivances to be a brilliant point of parody. Granted it was never intended as a parody, but really, isn't the whole idea a farce in it's highest form. Nothing about it is believable. So laughing at the stylistic moves taken is just one more form of enjoying it.
Other than that, I seem to almost be the gold standard to people on here. Don't know if that's good, but it seems to be the case.
Oh and I also like Naruto. Come at me.
I also liked Maburaho. I didn't love it but I enjoyed it well enough. One thing though
Spoiler:
Funny how Naruto's character improves through the series while Sasuke's degrades.
Spoiler:
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:45 pm

doeded wrote:
Ovyda wrote:Oh I have lots of them I think!

Cardfight!! Vanguard
Eyeshield 21
Ginga e Kickoff!!
The Law of Ueki
Area no Kishi
Beelzebub
No.6
Prince of Tennis
Sakamichi no Apollon
Buzzer Beater

Nice list. I've seen Prince of Tennis and Buzzer Beater. Definitely going to check out the rest.

I guess you are a sports genre fan then. In this case I recommend you to watch: Kuroko no Basket, Area no Kishii, Eyeshield21 and Ginga e Kickoff!!
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:21 am

Kusanagi wrote:What are some anime that you guys like, while a lot of other people dislike? This is pretty much an optimistic version of this thread. Underappreciated anime can also count I guess.

I like Sengoku Basara to an extent, even though everyone hates its lack of depth. I think the second season is pretty deep though... kinda.
I like Lucky Star to. So you're not alone.

Apparently I'm the only one who enjoys the Evangelion movies...

LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:44 am

LunarLexal wrote:

Apparently I'm the only one who enjoys the Evangelion movies...

for now.

how could i forget ...... dat ending
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:30 am

LunarLexal wrote:Apparently I'm the only one who enjoys the Evangelion movies...

I liked the EVA movies.. to an extent.
Didn't like the first EVA remake or End of EVA.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:37 pm

Noein: to your other self

get out of my room Crispin freeman!!

DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Focks Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:12 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:Noein: to your other self

I actually don't mind noein.
Focks
Focks
Lab Member

Male Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Noobs wrote:
for now.

how could i forget ...... dat ending
Taking a closer look at the movie that I like so much, it turns out that the one that I own is the 1.11 version of it. Not the 1.0 version that we watched on the Saturday skype thing.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum