JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013 Yugioh Championship Series

+5
Natsuru-san
uallandme
Valvatorez
Severus
- The Rose -
9 posters

Go down

2013 Yugioh Championship Series Empty 2013 Yugioh Championship Series

Post by - The Rose - Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 pm

The Yu-Gi-Oh! CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (YCS) presented by Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. (Konami) heads to the fun and sun of Miami, Florida for the first stop of the company's premier competitive series. YCS Miami is expected to draw hundreds of Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) players from all over the Atlantic Coast and Southeastern United States on February 16-17th.

Throughout the action-packed weekend, Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Duelists will test their Decks, skills and strategies as they compete head-to-head against some of the best players in the country. From the First Round of the Main Event on Saturday morning to the Final Round on Sunday, every Duelist will be playing their hardest, hoping that their game plan is the one that takes them to the YCS Champion's podium. The first YCS since the release of Cosmo Blazer will heat up with new FIRE-themed Decks spreading like wildfire and the oceans of competitors may find them too hot to handle.

Duelists should make time to pre-register for the YCS Miami Main Event from 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15th. Players that pre-register and submit a Deck list will receive an event-exclusive YCS Token Card! Registration will begin again promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, February 16th. Upon registering, Duelists will receive five Cosmo Blazer booster packs for participating in Konami's YCS Miami. The First Round will start at 10:00 a.m. and the Top 16 or 32 YCS finishers (depending on attendance) will earn invitations to participate in the 2013 World Championship Qualifier and other great prizes.

In addition, Konami will once again hold Dragon Duels for the younger players (for Duelists born in 2000 or later) on Saturday and Sunday. The top four players in each of the Dragon Duel events will receive a special Dragon Duel Champion's Medal, a Regional Game Mat, a Dragon Duel t-shirt and an invitation to their 2013 Dragon Duel World Championship Qualifier. Those who attend the Qualifier can earn an invitation to the second annual Dragon Duel World Championship to take place at the Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship in August 2013.

Additionally, Duelists can participate in a wide variety of fun and challenging Public Events to push their Dueling skills to the limit! Konami will be conducting a host of events such as Regional Qualifiers, 3 vs. 3 Team Dueling, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!!, Win-A-Mats, Xyz Symphony Starter Deck Tournaments, Onslaught of the Fire Kings Structure Deck Tournaments, and Sealed Pack Tournaments for Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, featuring exclusive Starfoil prize cards only available at premier events.

The Main Event winner, the two runners-up and winners of Sunday's two Public Event playoffs will each be awarded a YCS prize card. The Main Event winner will take home an Ultra Rare version of the Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry prize card, with the other winners bringing home Super Rare versions.

Event Address:
Miami Airport Convention Center
Exhibit Hall 1
777 N.W. 72nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33126
http://www.macc.com/

Prizing Information:

1st place – Ultra Rare Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry YCS Prize Card; Trophy; Paid travel to their World Championship Qualifier (if underage, then winner and guardian) or a local-market YCS (flight and accommodations) if the Duelist has already won an earlier YCS in the current year; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; 500GB game console; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier tournament

2nd place –Super Rare Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry YCS Prize Card; 32GB Tablet PC with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier

3rd place – Super Rare Digvorzhak, King of Heavy Industry YCS Prize Card; 32GB Touch Screen MP3 Player with redemption codes for Konami Mobile games; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier

4th place – 32GB touch-screen MP3 Player; Konami game codes to be used on the touch-screen MP3 player; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier

5th – 8th place – 4GB video game console with YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier

9th – 16th place – 24 booster packs of Cosmo Blazer; YCS Top Cut Game Mat; and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier

If attendance exceeds 513 Duelists:

17th – 32nd place – YCS Top Cut Game Mat and an invite to their 2013 World Championship Qualifier

Duelists unable to participate in YCS Miami can check out live online coverage of the event provided by Konami staff at www.yugioh-card.com/en/events.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2013-01-23/first-yu-gi-oh-championship-series-of-13-splashes-down-on-the-atlantic-coast-city-of-miami-february-16-17
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

2013 Yugioh Championship Series Empty Re: 2013 Yugioh Championship Series

Post by Severus Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:17 pm

*looks at old deck* haha you don't stand a chance anymore with all these new rules and monsters do you?

yeah sadly my deck was made in the GX gen so i would get destroyed by the new gen cheaters.
Severus
Severus
White Hat
White Hat

Male Posts : 270
The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 pm

My deck involves all first gen. The only thing I dont have, and probably will never have, is Exodius. I still have my binder full of cards in storage.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by uallandme Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Severus wrote:*looks at old deck* haha you don't stand a chance anymore with all these new rules and monsters do you?

yeah sadly my deck was made in the GX gen so i would get destroyed by the new gen cheaters.

i know what you mean old card types like rituals and the older fusion monsters are useless even some synchro monsters are useless to these new xyz monsters
uallandme
uallandme
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:49 am

Severus wrote:*looks at old deck* haha you don't stand a chance anymore with all these new rules and monsters do you?

elemental Heroes are still very much a championship caliber deck. "hero beat" is a tier 1 deck type and tier 1 are the highest ranked decks out there
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 am

uallandme wrote:

i know what you mean old card types like rituals and the older fusion monsters are useless even some synchro monsters are useless to these new xyz monsters
depends on how you use them and what deck you are up against. hell japan is finally giving us new cards that make harpie ladies playable again.
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:22 pm

I know I don't stand a chance. My deck is old school but has cards from every gen. I also use a mixed deck combined with dragons so there's some balance but not like decks like X-sabers, Six Samurai etc. I have entered the nearest tournament a few times now and have only won once out of 7 times and to make matters worse. That once was not in the tournament and was a two outta 3 duel so I STILL lost when it was all over. I have some pretty good cards too. I'm sure I could do a LOT better if I played with a deck type instead of my main deck but it's my main deck and is the only one I really want to duel with.

Now if only they would make the next video game to this...
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:10 am

go to the dueling network, they have every card released to date plus some cards still in japan.

the site is endorsed by konami, so its totally legit
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 am

(looks around)

I haven't any cards but I always thought you had to have 'trust in the cards'.

Is the too hooky to say?
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by uallandme Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:18 pm

isn't it you have to have the heart of the cards?
uallandme
uallandme
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:28 pm

No it's "Trust in the heart of the cards."

Don't forget some other classic lines too.

It's time to duel!

Get your game on!

Let's rev it up!

I'm feeling the flow!

Get set to get decked!

I've been with the series ever since it first came to where I live. It's the only card game I even play or really care for.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLincecum Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:53 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:No it's "Trust in the heart of the cards."

It's time to duel!

Get your game on!

Let's rev it up!

I'm feeling the flow!

Get set to get decked!

So many...subliminal messages... ugh.

On another note, I used to play this game wildly when I was kid. I still have my deck, but it's utter cr@p compared to the cards nowadays [It has no strategy whatsoever]. Maybe in the future when I have time, I can go back to this game, but for now i'll just wait and see how this tourney plays out [I plan on trolling everyone with a stall deck combined with a mix of other strategies in the future Very Happy]

Last edited by MrLincecum on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The grammar police forced me too)
MrLincecum
MrLincecum
Gillian

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:05 pm

MrLincecum wrote:

It's time to duel!

Get your game on!

Let's rev it up!

I'm feeling the flow!

Get set to get decked!

On another note, I used to play this game wildly when I was kid. I still have my deck, but it's utter cr@p compared to the cards nowadays [It has no strategy whatsoever]. Maybe in the future when I have time, I can go back to this game, but for now i'll just wait and see how this tourney plays out [I plan on trolling everyone with a stall deck combined with a mix of other strategies in the future Very Happy]
the strategy is trying to put a deck against a better deck & winning.
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by joshier Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:13 pm

My poor old deck would only delay defeat... It is very much defence orientated using low level cards with high defences then sacrificing them for cards with a higher attack. Great against monster first gen monster orientated decks but with all the new card types and magic/trap cards I would lose pretty quickly
joshier
joshier
Shinigami

Male Posts : 203
Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:22 pm

MrLincecum wrote:

It's time to duel!

Get your game on!

Let's rev it up!

I'm feeling the flow!

Get set to get decked!

Oh gosh! Lol! I never even saw that until you said it. Luckily, it doesn't ruin it for me. *JD Shifty emoticon*

joshier wrote:My poor old deck would only delay defeat... It is very much defence orientated using low level cards with high defences then sacrificing them for cards with a higher attack. Great against monster first gen monster orientated decks but with all the new card types and magic/trap cards I would lose pretty quickly
Actually magic cards have been known as spell cards for a very long time now. (Close to the end of gen 1 I think) The reason is because of magic and the gathering.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:18 pm

well my deck is pretty much ultimate if i get to use my ne card but i never was very good at the game my old deck might be all ruined now
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum