JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apology from Fake Justdubs

+2
Colme
Yuki Terumi
6 posters

Go down

Apology from Fake Justdubs Empty Apology from Fake Justdubs

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:35 pm

Hello Community of JustDubs,

We would like to apologize on behalf of the mischievous act one of our team member caused. He was known on this forum as morningfever. I have just heard news of this and immediately removed him from our team. What he has done is unacceptable. He was sent as an envoy to gain support from you, the community from JustDubs, and instead has made the community turn on us. This is not what we want.

Fake JD was initiated by group of friends that were fans of the original. We have formed a team to keep it alive and maintain it. fake JD is not a one man staff that you all seem to believe. We have several key people behind the scenes. It is true that we have used the database from a different streaming site, but that was a necessary step in order for us to provide the viewers anime. We know we are missing quite a lot of anime from the original JustDubs, regardless, we will work our way through to upload each and every one of them.

Lastly, we are not claiming the mascot of JustDubs of our own. We never have nor will. In time due, we will replace the mascot to something of our own original creation.

Whether we have your support or not is your decision. You can be assured that we will not be taken down as the original did.

We wish you all the best to any future plans you have.

Regards,

Fake JustDubs

Back to top Go down

Apology from Fake Justdubs Empty Re: Apology from Fake Justdubs

Post by Yuki Terumi Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 pm

It might be too late to apologize at this point.
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Lets be frank here.

Fake Justdubs exists for no other reason then someone having seen the opportunity to make a profit off the name. Given what you have done there is no reason why you couldn't have created an entirely new site, but instead you choose to simply to take the name and visuals of JustDubs.

There is a level of moral ambiguity involved for all of us here, given the sort of enterprise we're talking about. Nonetheless this new site is even more transparently in the wrong than the original. Although we cannot expect there to be honor among thieves, your profiteering off a brand that members of this community contributed to, and even if the business of that brand is a murky one, those here have reason to resent that.

There is no reason why we should support this. This thread should be locked.

Last edited by Colme on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatless Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:53 pm

there is no way i will support this if you continue to missuse a name that doesnt belong to you
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Hey at least they made an effort to make peace. That says something. Besides why should we be mad if they want to use the sites former name? We can't use it anymore so we don't need it. If some people want to keep JDs name alive let them. We may think it is too dangerous to use the JD name but if they want to risk it let them. We can choose to move on but if others want to try and hold onto the name then let them be.

I have my doubts the site will be able to keep going but if they somehow manage to keep growing then Yay we have an extra dub site. Plus if they do replace Kami and start to make their design a little more original with time then the site will become a true result of their efforts. So as long as that ass from earlier doesn't come back lets stop with the hate shall we?
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Supposedly that fake site only has one staff member. That's what's been said this entire time. This will only perpetuate drama so I'm nipping this in the bud. What's an apology if the situation isn't corrected?

Locked. Banned.

Our community doesn't approve of this fake site.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by steveyk Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Hey at least they made an effort to make peace. That says something. Besides why should we be mad if they want to use the sites former name? We can't use it anymore so we don't need it. If some people want to keep JDs name alive let them. We may think it is too dangerous to use the JD name but if they want to risk it let them. We can choose to move on but if others want to try and hold onto the name then let them be.

I have my doubts the site will be able to keep going but if they somehow manage to keep growing then Yay we have an extra dub site. Plus if they do replace Kami and start to make their design a little more original with time then the site will become a true result of their efforts. So as long as that ass from earlier doesn't come back lets stop with the hate shall we?

I agree with this to a point, but the biggest problem is the staff from the old is creating a new site and that means they are gleaming a possible community that should be elsewhere. However, in all honesty I am not angry about this. If only they understood the sheer amount of work we did in the background then they would understand that, when the site is made by us, they cannot compete unless they are seriously dedicated. I have seen sites come and go, and more importantly I have seen content providers (uploaders) come and go as well. I know this old story all too well. I wish them luck but, obviously, I won't be joining their community.

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum