JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"?

+5
plantkingman
Blazer
Yuki Terumi
MiniSiets
Doomguy
9 posters

Go down

Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? Empty Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"?

Post by Doomguy Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 pm

They don't really make movies like this anymore do they? I suppose special mention goes to Space Jam. Now while you excuse me I'm going to take a trip down memory lane and find my recorded video tape and reconnect my VCR. (Or use the internet......yeah might be a better plan Wink )
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? Empty Re: Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"?

Post by MiniSiets Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Ironically I saw this movie way after Space Jam and had no idea it even existed until I came across it on TV one day. My reaction was a combination of "WTF" and "Wow this is awesome." XD
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? Empty Re: Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"?

Post by Yuki Terumi Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Bob Hoskins was great in it. Though, we all know who was the most iconic character in that film.

Anyone seen "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"? Jessica_rabbit
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 pm

It's a classic...type in roger rabbit into google search and you wont get that much roger rabbit...shows the impact certain characters had on the show lol. not to mention the audience..
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm

I did, and its strange.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm

"So tell me Eddy, is that a rabbit in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

Me as a kid - "Yeah Roger went in his pants!" :childish laughter:
Me as a adult - "WOW! Now I get it!"

Also when photos are taken of Jessica Rabbit playing "patty cake" (The child game) with Marvin Acme. Of course in the real world "patty cake" would be replaced with something far more...vulgar Twisted Evil
Nice one on the producers I see what they did there now.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:34 am

i agree with doom guy, there was alot in that movie i get now that im older, hahaha

but yea, amazing movie, anyone ever play the...NES? game?
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:32 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:i agree with doom guy, there was alot in that movie i get now that im older, hahaha

but yea, amazing movie, anyone ever play the...NES? game?

I remember that game. It was terrible but as a kid it's not like I knew any better Twisted Evil . In fact I do remember playing it a whole lot but I never got any further then toon town after blowing up the brick wall. I pretty much spent the entire time picking fights with that weasel that shows up leaving a building.

Also driving around town in the car and "deliberately" starting epic car chases with the weasel car was addicting and led to some funny moments of them taking wrong turns or at best me chasing them Twisted Evil .
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 pm

i think ill get it form my phone android emulator
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 pm

I've seen this movie many times, I even had it on VHS but gave it away recently since I hardly ever watch anime anymore and I doubt I'll ever watch it again and if I ever do there's always the internet. Wink

I got the patty cake but that other joke that doomed mentioned I never got till now. Then again I was a lot younger when I saw it last so yeah. Razz
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:43 am

Ahh this movie.
I remember I had the biggest crush on Jessica Rabbit.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:07 am

This film is shown nearly every year on British TV, it is a classic! I love all the innuendo and adult humour spread though out. Oh and Hoskins is fantastic.
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:58 am

Yeah it really is a shame they don't make movies like this any more. Makes me wonder why since it'll pull in big amounts of $.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Animated movies in general have gone by the wayside when it comes to Hollywood. Only CG stuff gets through. I think part of the problem was that there was a slew of poorly-marketed ones that performed badly during the early 2000s and now producers think it's no longer profitable anymore, but The Lion King 3D says otherwise considering it was at the top of the box office for a while and it's just a re-release. People will spend the money if you make a good movie and you market it right.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum