JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony PS4 Used Game Confusion

+2
Metazoxan
BK-201
6 posters

Go down

Sony PS4 Used Game Confusion Empty Sony PS4 Used Game Confusion

Post by BK-201 Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:24 am

Sony Doesn’t Know Whether its PS4 Will Play Used Games or Not

Gary Cutlack - Gizmodo

As well as not really knowing when it’s going to come out in most bits of the world, Sony also seems to be unsure of how to answer the tricky question of whether PS4 contains any form of system to block the playing and installation of pre-owned games.

Speaking to NowGamer, Sony Europe’s MD Fergal Gara said: “The answer to the pre-owned question isn’t clarified just yet and we’re working through that and we’ll announce our position in more detail as and when we can.”

Meanwhile, is a separate interview with the gaming press, Sony’s VP of Worldwide Studios Michael Denny was equally vague on the matter of a used games block, saying: “It’s a massively important issue and I understand why it’s one that keeps coming up and will keep coming up, because people want to know what the exact stance is. In relation to points like that, of course we’re mindful of what the game development community wants and what the wider industry issues are with those things. I think in good time that will become clearer.”

“In good time that will become clearer” is a pretty useless answer. If the answer was “no ban” it would be much easier for all these shifty execs to say “there’s no ban” than to continue padding and flailing about pretending it doesn’t know or hasn’t decided yet. Sounds like there’s something big Sony wants to keep hidden here, or it’s waiting to see if Microsoft goes ahead with its own rumoured next-gen pre-owed games ban first.

And, lest we forget (we did just forget), Sony’s Worldwide Studio boss Shuhei Yoshida previously said there won’t be a ban. Maybe be ought to CC more of his mates into his emails. [Ars via CVG]

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/02/sony-doesnt-know-whether-its-ps4-will-play-used-games-or-not/

Come on Sony, get your shit together!
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Sony PS4 Used Game Confusion Empty Re: Sony PS4 Used Game Confusion

Post by Metazoxan Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 am

what seriously? We breath a sigh of relief that the rumors really were just rumors and they already mess that up? Get a clue guys no one wants this feature! Some might stick with you but a lot of others will drop you. I know I definitely will. Not buying the ps4 if I can't get used games.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcmac Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:40 pm

I know Vita has some funky stuff with used games, but they still work. Maybe this is why more info is needed. Which would still kinda suck, but as long as I can buy used games I'll buy the PS4.
Dcmac
Dcmac
Gillian

Male Posts : 74
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuyushi Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:44 pm

I still trust what Shuhei said because Shuhei is the greatest man in the world. #TrueFactsBro
Tsuyushi
Tsuyushi
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 175
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by vladiris Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:10 am

what you mean by used games ? games from ps3 ?
vladiris
vladiris
Lab Member

Male Posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by The7thSeal Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 am

No, they mean second hand games for the PS4. A lot of people don't buy games as soon as they come out, and mostly by used.
The7thSeal
The7thSeal
Gillian

Male Posts : 96
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum