JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What we know of The PlayStation 4 so far.

+6
JakDark
DemonEyesJoe
johnstang2
- The Rose -
Dcmac
Keiichi Morisato
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What we know of The PlayStation 4 so far. - Page 2 Empty Re: What we know of The PlayStation 4 so far.

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:50 pm

johnstang2 wrote:So I guess I can by Final Fantasy 13 for ps3 and put it in my computer huh?

THEORETICALLY, yes, but i dont have any info on how to do so, you might want to look it up and practice on a cheaper game or one you can borrow from someone first. Also, multi-player is out of the question
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

What we know of The PlayStation 4 so far. - Page 2 Empty Re: What we know of The PlayStation 4 so far.

Post by - The Rose - Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 pm

Rather than making separate threads for more ps4 news that was released today, I will post them Here

PSN Purchases Will Not Transfer Over To PS4

Well here’s a bit of completely crappy news.

Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told Engadget that the PlayStation 4 will not allow you to import PlayStation 3 PSN games.

That means that the library of titles you’ve built up on your home console will not be playable on the PlayStation 4, should you buy one. And neither will save games.

The difficulty in allowing PS3 games to be played on PS4 is said to relate to the vast differences between the two consoles’ architecture. The PS3 runs on Cell tech, while the PS4 is basically a PC.

It means that previous-gen titles are not currently compatible in any way with PS4, although Sony will attempt to make older games playable on the system “in some form.”

Let’s hope that Sony is planning of leveraging some of the Gaikai streaming technology to bring our PSN libraries to PlayStation 4.

What a blow to PS3 gamers. This article makes it painfully obvious that ps4 will not be backward compatible at all with ps3 anything. So if u buy a ps4 at some point, I'd hold on to that ps3 if you still enjoy your game library you have for it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-9162-Previously-Purchased-PSN-Games-Will-Not-Transfer-to-PlayStation-4--Says-Sony.html

second article

PS4 Will Not Require an Always-On Internet Connection

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will not require a constant internet connection.

Following recent rumours about the next generation of consoles, it had been suggested that perhaps the PlayStation 4 would require a permanent connection in an attempt to combat piracy and the use of pre-owned games.

However, thankfully, that’s not the case.

"Yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that," he said.

"You can play offline, but you may want to keep it connected. The system has the low-power mode - I don't know the official term - that the main system is shut down but the subsystem is awake. Downloading or updating or you can wake it up using either the tablet, smartphone or PS Vita."

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-9161-PlayStation-4-Will-Not-Require-an-Always-On-Internet-Connection.html
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by - The Rose - Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:01 am

another article, though this one is pretty obvious.

The PS3's DualShock 3 controller is not compatible with PlayStation 4.

During the PlayStation 4 announcement in New York earlier this week, what looked like a PS3 Move controller was shown working with the new console. But the same doesn’t apply to the DualShock 3, apparently.

That comes from President of Sony Worldwide Studios, Shuhei Yoshida. He told Polygon, "No, [the PlayStation 4] doesn't support DualShock 3 but it does support PS Move."

It’s a surprising bit of news, as the DualShock 3 connects with consoles in the same way as the Move, by using Bluetooth 2.0.

When asked if other Bluetooth-enabled PS3 peripherals like headsets were compatible, a PR rep jumped in and said, "I don't think we're addressing additional peripheral support at this time."

Yoshida added, "That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work."

It’s disappointing that the DualShock 3 won’t be compatible, but not the end of the world. The news that our PS3 PSN game collections won’t carry over, however, hurts a little bit more.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-9169-DualShock-3-Not-Compatible-with-PlayStation-4.html
- The Rose -
- The Rose -
Shinigami

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:30 am

So its looking like its recommended to keep both systems.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-201 Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:32 am

I recon Sony will do a price drop on the PS3 shortly after releasing the PS4, like they did with the PS2 after launching the PS3.
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 am

I always keep the older system just for the same reason listed above. Eventually backwards compatibility will become difficult as technology progresses into new stages. It's like trying to make DOS games work on a Windows 8 machine. It's not impossible, but it becomes difficult to add additional support for ancient technology.

Oh and the official PlayStation 4 specs source:
https://secure.webassets.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/feb21/pdf/playstation4_specification.pdf
(Subject to changes, since the PlayStation 4 is still a work in progress.)
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:36 am

I think I'll save my money for a new computer. Of the console choices I've seen so far, I'm not to impressed. Maybe one day when prices will drop by a lot, but for now I think I will keep saving my money.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2