JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Star Wars movies

+6
MiniSiets
Blazer
LunarLexal
plantkingman
Bato
Doomguy
10 posters

Go down

The Star Wars movies Empty The Star Wars movies

Post by Doomguy Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:51 pm

I won't lie, I like the original trilogies a whole lot. That's not to say the newer one were bad though. My favorite Star Wars movie is "The Empire Strikes Back". The battle of Hoth is great and the showdown between Luke and Vader is unforgettable. This is one of my favorite movies ever.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars movies Empty Re: The Star Wars movies

Post by Bato Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 pm

I love all 6 of them. I hate how their gonna make a 7th movie now though Sad
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:06 pm

I like the original series. I particularly like The Return of the Jedi; enjoy watching the battle in space against the second Death Star.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:26 pm

Bato wrote:I love all 6 of them. I hate how their gonna make a 7th movie now though Sad

Same here, I like all six of them. I was only three when the "new" trilogy came out, so I grew up watching all six.

I know, and it'll be from Disney to.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:38 pm

I like all of the Star Wars movies. The original three are the best. The newer ones had good graphics and such, yet they aren't as good. Still great though! I am being both welcoming, yet remaining cautious about Disney buying Star Wars. I will let them have a shot at it. Worse case is it sucks and people get pissed at Disney. Star Wards can not be tarnished in any way since it won't be original Lucasarts material and the 6 are already classics.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:23 am

I prefer the original trilogy, but the new ones are still OK despite having many flaws. I think doing an episode 7 is going in the wrong direction. Return of the Jedi was really a perfect ending for the series and there's no reason to go back and continue it. A much better course of action would be to explore the Old Republic era and make a movie based on the original KOTOR game. Hell, just make an entire trilogy based on KOTOR1. There's enough epic material there that you could split it into 3 movies.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 am

There is a lot offered from the Old Republic and certainly AFTER the original trilogy. The Star Wars Universe is literally a universe. There's so much material in both directions they could do almost anything.

I will give you that EP 7 could be a bad move. All I can do is hope for the best though since I already have 1-6 ;D I'm all set
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:09 am

MiniSiets wrote:I prefer the original trilogy, but the new ones are still OK despite having many flaws. I think doing an episode 7 is going in the wrong direction. Return of the Jedi was really a perfect ending for the series and there's no reason to go back and continue it. A much better course of action would be to explore the Old Republic era and make a movie based on the original KOTOR game. Hell, just make an entire trilogy based on KOTOR1. There's enough epic material there that you could split it into 3 movies.

I mostly agree with you.

But....

There is a whole lot of material in the post ROTJ era.

Remember our talk about outcast.

The Kyle Katarn Series is one of my favs.
Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

Male Posts : 161
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:21 am

Yeah but then it shouldn't be called Episode VII, it should just be something unrelated to the main series because it's kind of a side story more than anything. Also I didn't much care for Jedi Knight's story compared to KOTOR; I mainly just enjoyed it because the jedi combat was the most awesome of any Star Wars game.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 am

Another fan here of the original trilogy, but i also liked the new ones.

Personally I am curious of the storyline they plan on. There is TONS of material in the extended universe. I've actually read over 100 books from all points in the timeline from the early Sith, to the old republic, to the empire, to concurrent stories with the movies, ones immediately after, the new republic, and the new jedi order.

I've heard the Thrawn Trilogy is one of the possibilities.

I'm not too terribly bother with Disney acquiring Lucasarts, they tend to be hands off.
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcmac Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 am

I love the original trilogy. The first prequel is terribad, but two and three are.. tolerable? They aren't bad per se. I do feel like they were too flashy and melodramatic though. I'd say I'm cautiously optimistic about the new trilogy.
Dcmac
Dcmac
Gillian

Male Posts : 74
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow_Links Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 am

I find it interesting reading about all of the stuff for VII. Most of it is hush hush, but some things are falling into place. JJ Abrams as Director (idk about it...), Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back) cowriting Michael Arndt (Toy Story 3, Little Miss Sunshine") and Simon Kinberg (Sherlock Holmes).

Then i found a quote "It's an original story." -Lucasfilm source. My heart dropped. Can they maintain the canon?
Shadow_Links
Shadow_Links
Shinigami

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 pm

I have more faith in Disney as a whole then George Lucas these days. Does that make me a traitor?
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Pando Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Doomguy wrote:I have more faith in Disney as a whole then George Lucas these days. Does that make me a traitor?

Not to me. I'm like you, I'm glad Disney's taking the wheel on this one. Honestly Lucas had nothing more to offer and the last three movies could have been waaaaaay better.

We'll see how it turns out at the end, I'm sure Disney will do a good job, I mean come on, it's Disney... Look at The Avengers, who would've thought huh?
Pando
Pando
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 185
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:35 pm

Lucas couldnt have brought more cuz his original idea of the movies already came to an end. Im curious on how disney is gonna do this and im sure its gonna be good but i was satisfied with only these 6 movies.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum