JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bioshock Infinite

+8
sulc84
Crazy Potato
DemonEyesJoe
Colme
MiniSiets
Sniper_b8
watermonkey319
Shadow_Links
12 posters

Go down

Bioshock Infinite Empty Bioshock Infinite

Post by Shadow_Links Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Releasing before too long on 3/26!

Got a pre-order on this from gamestop, but decided against the premium with the season pass and the shotgun upgrade. Anyone else getting it?
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Bioshock Infinite Empty Re: Bioshock Infinite

Post by watermonkey319 Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Yep. My most anticipated game of the Ever.

Definitely considering the season pass like the mindless consumer I am.

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Male Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Sniper_b8 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:00 am

Yes. Eventually. I haven't dropped $60 on a game in a LONG time.
College + forced cut work hours = me poor.
Sniper_b8
Sniper_b8
Academy Student

Male Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:52 am

well....not going to any midnight release and i have class until ~ 4 tomorrow soooo Ill let yall know how it is later that night.
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:36 am

I'll probably be playing this to see what all the buzz is about. I skipped over the first BioShock for a number of reasons but the setting looks interesting in this one and gotta admit they did a good job with Elizabeth's character design, so it has caught my attention. I don't like the over-saturation of shooters these days but it at least attempts to take the genre in somewhat of a different direction so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:54 am

MiniSiets wrote:I'll probably be playing this to see what all the buzz is about. I skipped over the first BioShock for a number of reasons but the setting looks interesting in this one and gotta admit they did a good job with Elizabeth's character design, so it has caught my attention. I don't like the over-saturation of shooters these days but it at least attempts to take the genre in somewhat of a different direction so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

I skipped over Bioshock too but I was always intrigued by the apparent Randian inspiration for the game's themes.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:58 pm

DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:19 am

Enjoying it. Not to the same rate as the original Bioshock, but that may be due the combination of putting it on a way too high pedestal and my own personal hype. Didn't really get a feeling of originality until Liz showed up. I'm really, REALLY, enjoying her character, from a story standpoint as well as a gameplay mechanic.

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:29 am

Colme wrote:I skipped over Bioshock too but I was always intrigued by the apparent Randian inspiration for the game's themes.
Same.

DemonEyesJoe wrote:
Adam Sessler still does his own reviews? Interesting.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:15 am

MiniSiets wrote:
Colme wrote:I skipped over Bioshock too but I was always intrigued by the apparent Randian inspiration for the game's themes.
Same.

DemonEyesJoe wrote:
Adam Sessler still does his own reviews? Interesting.

He works for Rev3 games now.

Interesting choice of words though. During the later years of Xplay I remember hearing of him and Webb admitted to just VO'ing the game reviews.

I'm usually on the fence when it comes to Sessler's reviews though. I like him as a journalist, but when it comes to criticism I think he's too in love with games as an art for me to relate and overall take value in his reviews.

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:51 am

Yeah I can definitely see that. Sessler can get so wrapped up in his own emotions sometimes that he'll completely glaze over flaws, and while that's great that he's in love with something, as a critic it's his job to inform us of the whole picture. I remember completely disagreeing with his review of Halo: Reach. I'm still wondering what alternate universe version of the game he played, rambling on about how he felt this personal connection to Noble team and how you had to rely on your squad and work as a team. Are you kidding me? Reach's campaign was the most bland one I had played in the entire series.

I still love the guy though. I just can't take his opinions seriously once he gets into gushing fanboy mode.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crazy Potato Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:49 am

Half way through this game and it's amazing! Once I'm done might have to do a review....
Crazy Potato
Crazy Potato
Designer
Designer

Male Posts : 278
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:12 am

MiniSiets wrote:Yeah I can definitely see that. Sessler can get so wrapped up in his own emotions sometimes that he'll completely glaze over flaws, and while that's great that he's in love with something, as a critic it's his job to inform us of the whole picture. I remember completely disagreeing with his review of Halo: Reach. I'm still wondering what alternate universe version of the game he played, rambling on about how he felt this personal connection to Noble team and how you had to rely on your squad and work as a team. Are you kidding me? Reach's campaign was the most bland one I had played in the entire series.

I still love the guy though. I just can't take his opinions seriously once he gets into gushing fanboy mode.

Exactly how I feel.

He just did a review on the new Gears game an commented that the characters were one of his favorite parts of the game.

I'm all for everyone having different opinions, but even when I was a Gears fanboy, I'd have had to dig pretty deep to be able to emotionally connect with anything that game shat out in terms of story.

Reach was supposed to be more of an military film rather than a space opera, and Noble team's emotionlessness was justified by the fact that all spartan IIIs were basically trained so hard they were emotionally desensitized blahblahblah

-I agree, I don't care if the flaws were canonically correct, it's like ending Star Wars with Full Metal Jacket.

Oh, and just in case anyone thinking of stepping into the Bioshock series now, you don't need to worry about being caught up in the story. This actually predates the original in story, and unless there's some side references to Andrew Ryan or the development of Rapture that I missed or didn't get to you (and I'm sure there's probably at least one), there isn't any connection to Bioshock 1's story at all besides maybe the Big Daddy/Little Sister-like relationship between Songbird and Liz.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a universal deal, but my copy came with a digital version of Bioshock 1 free of charge.

I know gamefly had a deal that if you "preload" (not exactly sure what that means) Infinite with them then you get both Bioshock 1 and 2 along with Xcom: Enemy Unknown and one of its dlc's for free or something.

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:32 pm

there was ALOT of pre-order deals for this game, 90% of them included Bio1 and Xcom + other stuff depending on where you bought it

steam gave tf2 items (a handful of them too)
GMG gave 15$ credit and another game of choice

also, its becasue of adam sessler that i have learned to appreciate games as art and really feel them, hes the reason i play several games on easy mode rather than trying to jump into the hardest mode
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Gotta say i've enjoyed it so far. There is a lot of depth to just about ever aspect of the game. combat/level design/back story/politics.

only complaints so far have been for a while i didn't know when enemies were going to shoot me or ignore me if i walked in front of them and finding enough darn lockpicks.

Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by sulc84 Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:09 pm

my graphic is weak for bioshock infinite ,amd 5670 ,medium only
sulc84
sulc84
Academy Student

Male Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 am

I am playing through it right now, and it honestly feels VERY different to Bioshock 1&2. I know it's not in the ocean and stuff, but the thing that was different was the mood. Bioshock 1&2 had that dark & depressing mood, and sadness. So far in this one, right now where I am at, it feels like a mind rape, and it doesnt feel dark and depressing. I do like the freedom in combat, but it's still eh. Hopefully it gets much more interesting as time goes on.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:44 pm

about half way through it now myself its pretty good so far run into a few bugs that made me restart from checkpoint but thats only a minor annoyance
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Wampa wrote:about half way through it now myself its pretty good so far run into a few bugs that made me restart from checkpoint but thats only a minor annoyance

I just kept getting stuck. Also one time an enemy wouldnt die and i couldnt lockpick, the only times i had to restart.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:06 pm

yea same here the game said i couldnt pick a few locks cause i was in combat but for the life of me i couldnt find any enemies around idk where everyone is so i'm gonna put this in spoiler
Spoiler:
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:32 am

Playing through this game right now and so far it's pretty damn awesome. I am impressed as someone who is very tired of first person shooters.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Terumi Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 am

Just finished my second playthrough in which I made sure to find every audio log and any other piece of exposition I may have missed. There's definitely a lot of value in collecting them. They explained a few things I didn't understand previously. While there isn't really anything that's missing an explanation, I feel like certain things could be explored more thoroughly. Hopefully the DLC can do just that.

I'm now going to give the infamous 1999 mode a playthrough, before I see to giving my full thoughts on the game. The original Bioshock became pretty different in terms of it's gameplay when you were playing on the hardest difficulty. Though I never much liked that because it forced you in most cases to abuse certain powers. I'll see how much of that is apparent in Infinite when I go back.
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

Male Posts : 161
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuki Terumi Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Well, I finished 1999 mode. It was similar to the first game in that the hardest difficulty wasn't really difficult, but it was challenging. Now that I've done everything there is to do in that game, I may write up my full thoughts on the entire experience. Later though. For now I'm going to sit on it.
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down