JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any opinions on fire emblem?

+4
Kusanagi
Phi
Deathfire123
Shogun13
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any opinions on fire emblem? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any opinions on fire emblem?

Post by Haar119 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 am

Gameplay-wise, my favorite Fire Emblem game is most likely Radiant Dawn, despite it being a little easy if you know what you're doing. Of course, I'm also finding Gaiden to be pretty fun. Story-wise, my favorite is Sacred Stones. Not sure why, but I just connected better with the characters in that one.

Not really that interested in buying a 3DS any time soon, but I do want to play Awakening, so I may have to finally break down and get one.

Now, as for my thoughts on the series as a whole, I suppose that I am fairly into it. I watched the OVA and I've read some of the various manga series based on it.
Haar119
Haar119
Academy Student

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Haar119 wrote:Gameplay-wise, my favorite Fire Emblem game is most likely Radiant Dawn, despite it being a little easy if you know what you're doing. Of course, I'm also finding Gaiden to be pretty fun. Story-wise, my favorite is Sacred Stones. Not sure why, but I just connected better with the characters in that one.

Not really that interested in buying a 3DS any time soon, but I do want to play Awakening, so I may have to finally break down and get one.

Now, as for my thoughts on the series as a whole, I suppose that I am fairly into it. I watched the OVA and I've read some of the various manga series based on it.

Am I the only person in the world that actually felt like the OVA had something good going?
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Haar119 Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Doomguy wrote:Am I the only person in the world that actually felt like the OVA had something good going?

No, I actually enjoyed it to some extent. Nothing special, but I would've liked to see a full animated adaptation of the first game. If Nintendo didn't make it an OVA, and instead released it as a TV series, I think it may have done slightly better. No guarantee of that, of course, but I digress.
Haar119
Haar119
Academy Student

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 am

For those who don't have a 3ds and are thinking about getting one to play this game.
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
It's a 3ds with the game installed and a neat symbol on the front with a royal blue console. It's really neat looking to me.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 pm

I haven't gotten my copy yet. There was a screw up and my GameStop didn't get enough copies T_T
I want to play it so badly!
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Male Posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:42 am

I have no money. However my nephew has money (no sense I know), and he likes his 3ds games and rpgs in general. With a little "help" from his uncle I'll introduce him to the fire emblem series. This game looks like the perfect starter game for Fire Emblem.

Also GameStop....It's all about certain stores. The one closest to me is staffed by a bunch of morons. Another one a little further away is much more prompt and well maintained. I must be one of the lucky ones Smile
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Mine is good, I work there. One of the developing parties screwed up, not so much GameStop
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:32 pm

I was tossing up between preordering this or Soul Hackers. Chose the latter. Any opinions on the game so far?

Oh, and those in Europe (PAL regions too?) will be getting a special Awakening 3DS XL. It's got the same design that Japan and North America got.

https://i.imgur.com/zdIBmN3.jpg
Phi
Phi

Male Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:24 pm

I found out that they only got enough for preorders and one of them sold it to someone. Kinda more pissed about it now.
I also didn't realize there was gonna be a limited time DLC and I may have missed it. I need to see if it exists on the Nintendo shop.
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:54 pm

My one is trapped in the post office because Emory mail room sucks massive dick in their Saturday mailroom sucks.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm

I finally got my copy today!
Has anyone tried the DLC yet? There was free one when I looked over the weekend.
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:23 pm

What do you guys think of this reclass? I was reading about it and people are saying promote at 10 or 15, then when you hit 10 after promoting you reclass to increase the skills and stats.
Not sure on how often to do this and what not, but yeah, thoughts?
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:28 pm

Vapen wrote:What do you guys think of this reclass? I was reading about it and people are saying promote at 10 or 15, then when you hit 10 after promoting you reclass to increase the skills and stats.

Unless they changed the stats system for the new game re-classing won't effect a character's growth rates. In all of the previous titles a character's stat growth rates were attached to them specifically and individually. Maybe they did change it though, only one other English release had re-classing.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Colme wrote:
Vapen wrote:What do you guys think of this reclass? I was reading about it and people are saying promote at 10 or 15, then when you hit 10 after promoting you reclass to increase the skills and stats.

Unless they changed the stats system for the new game re-classing won't effect a character's growth rates. In all of the previous titles a character's stat growth rates were attached to them specifically and individually. Maybe they did change it though, only one other English release had re-classing.

I actually reclassed my character back down to lvl 1. Kept all stats, just getting stronger.

Also, I have a S support ready, not sure if I want to do it. It's Lon'qu and Miriel.
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 am

Vapen wrote:I actually reclassed my character back down to lvl 1. Kept all stats, just getting stronger.

You can reclass to level 1?

(I don't have the new one, I am broke and have no free time)
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 am

Colme wrote:
Vapen wrote:I actually reclassed my character back down to lvl 1. Kept all stats, just getting stronger.

You can reclass to level 1?

(I don't have the new one, I am broke and have no free time)

Yeah, so you don't have to pick a different class.
I did read some comments from other players that said if you do actually change classes, your stats will be altered. Like if reclass a mage to a fighter, your mag will drop, but your str will increase.
I figured there was no real point in reclassing to a different class, just to get all the different classes, since there are so many dlc characters from the previous games.
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 am

Vapen wrote:Yeah, so you don't have to pick a different class.
I did read some comments from other players that said if you do actually change classes, your stats will be altered. Like if reclass a mage to a fighter, your mag will drop, but your str will increase.
I figured there was no real point in reclassing to a different class, just to get all the different classes, since there are so many dlc characters from the previous games.

So you can just keep reclassing to level 1 to max out all your stats?
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:54 pm

Pretty much, but then some stats may not max out on certain units because it'd take so much longer.
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:26 am

Okay I finally got to play the game a ton, and now I can make meaningful conversation.

Reclassing changes your growth rates a bit. Characters have base stat growths on top of them. Characters also have base stats that are increased per level, and then they have the stat class bonuses while they are using that class. You can notice these bonuses when you promote to an advanced class, and they are not permanent. So it's possible to lose stats by reclassing, but you can gain it back by switching back to the previous class.

You lose levels when you reclass, but you do not lose stats. So yes, you can level indefinitely and max out all your stats (stat caps are determined by character and class). But there is an internal level your character has, and the higher the level, the less experience you get. Your weapon mastery is hidden, but you keep it if you move back to a class that can play that weapon. Reclassing and promoting classes does not increase weapon mastery.

You can only reclass at at least level 10 "base" class (Myrmidon, Knight, Cavalier, etc.). You can reclass anytime in an advanced class, but only after level 10 advanced can you reclass to an advanced class. Base classes gain more experience, but your internal level is still the same, so a guy who levels to 20 base and then 10 advanced will get the same experience as a guy who leveled 10 base and 20 advanced. Base classes also have lower stat caps.

Since stats will inevitably be maxed and classes can be changed at virtually any time, investing into stat growths for the late game is somewhat trivial. The biggest advantage to reclassing is getting more skills. You can have 5 skills on at a time for each character, and the rest can be saved; skills are not like items like in Path of Radiance, so they do not carry over between characters. Base classes get skills at level 1 and level 10, and advanced classes get them at levels 5 and 15. Yes, this means some pretty crazy combinations.

This is especially true with the children system. If you have two characters that are married (S-level support), they can get a child. Children's growth rates are divided into half of their own unique rate and half determined by the average of their parents... or something. The last skill of each parent is also inherited.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapen Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Yeah, I seemed to have fully maxed out my tactician, I just need to pick what to class her as so I can gain another skill.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda hesitant at reclassing. Don't know why when I can just reclass again to the class they were.
Vapen
Vapen
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2