JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Not-So-Official "What should I watch next" thread.

+31
Natsu Dragneel
Imagination
uallandme
DubAnimeLover
The7thSeal
DemonEyesJoe
BlurredExistence
Sporadic
MiniSiets
Kaleb_K
Ginger7327
Tsuyushi
LunarLexal
Roy Blue
Jaysp656
Sano
Doomguy
Natsuru-san
Wampa
Supernatural Knight
IloveHolo
Metazoxan
Mayes
R34P3R
Sir Maddy
Paper Tiger
johnstang2
Enigma
L3GION
Hatless
Yuki Terumi
35 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Not-So-Official "What should I watch next" thread. Empty The Not-So-Official "What should I watch next" thread.

Post by Yuki Terumi Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Just finished Darker than BLACK last week. Need more anime in my life. Suggestions?
Yuki Terumi
Yuki Terumi
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 125
The Anime Cafe Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

The Not-So-Official "What should I watch next" thread. Empty Re: The Not-So-Official "What should I watch next" thread.

Post by Hatless Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:13 am

Black lagoon, if you havent already
Hatless
Hatless
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 142
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Designing Club Cooking Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

The Not-So-Official "What should I watch next" thread. Empty Re: The Not-So-Official "What should I watch next" thread.

Post by L3GION Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 am

Kaze no Stigma, Code Geass, Black Cat, Death Note, or Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 am

Dubbed, and full on Yuri:
- Kannazuki no Miko
- Mai-HIME
- Blue Drop
- Ikkitousen (This has het aswell)
- My-Otome
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- RIN ~Daughters Of Mnemosyne~
- Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Warning for gender-bending)
- Steel Angel Kurumi

One of these.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enigma Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 am

Elfen Lied, Gantz, Durarara!!, Baccano!, Sekirei, Mushishi (the most mellow anime to ever be created). Many many many others.
Enigma
Enigma
Gillian

Male Posts : 110
Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by L3GION Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 am

Enigma wrote:Elfen Lied, Gantz, Durarara!!, Baccano!, Sekirei, Mushishi (the most mellow anime to ever be created). Many many many others.
AnalBag wrote:Dubbed, and full on Yuri:
- Kannazuki no Miko
- Mai-HIME
- Blue Drop
- Ikkitousen (This has het aswell)
- My-Otome
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- RIN ~Daughters Of Mnemosyne~
- Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (Warning for gender-bending)
- Steel Angel Kurumi

One of these.

I agree with both of these posts. Especially Mushishi. It was chill and awesome.
L3GION
L3GION
Silver Saint

Male Posts : 622
The Anime Cafe Designing Club Film Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:17 am

I need help in choosing an anime and be advised I practically almost seen everything already as well owning quite a few on dvd. I like anime in school settings. I also like whimsical animes. I have been known to watch kick ass anime. Anime's I like are Godannar, Ranma, A little snow fairy sugar, Flame of recca, Rune soldier, and Angelic Layer. That is enough to get a feeling for what I like. Any suggestions?
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:39 am

Well I can't suggest to you a school anime, but if you like Rune Soldier (not school settings really), have you seen Record Of Lodoss War? There are two full-length shows, and a 4-part OVA that was also made into a movie, I'd suggest skipping the OVAs/movie altogether but the full shows may be interesting to you... Beware however that they are quite old, so animation ain't the greatest.
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Tiger Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:47 am

L3GION wrote:Especially Mushishi. It was chill and awesome.
Yes, Mushishi is a nice change of pace from just about any other show... Except for Aria (Aqua, not the Scarlet Ammo), that's like future-day Mushishi.
Paper Tiger
Paper Tiger
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Well it depends.
What genre do you want?
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by R34P3R Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 pm

I will always recommend One Piece and Bleach since they are long and enjoyable but for a short one would be Deadman Wonderland.
R34P3R
R34P3R
Lab Member

Male Posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayes Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:03 am

I just finished Samurai Champloo, and enjoyed it very much. I don't have any preferences of anime, just want to start watching something that has a good story.
Mayes
Mayes
Academy Student

Male Posts : 72
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by R34P3R Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:26 am

You could watch Air Gear but it kinda sucks because they cut the series short even though its 26 episodes
R34P3R
R34P3R
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayes Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Ahhh that's a bummer. But regardless, I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mayes
Mayes
Academy Student

Male Posts : 72
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 pm

johnstang2 wrote:I need help in choosing an anime and be advised I practically almost seen everything already as well owning quite a few on dvd. I like anime in school settings. I also like whimsical animes. I have been known to watch kick ass anime. Anime's I like are Godannar, Ranma, A little snow fairy sugar, Flame of recca, Rune soldier, and Angelic Layer. That is enough to get a feeling for what I like. Any suggestions?

Well if you like whimsical school anime you could try Potemayo. This show was just adorable
Spoiler:

Phi brain has a school setting and I found enjoyable. But it doesn't really match anything on your list so you might not like it. AT least give it a shot at some point though.

If you want other suggestions I can give some later
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by IloveHolo Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:56 pm

I recently dropped Mysterious Girlfriend X because I didn't really enjoy the protagonist and where the series was going(on ep.3). I now require something to fill the void.

I would like something cheery and slice-of-life, but I am open to most suggestions. Anything that is captivating, I will give some form of a chance.

MAL is in my signature.
IloveHolo
IloveHolo
Lab Member

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 am

I don't blame you for dropping that show, it was quite a disappointment even for the themes it had. I expected a low quality show and was even amazed at just how crap it was.

Now you asked for something cheery and slice of life, I would recommend Tari Tari as it is both of these things. There is also a hint of romance in it, but of course nothing can be entirely cheerful so the characters make the best of what happens. It is about the forming of a school choir.

Now for a wildcard that you didn't ask for just so you have a different option, how about Sankarea, it is a supernatural romance that is unlike a lot of others. While this series isn't exactly cheerful it is quite good considering it was a romance that I enjoyed, also this was the last suggestion I gave Twizzel and she mostly enjoyed it minus some parts.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by IloveHolo Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:08 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, they were really helpful.
IloveHolo
IloveHolo
Lab Member

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

alright im done with higurashi and A-channel and have a list of some things that i was thinking about watching but i am still looking for some opinions. I want something a bit more violent than higurashi but still want the supernatural/psychological aspect of it so was thinking about mirai nikki thanks to the yandre nominations bringing it to my attention but am looking for potential others also
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by R34P3R Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:12 am

Well Wampa you could watch:
1. Deadman Wonderland
2. Hellsing
3. Chaos;Head
These are all very violent and supernatural/pdychological! Very Happy
R34P3R
R34P3R
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

Baccano!
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Wampa Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 pm

alright ill check out baccano and chaos head have seen the others thanks guys
Wampa
Wampa
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 405
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:10 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:Now you asked for something cheery and slice of life, I would recommend Tari Tari as it is both of these things. There is also a hint of romance in it, but of course nothing can be entirely cheerful so the characters make the best of what happens. It is about the forming of a school choir.

>romance
Tell me between who, because it doesn't look like an anime that'd have any bit of romance to begin with.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:27 pm

Wow it took me 3 days to see a post that was aimed at me in a thread I generally check, sorry Maddy.

Yeah there is a slight romance in the series, you are basically right that it is completely without it, until maybe the final 2 eps if I remember right. I'm not sure if it is to build excitement for a possible second season/OVA that could be coming out in the future [so far no news on this though, and it seems unlikely] or if it was simply because they thought the show was lacking something. But it is in there
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by R34P3R Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:40 pm

Lol well now I'm looking for a great anime! Razz
I have recently finished Night Raid 1931 which I thought was great. But I don't care for animes that don't really have great graphics such as Green Green or ummmmm I can't think of the names for any others. Any ideas?
R34P3R
R34P3R
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next