JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 24 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by Jaysp656 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:23 am

I think we all agree that would be nice, but my understanding is that the rights to using Kami doesn't belong with the staff of Refuge.

The phrase "lost in the divorce" comes to mind for me but might not be completely accurate.....
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 24 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by MrYoSo901 Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Wampa wrote:do we have a second artist in mind in case we cant get a hold of the original?

http://instantip.deviantart.com/gallery/

http://zak-o.deviantart.com/gallery/

Very Happy
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm

If only you guy's created Kami with super magic powers she would have been able to escape back to us. You know with all the skirts and magic wands Wink
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Belsfir Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Doomguy wrote:If only you guy's created Kami with super magic powers she would have been able to escape back to us. You know with all the skirts and magic wands Wink

Don't forget the ribbons, every mahou shoujo has ribbons for some reason.
Belsfir
Belsfir
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 138
Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by AlucArd_1590 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:30 pm

So any idea on the new mascot's name or does that come after she is created

I'm also assuming the gender to be female it just seems like the natural kind of thing in my opinion
AlucArd_1590
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Male Posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Taco Party Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:18 am

"How Would You Design Our Mascot?"

More ecchi.
Taco Party
Taco Party
Lab Member

Female Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:10 pm

There was a name suggested but I can't quite remember. That or we decided to have whoever makes her give here a name.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:03 pm

I'm in favor of taking suggestions for the name and then voting on the most popular ones so the community has a say in it.

But that's just me, not sure how its going to actually be done.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm

No girl colors thats for sure it would be something bad ass like the soul eater sign
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Taco Party wrote: "How Would You Design Our Mascot?"

More ecchi.

No complaints here.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but is there going to be any backstory with the new mascot and Kami?
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I think it would be intriguing if the new mascot was like Kami's sister or at least had a relation with Kami. Then someone could write up a lore about her and Kami.
I would love to do it, but I am no writer.

Thoughts, anyone?
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by AlucArd_1590 Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:

More ecchi.

No complaints here.

I'm not sure if this was asked, but is there going to be any backstory with the new mascot and Kami?
Not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I think it would be intriguing if the new mascot was like Kami's sister or at least had a relation with Kami. Then someone could write up a lore about her and Kami.

Thoughts, anyone?

that would be pretty cool. That way we still get Kami in a matter of speaking, however this could require more than just a writer but also an editor as well as the approval of site manager and other site administrators and not to mention this can be a whole new fan base assuming it catches the eye of viewers. This could help the new site stand out from the other anime streaming sites and that's not even adding the selection of anime the site will have once its up and running. However this is all assumption at the moment and if the new site stands-out too much it could catch the eyes of some very unhappy people
AlucArd_1590
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm

AlucArd_1590 wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:

More ecchi.

No complaints here.

Thoughts, anyone?

that would be pretty cool. That way we still get Kami in a matter of speaking, however this could require more than just a writer but also an editor as well as the approval of site manager and other site administrators and not to mention this can be a whole new fan base assuming it catches the eye of viewers. This could help the new site stand out from the other anime streaming sites and that's not even adding the selection of anime the site will have once its up and running. However this is all assumption at the moment and if the new site stands-out too much it could catch the eyes of some very unhappy people

I wasn't thinking a whole like story about the new mascot. Just a few paragraphs maybe, just to let people get to know her. I think it would be good for the site as well, but I do see your counterpoint. It would be risky, I suppose.
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimripper20 Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 am

Ginger7327 wrote:

More ecchi.

No complaints here.

Thoughts, anyone?

well I know it was talked about earlier in this forum and I think it was agreed that she was going to be Kami's sister as for the name IDK
Grimripper20
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Ginger7327 wrote:
I wasn't thinking a whole like story about the new mascot. Just a few paragraphs maybe, just to let people get to know her. I think it would be good for the site as well, but I do see your counterpoint. It would be risky, I suppose.

For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

The mascot's current dubbed named is Arisu, named by Red. So we have at least one name, however the name is still open for discussion.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:10 pm

vashnik wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:

For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

The mascot's current dubbed named is Arisu, named by Red. So we have at least one name, however the name is still open for discussion.

All sounds good, I like the name.
+1 vote - Arisu
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by AlucArd_1590 Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 am

All sounds good, I like the name.
+1 vote - Arisu[/quote]

I second that
+2 votes - Arisu
AlucArd_1590
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:57 pm

I third that.
Anyway whats the word on the artist? Are we still trying to contact the original or are we looking for a alternate?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by AlucArd_1590 Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:47 pm

That is a good question I have been wondering the same thing it's been a while since that question was asked
AlucArd_1590
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 am

[quote="vashnik"]
Ginger7327 wrote:For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

I already have a plan for how Kami/the New Mascot will be incorporated into the Site Game. There are "related" in a sense, but not as sisters. I'm not going to spoil it, but I think most people will be happy with the interpretation since it incorporates the transition between sites.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimripper20 Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:12 am

[quote="Colme"]
vashnik wrote:
Ginger7327 wrote:For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

I already have a plan for how Kami/the New Mascot will be incorporated into the Site Game. There are "related" in a sense, but not as sisters. I'm not going to spoil it, but I think most people will be happy with the interpretation since it incorporates the transition between sites.

well however it turns out I look forward to it Smile
Grimripper20
Grimripper20
Gillian

Male Posts : 32
i4Japan

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:17 am

LMAO. Colme, you forgot to take out the open quite tag with Ginger's name in it. Grimripper20 quoted you and it made it look like what you said was posted by me. Had me confused until I saw the open tag without a closing. I kept thinking, "wait, since when did I make plans for how to incorporate Kami and the new mascot in the game." Made me feel like I wrote all that while blacking out.

Grimripper20 wrote:
Colme wrote:
Vashnik wrote:For the most part it's already been agreed that the new mascot would be related to Kami in some way. Those that participated in the discussion all agreed (at least all the posts implied an agreement) to the new mascot being Kami's sister.

well however it turns out I look forward to it Smile

There, fixed.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:13 am

What about if we keep it similar to the old mascot, long hair, cute, female, and able to be turned into a chibi. But have two of them. One with a Tsundere personality and the other it's polar opposite? That way it also shows the complexity and differences of anime as a whole, and doesn't focus on a small portion. You could do it similar to the Kagamine Vocaloid twins even.
Requiem
Requiem
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post by AlucArd_1590 Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Requiem wrote:What about if we keep it similar to the old mascot, long hair, cute, female, and able to be turned into a chibi. But have two of them. One with a Tsundere personality and the other it's polar opposite? That way it also shows the complexity and differences of anime as a whole, and doesn't focus on a small portion. You could do it similar to the Kagamine Vocaloid twins even.

I can see where you are coming from but I don't think fans at least me would like to see a copy and past version of Kami with different hair colour or different clothing. In my personal opinion that would be kind an insult to the original Kami and this is also a chance to do something original than another imitation

again this is just my opinion
AlucArd_1590
AlucArd_1590
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:14 pm

AlucArd_1590 wrote:
Requiem wrote:What about if we keep it similar to the old mascot, long hair, cute, female, and able to be turned into a chibi. But have two of them. One with a Tsundere personality and the other it's polar opposite? That way it also shows the complexity and differences of anime as a whole, and doesn't focus on a small portion. You could do it similar to the Kagamine Vocaloid twins even.

I can see where you are coming from but I don't think fans at least me would like to see a copy and past version of Kami with different hair colour or different clothing. In my personal opinion that would be kind an insult to the original Kami and this is also a chance to do something original than another imitation

again this is just my opinion
I'm of the same mind.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Inglorious Gun Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:07 am

So were are we at as of right now?
Inglorious Gun
Inglorious Gun
Academy Student

Male Posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next