JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bungie's Destiny

+3
Jaysp656
Wampa
Nim
7 posters

Go down

Bungie's Destiny Empty Bungie's Destiny

Post by Nim Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:47 pm

This is a article about Bungie's new game destiny.
Spoiler:

It's going to be awesome i can tell already. Also all the Ps3 forum users will be happy to know it's coming out for their system as well.

Discuss if you want.

Last edited by Nim on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

Male Posts : 161
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Bungie's Destiny Empty Re: Bungie's Destiny

Post by Wampa Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:09 pm

i read up on this a bit and it sounds interesting at the very least like a borderlands cross mass effect mmo fps, it does sound very ambitious though and i hope bungie can pull it off
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:10 pm

Apparently it's going to be the first console mmo. And it's a fps.....

Suffice to say i will make sure i have xbox live when this comes out.
Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 pm

yea thats what i was curious about also its a mmo on consoles which means it probably wont be subscription based but if it really is as large as it sounds can it be just the usual price or perhaps it will just go with the in-game micro transaction route like many other mmo's nowadays
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 pm

I don't think it will be sub based.
You can even pre-order already.
Spoiler:
Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:05 pm

wow i didn't know they were already taking orders for it i thought it wasn't due out until next year hmmm that sayes dec 31 2013 which seems like a placeholder for now either that or its one of the weirdest release dates i can think of
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 am

Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 am

Nim wrote:I don't think it will be sub based.
You can even pre-order already.
Spoiler:

i bet they are doing this so they can start getting money back so that they can spend it again.

Also, I will be getting this game. I loved halo and what they did with it. So I'm going to trust them and hope its a good game. And from watching that video, i think this game will be revolutionary.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm not sure what this is all about? Looks like some kind of Halo mmo just not actually named Halo. Also for the Playstation so that's a good thing.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcmac Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:19 am

Looks like Star Wars mixed with modern sci-fi. I'm so ready.

Nim wrote:Apparently it's going to be the first console mmo. And it's a fps.....

Maybe on 360? There were plenty for the PS2, and the PS3 has Dust 514 and DC Universe.
Dcmac
Dcmac
Gillian

Male Posts : 74
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:42 am

For a new IP it's very safe and well-tread territory for Bungie so even though the concept for it sounds interesting on its surface, I'm a bit disappointed. It's yet another first person shooter, and it's about humans fighting a losing battle against aliens in a sci-fi setting.

From what I understand it's not an MMO; it's just always-online similar to Diablo 3, and may use online mechanics similar to Dark Souls/Demon's Souls. You'll be able to randomly encounter players, but I don't think it ever quite reaches the scale of an MMO like Planetside 2 (you're not going to be running into hundreds of people at once).

Their concepts for online gameplay sound a lot like Guild Wars 2's hype machine, where "emergent events" will probably boil down to nothing more than little orange circles that randomly pop up on your minimap and you just go there to grind some baddies for a while. I wouldn't be so lukewarm about this announcement if it weren't for the fact that it's really a whole lot of "seen it all before" and I know it's inevitably going to suffer from the diminishing returns effect. In my view Bungie hasn't done anything worthwhile since Halo 2 and given their track record with the rest of their Halo sequels, I expect this game will boil down to nothing more than tired point-and-shoot gameplay with a few new bells and whistles attached. Don't misunderstand me though, I want Bungie to succeed, but I've been disappointed by them so many times now it's hard for me to be optimistic. I just don't get why everyone always falls for their vidocs when their games are never as profound and groundbreaking as they make them out to be. I think 3:45 in the video was very telling. After drowning in a sea of melodramatic profound statements, even this guy had to admit it's really not all that different from what they've been doing before. He's trying to make it sound like it's so new and awesome, but his big stipulation in the middle of the statement completely derails it. I expect Destiny to be a highly-polished but mundane shooter.

They could at least try making it a third person shooter and adding some cover mechanics, platforming elements, and cool futuristic gadgets or something. Anything to shake up the same tired point and shoot grind I've been doing so many times before. It would also make customization of your character more meaningful since you would actually be able to see him. But nope, Bungie doing what they do best; playing it safe. Also, I find the lack of a PC version disturbing.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Dcmac Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 am

MiniSiets wrote:For a new IP it's very safe and well-tread territory for Bungie so even though the concept for it sounds interesting on its surface, I'm a bit disappointed. It's yet another first person shooter, and it's about humans fighting a losing battle against aliens in a sci-fi setting.

Sure, I understand where you're coming from completely. At the same time though, it's their forte. They've been doing this before Halo and it's something they do well. I can say that I'm not as excited as I would be because of the recent sci-fi boom at least. If this were any other developer making this announcement, I don't think I'd even register it on my radar until a trailer came out or something.
Dcmac
Dcmac
Gillian

Male Posts : 74
Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:05 am

well I'm going to pre-order it, i think it might be something worth a bit of my time, plus i haven't really seen anything worth buying from GS. so this is my "might as well"
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down