JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Saturdays: Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

+3
MiniSiets
Sir Maddy
Sporadic
7 posters

Go down

Anime Saturdays: Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Empty Anime Saturdays: Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

Post by Sporadic Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:36 am

Remember, even if you didn't watch this with the group you're still able to discuss it here with us. Only one of the Eva 2 hypers showed up to watch it. Most of the people who hyped it up didn't even show up. A little disappointing.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Anime Saturdays: Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Empty Re: Anime Saturdays: Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

Post by Sir Maddy Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:30 am

I'm sorry.
I was at a study session with my friends.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Anime Saturdays: Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance Empty Re: Anime Saturdays: Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance

Post by MiniSiets Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 am

Something always seems to come up to make me miss Anime Saturdays. I will still watch this and give my thoughts on it though (along with Disappearance of Haruhi) when I get the chance.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 am

Did not like this movie either. But i just cant get into mecha.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:39 am

I saw the movie quite some time ago, and I still find it annoying and stupid.
Bet money that they will end up throwing most of the shit they did in the 2 movies away and go their own direction..... like how they did in this a bit.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:54 am

Valvatorez wrote:
Bet money that they will end up throwing most of the shit they did in the 2 movies away and go their own direction..... like how they did in this a bit.

I heard Asuka makes her appearance in this.
That leads me to my next question.
Did you see boobs?
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 am

Sir Maddy wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Did you see boobs?

Not a single boob was given. Good that I watched Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls after it...

The movie was bad. Bad in MAL is 4, so I give it 4/10. I'll be honest, the 2nd one was better, but still bad. Time wasting.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:43 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Did you see boobs?

Not a single boob was given. Good that I watched Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls after it...

The movie was bad. Bad in MAL is 4, so I give it 4/10. I'll be honest, the 2nd one was better, but still bad. Time wasting.

Actually a single boob was given. Just the one though.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Great... And I missed it -.-
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Sir Maddy wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Did you see boobs?
Yeah, a censored one. I hate it when they do that crap. Any censoring I mean. It was censored in the TV series and when they redid it in the movie (Both the 2.0 & 2.22) they censored it despite both movies coming from a DVD. -_-
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 am

Alright I finally got caught up. Haruhi started out really slow but once it got going it was very good; provided that you've seen the series first. Also, most beautiful walking animations I've ever seen. Seriously, they're so smooth. Weird that they spent so much budget on that. Could have really afforded to trim some scenes down instead with all that needless walking seeing as the movie clocks in at two and a half hours.

As for Eva, as a mecha fan I don't get this series' appeal. I think part of the problem is I just don't understand it and it never bothers to explain any context. Why do these angels keep appearing? Third impact? What about the first two? They have yet to even explain those. Unit 1 transforms into this transcendent energy being-thing which is somehow linked to the end of the world? What? Also overuse of CG made some of the action scenes look bad. Despite all that, I was at least feeling the tension towards the end because I really wanted to see Rei come back; one of the few likeable characters. It was overall decent, but does not live up to the hype and I don't think I'll be voting for any future Eva movies from here on out. I've given it enough chances.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:11 pm

Hehehe Well Okabe the TV series took forever to explain and even then the ending it had was where it truly was confusing. But at least they explained it all by the end except what was up with the TV series' ending. I think the only way to explain that ending is by what the creator was going through, he wanted to relay the message and well, that ended up not making sense with the story but that aside most if not all was explained. As for the movies Okabe, I'm sure it'll explain it all near the end like it did with the TV series.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum