JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece and Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

+7
Natsuru-san
DemonEyesJoe
watermonkey319
DubAnimeLover
Metazoxan
Shogun13
Sporadic
11 posters

Go down

One Piece and Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block Empty One Piece and Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Post by Sporadic Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Toonami has confirmed that the One Piece anime will run on Adult Swim's Toonami block. A premiere date is slated for sometime this year. The announcement was made at Toonami's question-and-answer panel at Atlanta's MomoCon on Sunday.

Funimation's dub of the series previously ran on Cartoon Network's earlier version of the Toonami block from 2007 to 2008 after 4Kids' adaptation ended. Funimation has been streaming English-subtitled episodes as they aired in Japan since 2009.

Adult Swim's Toonami block in the United States will premiere the Evangelion 1.11 cut of the Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone film next Sunday. The announcement was first made at Toonami's question-and-answer panel at Atlanta's MomoCon event on Sunday. The showing will air at 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, March 17 as part of the "Toonami Birthday Party" lineup.

Funimation licensed the film in 2007 and ran a series of North American screenings in 2009.

Toonami also revealed the new design for Tom 5, the programming block's host. The newly designed Tom will debut in April.

Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

One Piece and Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block Empty Re: One Piece and Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Post by Shogun13 Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:39 pm

I have informed the one person who I know would care that the one show that he loves the most is coming and he could have been at that con. I phrased it like a death in the family :p.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

One Piece and Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block Empty Re: One Piece and Evangelion 1.11 to Run on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Post by Metazoxan Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Good to see the new Toonami block is doing well. I'd support it with my viewing if I had tv. The new Tom looks good to. More like the old one and not that ugly ass thing with the eyes. So it is good to see they learned from past mistakes and didn't try something like that again.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DubAnimeLover Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:39 pm

You mean Adult Swim are ACTUALLY making good decisions for once?

Oh my god... I think I'm going to have a heart attack. Seriously...

Good job.

Keep it up. If you don't... you'll hear from the likes of me.

Twisted Evil
DubAnimeLover
DubAnimeLover
Academy Student

Male Posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:58 am

One Piece on air means faster dubs.

My dream of english Enies Lobby just got much more horizon...-y.

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Male Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 am

AWWW shit, toonami is getting real now
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Can someone tell me how Eva 1.11 is ANY different from the 1.0 movie and if it's a movie like 1.0 is? I saw a tailer for it and other than HD possibly I don't see ANY differance at all.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Can someone tell me how Eva 1.11 is ANY different from the 1.0 movie and if it's a movie like 1.0 is? I saw a tailer for it and other than HD possibly I don't see ANY differance at all.

It's an edited version from what I read. Not quite sure what specifically though.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:36 pm

K and thanks.

Well if anyone does know what was edited please let me know.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 pm

Am I the only one that dislikes Bleach?
Just saying, not that great. Better than that Tenchi shit though.

It'll be cool to see One Piece on there though

Last edited by Tsuyushi on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Tsuyushi wrote:Am I the only one that dislikes Bleach?

scratch what does that have to do with this thread?
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Bato wrote:

Toonami, Bleach, you know.
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:29 pm

Not rly as we dont have toonami in Holland
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Tsuyushi wrote:
Bato wrote:

Toonami, Bleach, you know.

I am a pretty little girl. ~done with wampa, pksm3, Valvatorez, Natsuru-san, Bato

What's that supposed to mean lol?
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:12 am

Ovyda wrote:I am a pretty little girl.

I've always known XDDD
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 pm

Umm am I the ONLY ONE who is lost here? o_O I can't make sense of this thread now. o_O

EDIT: Poor Ovyda. I shoulda known it was a dare that made him say that. Now everything in this thread makes sense again.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 am

Damn. Should have read this thread first, before assuming it failed to record the shows. I thought my DirecTV HD-DVR screwed up and forgot to record it. I know I had a problem with it not recording the first episode of Soul Eater due to a settings issue.

I'll be keeping an eye on the One Piece showing though, I never did get to finish it the first time I aired. I'm so glad they're slowly getting some of the classics back on air.

I detest Cowboy Bebop. That crap needs to go away. It's been ran so many times, that instead of liking it the first 2 complete showings, I have grown to hate it after its 6th, 7th... 8th, ... 1 Millionth? showing.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum