JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ranks

+22
JAMSM
Colme
Shogun13
plantkingman
DemonEyesJoe
LunarLexal
johnstang2
Valvatorez
Wampa
Leoster
Tomoyo's Angel
Blazer
Kusanagi
Paper Tiger
Hikikomori
Severus
Natsuru-san
L3GION
blaze1514
Androgynous
Sporadic
Metazoxan
26 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Ranks - Page 3 Empty Re: New Ranks

Post by Sporadic Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:10000 posts for a custom rank. Really that's too high. I say 5000 posts and you get it. Really hardly anyone'll ever make it to such a high post count.

I just wanted to point this out real quick.

New Ranks - Page 3 Postsc10

Joined less than a week ago. Already has over 1,000 posts. Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow post restriction in certain forums so the aylum counts towards your posts now. And with all the number games and other cascading threads in the asylum its easy to get over 100 posts a day. This of course won't be like this on the new forum because hopefully we're using another vbulletin board.

Also, switched out Visored for Overlord. There's still a couple more that can be switched out we just need more suggestions.

Yeah but if we have the restriction like before than what you posted here is null and void. Also I HAVE suggested a rank. The BEST rank imo. Kampfer

There is a rank however I'd love to be able to keep that rank.

Yeah, but originally when these were implemented we didn't have a work around for post count in spam sections. Which is why the rank was so hard to achieve. Actually, we'll probably keep 10,000 as the number to get a custom rank. Seemingly impossible to achieve but for good reason.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 pm

I think the Flame-Haze would be cooler than the Arrancar.

Also, can we fit "Mugiwara" or in other words "Straw Hat Pirate" in there somewhere?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:Could we mix a little one piece in there? Like Eliminate Arrancar move everything up to Espada down and put Shibukai under Heroic Spirit
Adding a popular series like One Piece is a good idea. I forgot about it. I'll try to remember to gather some information about it and find some ranks later. But yeah, Arrancar and Heroic Spirit will probably be the first titles to go.

Natsuru-san wrote:Yeah but if we have the restriction like before than what you posted here is null and void. Also I HAVE suggested a rank. The BEST rank imo. Kampfer

I'd rather not add Kampfer because the rank neither is part of a well-known series nor is easy to understand from the word alone.
Agreed Kampfer is kinda vague. PLus they aren't really that special or strong. I mean Natsuru can throw a fireball and the red hair uses guns... so what? Sure their powers make them better than normal humans but countless anime far outclass them. Plus like you said it's just not that well known. If we are going to make this list right we need a good varried list of things most anime fans will get

So here are some suggestions from me (not asking for all of them to be added just pitching various ideas
One piece titles
Shichibukai
Yonko- The 4 emperors
Celestial Dragon- On second thought I hate those guys so I wouldn't want that rank.
Supernova- Taken from The Eleven Supernovas.
Poseidon- is one of the three ancient weapons, alongside with Pluton and Uranus. It is a mermaid who has the power to communicate with Sea Kings. Meaning it is the only super weapon in the series to be a person.

LunarLexal wrote:I think the Flame-Haze would be cooler than the Arrancar.

Also, can we fit "Mugiwara" or in other words "Straw Hat Pirate" in there somewhere?

No "Straw Hat Pirate" is a bit too specific. Ranks should be more general to a series so that they can be given to people. The straw hat crew is very small and is the main cast so they don't really fit as a rank. And the japanese name will be to hard for people to understand. Everyone calls them Straw hat so I don't think many would recognize their japanese name.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:34 am

just my 2 cents, Suzumia should be next-to-custom rank IMO, or something god-tier anime related, such as "Evangelic" or something like that

also, each rank should be from a different anime, so as to not sway towards one more than the other, so, use 1 from each of the big 4, but also be sure to include a thing from inuyasha (big 5?). i didnt read all the ranks in detail, but i did notice multi-instace of bleach, and although i love bleach, i still think things should be fair to all anime

DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:45 am

DemonEyesJoe wrote:just my 2 cents, Suzumia should be next-to-custom rank IMO, or something god-tier anime related, such as "Evangelic" or something like that

also, each rank should be from a different anime, so as to not sway towards one more than the other, so, use 1 from each of the big 4, but also be sure to include a thing from inuyasha (big 5?). i didnt read all the ranks in detail, but i did notice multi-instace of bleach, and although i love bleach, i still think things should be fair to all anime

Well Kusanagi's list already had 3 bleach at most and 3 naruto and we already plan to edit the list a bit more. But even if two ranks come from the same anime it's not that bad. I just had a problem with 7 being from a single anime.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:50 am

Metazoxan wrote:
Kusanagi wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:Could we mix a little one piece in there? Like Eliminate Arrancar move everything up to Espada down and put Shibukai under Heroic Spirit
Adding a popular series like One Piece is a good idea. I forgot about it. I'll try to remember to gather some information about it and find some ranks later. But yeah, Arrancar and Heroic Spirit will probably be the first titles to go.

Natsuru-san wrote:Yeah but if we have the restriction like before than what you posted here is null and void. Also I HAVE suggested a rank. The BEST rank imo. Kampfer

I'd rather not add Kampfer because the rank neither is part of a well-known series nor is easy to understand from the word alone.
Agreed Kampfer is kinda vague. PLus they aren't really that special or strong. I mean Natsuru can throw a fireball and the red hair uses guns... so what? Sure their powers make them better than normal humans but countless anime far outclass them. Plus like you said it's just not that well known. If we are going to make this list right we need a good varried list of things most anime fans will get

I also agree in not using Kampfer but for a whole different reason. Most of you don't like trap anime's. Kampfer is a sorda trap anime. The MC is a male that gets tranformed into a Magical Girl which is called a Kampfer. I personally would think is would suck to have such a rank at any level.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:46 pm

@Kampfer rank: First off let me just say that even those Bleach ranks aren't easy to understand. Example Arrancar. What the heck is an Arancar. (It's a Hollow that's been turned into a soul reaper while still having it's hollow powers) See only a fan of the series would know what it means. Simply put Kampfer is no different from the Bleach ranks except that not as many people know about it but then again a LOT of people aren't going to watch Bleach episode 200 or near for when the arrancars are first mentioned. So that is null and void there.

Next it's fine if Kampfer isn't a rank I guess so long as one day I can get the custom rank and then I'll be showing off that Kampfer rank but I'd like the post count to be at no more than 5000 for such a rank. The only way it should be 10000 is if we keep the post count system like we have it now but if we go back to the JD one then I say keep it at 5000 posts. Btw, just look at my low post count. See. Not everyone has the time to be on here. Heck in 2 months I have only gotten 300 posts and that's for this site PLUS JD. So I think I've proven my point that it needs to be kept at 5000 posts.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:54 pm

LunarLexal wrote:I think the Flame-Haze would be cooler than the Arrancar.

I like Falme-haze a bit better too. A good Shana reference.
Hikikomori
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am

Natsuru-san wrote:Next it's fine if Kampfer isn't a rank I guess so long as one day I can get the custom rank and then I'll be showing off that Kampfer rank but I'd like the post count to be at no more than 5000 for such a rank. The only way it should be 10000 is if we keep the post count system like we have it now but if we go back to the JD one then I say keep it at 5000 posts.

Sorry, but by the time this was posted they already changed the post count method to something similar to the JD way.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 am

I just noticed a change in the ranking. Can you please post a break down of the new ranks.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:40 pm

Were there new ranks added? On the forum on JD was that after academy student it was Genin, now its Lab Member.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:24 am

plantkingman wrote:Were there new ranks added? On the forum on JD was that after academy student it was Genin, now its Lab Member.

Here's the list, I think:

Kusanagi wrote:
0 - Academy Student
30 - Lab Member
75 - Shinobi
125 - Rurouni

175 - Black Knight
300 - Mage
450 - Soul Reaper/Quincy
625 - Deadman
900 - Esper

1250 - State Alchemist
1600 - Rouge Ninja
2000 - Bounty Hunter
2400 - Arrancar (or Flame Haze if you guys want less Bleach)

2800 - Man Slayer (Hitokiri)
3300 - Knight of the Round
3800 - Espada
4300 - Heroic Spirit

5000 - Legendary S-Class
6000 - Overlord (used to be Vasto Lorde)
7000 - Wizard Saint
8000 - Legendary Super Saiyan (Saiya-jin)
9000 - Tailed Beast
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:50 am

LunarLexal wrote:
plantkingman wrote:Were there new ranks added? On the forum on JD was that after academy student it was Genin, now its Lab Member.

Here's the list, I think:

Kusanagi wrote:
0 - Academy Student
30 - Lab Member
75 - Shinobi
125 - Rurouni

175 - Black Knight
300 - Mage
450 - Soul Reaper/Quincy
625 - Deadman
900 - Esper

1250 - State Alchemist
1600 - Rouge Ninja
2000 - Bounty Hunter
2400 - Arrancar (or Flame Haze if you guys want less Bleach)

2800 - Man Slayer (Hitokiri)
3300 - Knight of the Round
3800 - Espada
4300 - Heroic Spirit

5000 - Legendary S-Class
7000 - Wizard Saint
9000 - Tailed Beast
These aren't the current ranks. These are just ranks I suggested, since the current ranks are open to changes. I'm not sure what the current ranks are. You guys should discuss what ranks and lists you think are a good idea and which ones you'd like to see.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:28 am

These are what I have the current ranks set as. We've been playing around with new ones because the old ranks were getting stale. like previously mentioned, these are subject to change from good suggestions. We're using the temp forum as a testing ground for a lot of new ideas that could become implemented on our future permanent forum.

Lab Member is on the list twice because post #69 is Innuendo. It goes directly back to Lab Member at 70, but you have to label it a second time or else post 70 will still be Innuendo.

New Ranks - Page 3 Ranks210
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:45 am

lol easter egg rank. Interesting. Granted I'll never experience those ranks, thus is the price of power, I don't get funny titles in front of my name.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 am

No M.D. rank? I am disappointed.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:52 am

Colme wrote:No M.D. rank? I am disappointed.
No colme, it is "I am disappoint".
Spoiler:
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMSM Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:47 am

Aw rats, now, being the *slight* OCD I am, I won't be able to post anymore once I reach Shinigami, unless I change my profile pic.
JAMSM
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 99

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMSM Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:28 pm

JAMSM wrote:Aw rats, now, being the *slight* OCD I am, I won't be able to post anymore once I reach Shinigami, unless I change my profile pic.
Bleh, screw it
JAMSM
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Sporadic wrote:

These are what I have the current ranks set as. We've been playing around with new ones because the old ranks were getting stale. like previously mentioned, these are subject to change from good suggestions. We're using the temp forum as a testing ground for a lot of new ideas that could become implemented on our future permanent forum.

Lab Member is on the list twice because post #69 is Innuendo. It goes directly back to Lab Member at 70, but you have to label it a second time or else post 70 will still be Innuendo.

New Ranks - Page 3 Ranks210

I still think there are too many Bleach ones. Also there should be a one Piece one in there.

I also liked Kusa's list better especially the last few
5000 - Legendary S-Class
7000 - Wizard Saint
9000 - Tailed Beast
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:40 pm

All of those except Tailed Beast are in mine. We're looking for "must change examples" in power and authority. Not your personal preference.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 pm

Sporadic wrote:All of those except Tailed Beast are in mine. We're looking for "must change examples" in power and authority. Not your personal preference.

It isn't just personal preference. Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more. So they should each have at least one rank in the list. You justify having so many Bleach ranks because everyone knows them but everyone knows plenty of stuff from Naruto and One piece. That is why tailed beast (Or maybe Jinchiriki) is good. Most people know what that is and it gives a better mix of anime.

BTW you claim I am using only personal preference but what about you? Judging from your reaction to Bleach anime getting picked back up I assume you are a Bleach fan. But doesn't that mean you putting in so many Bleach ranks is because you are a fan rather than what other people want? I'm not the only one that has said we need significantly less Bleach ranks so I'm certainly not alone.

Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAMSM Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:38 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Sporadic wrote:All of those except Tailed Beast are in mine. We're looking for "must change examples" in power and authority. Not your personal preference.

It isn't just personal preference. Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more. So they should each have at least one rank in the list. You justify having so many Bleach ranks because everyone knows them but everyone knows plenty of stuff from Naruto and One piece. That is why tailed beast (Or maybe Jinchiriki) is good. Most people know what that is and it gives a better mix of anime.

BTW you claim I am using only personal preference but what about you? Judging from your reaction to Bleach anime getting picked back up I assume you are a Bleach fan. But doesn't that mean you putting in so many Bleach ranks is because you are a fan rather than what other people want? I'm not the only one that has said we need significantly less Bleach ranks so I'm certainly not alone.

you forget two things: 1. you're not a mod and spor is. It sucks, but spor's preferences override yours. and don't say it shouldn't be that way "democratic presidents should be republican because there's slightly more republicans" no. and 2. bleach is slightly more popular than naruto, and gets a tenth the hate naruto does

however, know that my perspective is also biased, considering I detest naruto
JAMSM
JAMSM
Silver Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaysp656 Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 pm

I think "Chuck Norris" should be some unreachable title
Jaysp656
Jaysp656
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 301
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Naruto and one piece are easily as popular as Bleach if not more.

Who wants popular examples anyway? To be honest I'd find it cool if every rank was from a different anime.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum