JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition

+21
Metazoxan
Jaysp656
Ovyda
Tsuyushi
Mylespol
Mafiacow
Nyako~Mayushii
plantkingman
Belsfir
Blazer
LunarLexal
DemonEyesJoe
Hikikomori
Valvatorez
Natsuru-san
Nonononoki
Bato
Sir Maddy
Keiichi Morisato
Deathfire123
Sporadic
25 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition

Post by Valvatorez Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Eh, I always found TS quality pretty crappy.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition - Page 2 Empty Re: Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition

Post by Sporadic Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:55 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:iv done this before, i did this in my gaming clan and we watched

Spoiler:

but instead of skype, which was our original plan that FAILED HORRIBLY, we all decided to download or find a streaming source (in this case, youtube was available) and we all setup on teamspeak (JD could use an equivalent, Ventrillo, mumble, ect, or skype) and at the same time we all pressed play (latency is low on teamspeak so we were all within a second of each other, even people in other countries) so it was really good, and really fun.

the rules were, before we start, use the bathroom, if you get up, we are NOT waiting for you, pausing and unpausing would be to much hassle. use PTT, no random conversations with other people, or your burps/farts/whatever on mic, so Push-to-talk is REQUIRED (PTT). Also, try not to watch the trailors

heres the thread about it
im a coucil member (equivilant of moderator/admin, basicly, i have full control) on this clans teamspeak, so, if for whatever reason we decided to use it instead of skype, i can make and lock a room down for us.
http://www.qualitygamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=5244

all we need to do is decide a time, a list of movies to choose from, and its up to each person to obtain the movie in some shape or form (i recommend DLing as streaming can get....buffery)

Well, I've done this in my gaming community too and it worked wonderfully so I've had plenty experience with how good or bad they can go. And honestly its all about preparation.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Spoiler:

perperation and participation, but, honestly, participation doesnt have to be huge, to many people watching a movie at once can ruin it, so, even if we only got 5, that would be awsome if not ideal, we did it with 4 people

also, idk if you have used TS recently, but TS3 latency is LOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW and really good, it might be peoples mics or the server itself, but iv found TS quality to be on-par with mumble now. i used to hate TS becasue it was crappy, ventrillo was much better. then i discovered Mumble and the low latency-high quality, then i learned TS3 had LOWER latency than mumble (by a tiny bit, its just a bit closer to instant communication, which is needed in FPS games) and still having HQ audio, so, if its been a while, try TS3 out

also, someone recording, would be awsome if someone could edit it into a fun little videos
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:55 pm

Sporadic wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:Meh I dunno. I hardly ever watch movies any more but I might depending on what movie it is. Also dependent on a few things. Doesn't group calling in skype cost money? I don't have a mic or a cam so hope that's not a problem? The streaming site is free right? I hope people aren't going to be talking/laughing so load that I can't hear the movie?Kinda need a rule on that and finally the BIGGEST problem with this, we're not allowed to talk about skype. You just broke rule but I say this because of this rule not everyone is in JD skype group.

It seems a majority of your posts nowadays are coupled with complaining.

Anime Saturdays: Community Club Edition - Page 2 Tumblr_mefkk7v51h1rxf6yzo1_500

Also it's my Skype chat, not a "JustDubs" Skype chat. There just happens to be about 30 people from the forum there. There's a difference though.
*Thinks of my recent posts* ... Nope. The only posts I can think of that your refering to here Spor is the ones in regards to Eris. I will admit that my posts at times can come off as me complaining but I'm not really complaining. For example the one you quoted that I quoted here was not at all a complaint. No just me talking and asking questions. So really I have no clue what posts your refering to here. :/

Well I'm not the hugging type so I'll pass this time but thanks.

Ok well I didn't know but if it's all the same can I still call it the JD Skype chat?

One last thing. Is there a way to increase the size of the movie for the group calling in skype? I ask because otherwise it'd be hard to see it so I'm hoping there's a way.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:26 pm

What I am sure we hope for, is that everyone has some kind of headphones, so we do not hear any annoying echoes while we watch. And we will be ustreaming it, so you do not need to watch it via chat either.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 pm

I actually don't have but one set of head phones and that's for my DS Lite. I doubt those would work for a comp.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:37 pm

As long as there is no echo, then there is no problem.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:I actually don't have but one set of head phones and that's for my DS Lite. I doubt those would work for a comp.

They will.
DS uses a standard 3.5mm audio plug
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:40 pm

Wow. Didn't expect they'd actually work. Ok Ima try that now. What song should I listen too first though? Hem... *Is thinking* Ok got it. This one. >:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t7KE-Nrfm34 And it...Yeesh that's loud! Ima listen to it but how do I turn it down? The speakers do nothing for the volume adjectment with these head phones on. Anyway it works. Thanks Keiichi. ^-^ Sadly it works too well. o_o

EDIT: Nvm. I figured it out. Just had to adjust it on the comp screen.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Sporadic wrote:
DemonEyesJoe wrote:iv done this before, i did this in my gaming clan and we watched

Spoiler:

but instead of skype, which was our original plan that FAILED HORRIBLY, we all decided to download or find a streaming source (in this case, youtube was available) and we all setup on teamspeak (JD could use an equivalent, Ventrillo, mumble, ect, or skype) and at the same time we all pressed play (latency is low on teamspeak so we were all within a second of each other, even people in other countries) so it was really good, and really fun.

the rules were, before we start, use the bathroom, if you get up, we are NOT waiting for you, pausing and unpausing would be to much hassle. use PTT, no random conversations with other people, or your burps/farts/whatever on mic, so Push-to-talk is REQUIRED (PTT). Also, try not to watch the trailors

im a coucil member (equivilant of moderator/admin, basicly, i have full control) on this clans teamspeak, so, if for whatever reason we decided to use it instead of skype, i can make and lock a room down for us.

all we need to do is decide a time, a list of movies to choose from, and its up to each person to obtain the movie in some shape or form (i recommend DLing as streaming can get....buffery)

Well, I've done this in my gaming community too and it worked wonderfully so I've had plenty experience with how good or bad they can go. And honestly its all about preparation.

We dont even have that ventrilo anymore do we? I think skype would work perfect.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:37 am

i hope this comes to fruition
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 am

Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:45 am

Natsuru-san wrote:What song should I listen too first though? Hem... *Is thinking* Ok got it. This one. >Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t7KE-Nrfm34

your welcome, its a very nice song
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:01 am

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread. Too many tabs up.

Anyway, on this thread, I would love to do this sometime, if I can.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:46 am

Bato wrote:
Sporadic wrote:

Spoiler:

We dont even have that ventrilo anymore do we? I think skype would work perfect.

Nah, it's been closed since November I think. We could always use Raid Call too if Skype doesn't work well for us. Since enough people expressed interest I'll go ahead and make a nomination thread for us in a minute.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:08 am

my clan has tried this multiple times with only 1 success, hopefully this goes well Razz

people like to bail
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:37 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:my clan has tried this multiple times with only 1 success, hopefully this goes well Razz

people like to bail

Okay Debbie Downer, we got it the first time.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:45 pm

If you're participating and I don't already have you added on Skype, please post your skype info here or send me a PM or VM.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 pm

demoneyesjoe
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:10 pm

This sounds like fun.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:32 pm

Check out the voting thread if you haven't already.

http://justdubsrefuge.omgforum.net/t398-anime-movie-saturdays-voting
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:01 am

Sporadic wrote:If you're participating and I don't already have you added on Skype, please post your skype info here or send me a PM or VM.

time to change my username Razz
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Belsfir Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:17 am

Wow, this sounds like a brilliant idea, just dunno if I can do it with my schedule...

Ill post my skype name anyways:

AtomicRavioli7
Belsfir
Belsfir
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 138
Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Belsfir wrote:Wow, this sounds like a brilliant idea, just dunno if I can do it with my schedule...

Ill post my skype name anyways:

AtomicRavioli7

Hey, you're still welcome to participate in any discussion threads we make too. I'll be making a thread today asking what times are good for everyone.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 pm

What time is good for everyone to do this?

How does 3pm PST sound?
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next