JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood.

+9
plantkingman
JakDark
Natsu Dragneel
Androgynous
theboneking
ladyalchemist85
Sanji Wolfwood
MiniSiets
L3GION
13 posters

Go down

Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood. Empty Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood.

Post by L3GION Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:23 am

Which is your favorite between FMA and FMAB and why?
I definitely enjoyed FMAB better. It made more sense, had better pacing, and the ending definitely far exceeded its predecessor.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood. Empty Re: Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood.

Post by MiniSiets Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:07 am

Ironic, because I thought the original series made more sense, had better pacing, and a superior ending. But most importantly the story was far more mature and not just typical shounen schlock. About the only thing I can say Brotherhood improved on was the production values. Everything else of actual substance I felt the original series did better and I was overall disappointed by Brotherhood.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:53 am

I liked Brotherhood better. As I'm pretty tired, I'm not going to start going in-depth about why I prefer it to the original, and when/if I do it will probably receive a TL;DR reaction, but for now I'll give out a few bullet points of what I like about both series over the other . . .

I. Much more mature; darker in tone; etc.
II. Better, consistent (keyword here) pacing.
III. Better OST.
IV. Lust, Hughes, & others are much better characters. Hughes being my favorite even.
V. The first twenty five episodes in general. Seriously, those episodes > every episode in Brotherhood.

Brotherhood
I. Better resolution of the plot(s).
II. Better world building.
III. Better animation (duh).
IV. Much more bad-ass moments.
V. The cast in general. I love how vast it is, I really love how the focus isn't on the Elric brothers the vast majority of the time like in the original. Makes the main plot seem all the more important and much more grandiose. Several of the characters not present in the original version are some of my favorite in the FMA franchise (Olivier Mira Armstrong and Ling Yao being prime examples). Also preferred several characters better in this version. Scar and Kimblee are the prime examples here. Although much more are exist, several even just because they are getting much more screen time and dedication to them in the plot.

There are more I can go on about, but I touched on most, even if they didn't get their own number.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyalchemist85 Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 am

I have watched both so many times... Hard for me to pick one over the other... I would have to choose Brotherhood over the Original... But the Original still holds a place in my heart as the first anime series I watched dubbed... until then I was a subbed only girl.

The Original story line was awesome, and of course I loved the Miniskirt and Black Hayate episodes found only in the original. Hughes is in more episodes in the Original... another reason I love it so much...

Brotherhood closed the story better for me... The ending wasn't everything I wanted... but it gave closure better than the original for me. So I guess that is why I re watch it more than the original...

FMA was the anime that got me into looking into anime forums, conventions and actually talking about anime to others... before than I was just a newbie watching anime on youtube.... Now I'm known by most of my Rp forum friends as Gracia Hughes - and have my pic where I'm in my Gracia cosplay hugging Sonny Strait hanging on my wall.... MAES!
ladyalchemist85
ladyalchemist85
Academy Student

Female Posts : 32
The Anime Cafe Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by theboneking Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm

for me it is FMAB because it has a great story better characters and it has a ending that i can under stand
theboneking
theboneking
Academy Student

Male Posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm

MiniSiets wrote:Ironic, because I thought the original series made more sense, had better pacing, and a superior ending. But most importantly the story was far more mature and not just typical shounen schlock. About the only thing I can say Brotherhood improved on was the production values. Everything else of actual substance I felt the original series did better and I was overall disappointed by Brotherhood.
It is ironic, and this is why i asked. Its nice to share opinions, especially when they differ. Helps us all better love our favorites. king
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Androgynous Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:14 pm

gd brotherhood cause winry at end ed lyke her
Androgynous
Androgynous
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsu Dragneel Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:58 pm

I like Brotherhood more because more sense, more story, more characters, better animation, more episodes, and epic battles
Natsu Dragneel
Natsu Dragneel
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 743
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by JakDark Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 am

I'm not real big on the show, or most of the shows that end up on this new wannabe Toonami. But from what I've seen of the two, I have to say the latter series trys too hard, making it lesser in personality. It feels like it wants to be an evolved form of itself, but doesn't live up to its own expectations and instead settled with what it could have been.
JakDark
JakDark
Academy Student

Male Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Both were pretty good to me. But if I had to choose between the two I'd say Brotherhood because it sticks closer to the manga than the first one did.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by bedheadred Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:11 pm

I preferred the original. The characters had so much more personality and were less shounen-y. The story made sense to me and had some comedic moments.

I thought the animation in FMAB was shaky. I also feel they crammed too many characters into the story and didn't develop any of them. I will concede that the fights in FMAB were more exciting.
bedheadred
bedheadred
Adjuchas

Female Posts : 426
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BoredomARISEN Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 am

the original had some epic moments like the ending with mustang and bradley
how ever i did like the plot of brotherhood better
BoredomARISEN
BoredomARISEN
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Safko Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:46 pm

The ending for Brotherhood is so cute ahhhh..
Safko
Safko
Bronze Saint

Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:02 pm

ladyalchemist85 wrote:I have watched both so many times... Hard for me to pick one over the other... I would have to choose Brotherhood over the Original... But the Original still holds a place in my heart as the first anime series I watched dubbed... until then I was a subbed only girl.

The Original story line was awesome, and of course I loved the Miniskirt and Black Hayate episodes found only in the original. Hughes is in more episodes in the Original... another reason I love it so much...

Brotherhood closed the story better for me... The ending wasn't everything I wanted... but it gave closure better than the original for me. So I guess that is why I re watch it more than the original...

FMA was the anime that got me into looking into anime forums, conventions and actually talking about anime to others... before than I was just a newbie watching anime on youtube.... Now I'm known by most of my Rp forum friends as Gracia Hughes - and have my pic where I'm in my Gracia cosplay hugging Sonny Strait hanging on my wall.... MAES!

I liked Hughes too. I wasn't happy when he got killed. Sad
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Original FMA because... Mustang. xD
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanji Wolfwood Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:44 am

Tsuyushi wrote:Original FMA because... Mustang. xD

Considering Mustang is given more screen time, focus, and plays a much bigger role in Brotherhood, this comment has me thoroughly confused.
Sanji Wolfwood
Sanji Wolfwood
Lab Member

Male Posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Sanji Wolfwood wrote:

Considering Mustang is given more screen time, focus, and plays a much bigger role in Brotherhood, this comment has me thoroughly confused.
He's probably referring to the tiny miniskirts scene, but regardless I think your statement is disputable. Mustang played a huge role in the original series and was there right up to the final episodes orchestrating the coup and fighting the Fuhrer himself. I don't know how you could say he played any less of a role in the original series than he did in Brotherhood.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Sanji Wolfwood wrote:

I liked mustang more in the original.
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down