JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

+2
MiniSiets
The7thSeal
6 posters

Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Empty Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Post by The7thSeal Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:05 pm

This looks really good. Says it's for current gen...Who thinks that's utter crap?
The7thSeal
The7thSeal
Gillian

Male Posts : 96
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Post by MiniSiets Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:11 pm

Because we haven't had enough Metal Gear yet.

Kojima: "I don't want my legacy to only be Metal Gear."
*announces a new Metal Gear*
Kojima: "I don't want my legacy to only be Metal Gear."
Kojima: "Seriously guys, for real this time. I don't want my legacy to only be Metal Gear."

Bring on ZOE3 already you silly guy.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Empty Re: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Post by Imagination Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm

I'm looking forward to the MGS5. Re-vengeance wasn't something I was too fond of but i'm sure it was a good game (despite hack and slash for MGS series). But all the side games like peace walker and stuff were so good so I hope the new MGS5 is going to be just as great if not better.
Imagination
Imagination
Lab Member

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 pm

So I take it this is the new name for MGS Ground Zeroes? If so, good, because that was a silly sounding name before.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleb_K Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:14 pm

MiniSiets wrote:So I take it this is the new name for MGS Ground Zeroes? If so, good, because that was a silly sounding name before.

I think this is supposed to be separate from Ground Zeroes, I may be wrong, but I read in gameinformer that Konami was tight lipped about this game when the first trailer was released, plus the reveal came a while after Ground Zeroes. That's just my guess, but I think MGS is almost done completely, because it would be too much of a turn around even for the Metal Gear series to bring back snake after the ending in MGS4. I think they are just trying to pump out a few games while the series still has life, I just hope it doesn't turn into a trending cash cow like Splinter Cell has, this series has been one of my favorites since I was Eight, and it would devastate me to see a series that has stood this long with it's integrity intact to become a game that is strictly linear, with an on rails feel. THat being said, this game and Ground Zeroes (whether the same game or not) look incredible.
Kaleb_K
Kaleb_K
Gillian

Male Posts : 86
Cooking Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:36 pm

I don't even....
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:02 am

Different games. Ground Zeroes is the prologue to Phantom Pain (which is MGS V). Snake is apparently in a coma for 9 years between the two.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/27/the-phantom-pain-and-metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-are-two-separate-games/

Not too terribly disappointed that it will be on current gen consoles.

As for Kojima wanting to work on new IPs, here is his quote.

“I’m often misinterpreted,” Kojima feels. “I’ve always said that I want to work on original properties, but Metal Gear offers plenty of benefits. The Fox Engine, for example, took a lot of time and money [to create]; we were only able to develop it because it was intended for the next Metal Gear.”

Kojima also adds: “In the next game, I’m introducing concepts intended for entirely new intellectual properties using the Metal Gear brand.”

Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 am

Snake should be a cyborg now, but instead of a sword and electricity, a huge fricken ion canon on his back.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:31 pm

Speaking of the FOX Engine....

A or B (i still think its pretty obvious, but still looks great)
Spoiler:
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down