JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

megaupload returns

5 posters

Go down

megaupload returns Empty megaupload returns

Post by psionx Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 pm

the website launched this this January with an impressive 50gb free storage and 2048 bit encryption. as soon as it launched the servers were overloaded with uploads from twitter which caused the site to temporarily block people from using it on twitter.however the site was pretty fast when I used it. that said the firefox plugin the is lacking in functionality and the loading screen is some what annoying.

also their is no mention on when or if kim dotcom plans to bring his video site back. but he is still planing to launch his megabox service sometime in the next 6 months.

[url=mega.co.nz]here is the new site[/url]

mega launch anouncement

psionx
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

megaupload returns Empty Re: megaupload returns

Post by Metazoxan Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:51 pm

The thing that makes me a little nervous about using this site is that while they encrypt the files so that even they can't read them it seems that they will readily hand any files to the police if asked. Or at least that is what it sounded like form what I read about their policy. What this basically means is they can't get taken down since not being able to read the files themselves makes them not responsible for what they are and any charges any company tries to make go right at the user. Instead of at the site which them blocks your content.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:53 am

Found this on the "Hosting Partners" page.
Limitations:
Unfortunately, we can't work with hosting companies based in the United States. Safe harbour for service providers via the Digital Millennium Copyright Act has been undermined by the Department of Justice with its novel criminal prosecution of Megaupload. It is not safe for cloud storage sites or any business allowing user-generated content to be hosted on servers in the United States or on domains like .com / .net. The US government is frequently seizing domains without offering service providers a hearing or due process.
LMAO. DoJ just got slapped across the face. This actually made me fall to the floor laughing.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Severus Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:27 am

lol starting @ 8:50

He says those things but in their TOS they come out and say (quite bluntly too) that they will hand your data to the gov to save their ass.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 pm

Wow 50 gigs that's good I can back up all my files for free now.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Severus wrote:lol starting @ 8:50

He says those things but in their TOS they come out and say (quite bluntly too) that they will hand your data to the gov to save their ass.

Yeah that is what I don't like about the new Mega. They are so two face saying "We will protect internet freedom and stand against government oppression.......but if it is you or us we will throw you to the sharks to save ourselves". Yeah sorry Kim I'm not buying into your whole "Protecting the oppressed" speech. You are clearly only in it for the money and nothing more. That speech was to gather support and make you look good but you have no intention to back up what you say.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down