JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creepiest anime?

+9
Tsuyushi
Noobs
MrYoSo901
sayWut
Jayvon
Ovyda
Bato
Sir Maddy
Supernatural Knight
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Creepiest anime? Empty Creepiest anime?

Post by Supernatural Knight Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 am

Well we all know that anime covers a wide range of genres, and the horror category is definitely a harder one to stay true to it's name as people just find different things creepy.

For example perhaps to some Another would be creepy, but once the events started happening I couldn't help but be intrigued by it, leaving me more in a state of awe.

So what anime do you consider to be creepy?

Now I don't find too many that I've seen to be creepy but a while ago I found an OVA from 08, so as of an hour ago I finally got around to watching it, and it was true to it's horror category. Originally I planned to watch it at night, but I could never be bothered so I disappointed myself by watching it at 6 in the afternoon.
The OVA is called Urban Legend Story Hikiko, along with knowing that it is actually an urban legend from Japan it has a weird kind of dated 3D CG animation style that also adds to the atmosphere.
For anyone wanting to check it out
Spoiler:
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Creepiest anime? Empty Re: Creepiest anime?

Post by Sir Maddy Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 am

Now Knight, I think you'll agree with me on this.
But Higurashi was creepy as hell.
Everything about it, the episodes, the music, the character designs when they were crazy, the dialogue, the music, the camera angles, the characters, and most importantly, the music.

Yeah, what I guess I'm trying to say is that the music is it's biggest creepy factor.
For example, listen to this OST from Higurashi and tell me you don't feel creeped out.

Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:59 am

You said music twice maddy Smile

I dont think i found any anime creepy. Maybe Serial Experiment Lain. Didnt finish it (yet) but its sort of creepy cuz its so weird.

Another was just awesome. Started out mysterious and then became awesome and fun.

Mirai Nikki was a different feeling than Another and even less creepy but also awesome.

The things i seen from higurashi it wasnt creepy neither. My opinion about this anime is alot different than you guys opinion so i wont start.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 am

Only Higurashi I found creepy, but that was because the art was so creepy bad.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Male Posts : 1052
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:02 am

Ovyda wrote:Only Higurashi I found creepy, but that was because the art was so creepy bad.

Damn it stop bringing up the art.
It's ALOT better in Kai.

See:
Creepiest anime? 936full-higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni%3A-kai-screenshot

Daww, I don't like Satoko, but I will admit, she looks adorable in this screen-cap.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

I am surprised. It actually does look better lol. Need to lower my hate towards Higurashi.
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Creepiest anime? 45771l10

This anime called "Shinsekai yori" it really crept me out this anime is similar to "Elfen Lied" but way more twisted, this anime is beyond the point of creepy. If your a Christian I don't think you'd be able to handle this anime. It's the second creepiest anime I ever saw my first being "Death Note".
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:00 am

So apparently I've seen everyones ideas of a creepy anime as I have watched everyone mentioned which doesn't matter since I wasn't after a suggestion anyway.

But that music Maddy, is awesome, it did great at setting the mood in Higurashi. And while I would agree that it is a good watch, personally didn't find it too creepy. There may have been a small part but I'm not sure, hell the part I reacted to the most was the finger nail scene so I didn't find it too creepy.

@Bato I found Lain to be more boring than creepy, I know it is more of a niche anime and I followed most of it until the computer talk got a bit too technical but nothing ever happened. I just don't see it at all.
Meanwhile Another and Mirai Nikki awe struck me, I just wanted to watch more not once did I find it creepy, I found it more to be "I didn't see that coming"

@Jayvon Shinsekai Yori certainly has a creepy air to it, the atmosphere seems to be right at least and some of the tales mentioned in the first couple of eps are really intriguing. And that episode 19 I think was just great, I definitely felt a shiver but overall it isn't that creepy of a series. I am however jealous of their powers and I love the idea of the Karma demons and Fiends existence. Neither Elfen Lied nor Death Note actually were creepy at all to me.

That is why I find it hard for the horror genre to keep true to its actual description since everyone finds different things scary/creepy.
So no one watched or even checked out the OVA I provided?
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 am

Jayvon wrote:Creepiest anime? 45771l10

This anime called "Shinsekai yori" it really crept me out this anime is similar to "Elfen Lied" but way more twisted, this anime is beyond the point of creepy. If your a Christian I don't think you'd be able to handle this anime. It's the second creepiest anime I ever saw my first being "Death Note".

Yes..

Creepiest anime? Shinsekai_yori_08_2

Creepy..
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by sayWut Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:12 am

I haven't seen any anime that has "creeped" me out the only anime that made me confused as hell and question everything was Higurashi and Shinsekai Yori did have there moments of oddness
sayWut
sayWut
BiriBiri Manager
BiriBiri Manager

Male Posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 am

mmmm theres a lot of creepy manga, but less on the anime, even if they did an adaptation, the good parts were always censored, cut off or wasn't just that delivered well in the anime. One example i can think of right now is Tasogare X amnesia, it started off as sort of a light romance but it slowly turned out to be creepy as the story goes deep. I've watched the anime, it was great, but it didn't deliver the creepy scenes that well IMO.

Manga:
Spoiler:

Anime:
Spoiler:

Also Fate/zero and stay night manga/VN and its anime adaptation. Imma a little glad though that some of the scenes were cut off in the anime though XD
manga:
Spoiler:

couldn't find any creepy scenes AT ALL in the anime.. well except for the s3x scenes... get suddenly sucked in a weird dimension and fight dragons and magical dolphins while the MC is screwing his partner.

anyway other animes i found creepy
monster, ghost hound, shiki, another, school days, umineko,Seikon no Quaser,Boku no Pico aaaand that old girly anime that i can't remember the name that promotes pedophillia

MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Bato Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:31 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:@Bato I found Lain to be more boring than creepy, I know it is more of a niche anime and I followed most of it until the computer talk got a bit too technical but nothing ever happened. I just don't see it at all.
Meanwhile Another and Mirai Nikki awe struck me, I just wanted to watch more not once did I find it creepy, I found it more to be "I didn't see that coming"

I agree it was kind of boring and i still have it on hold for months now. But Mirai Nikki and Another i just cant call them creepy. In Another there were creepy moments with the dolls but overall that creepy feeling became more like an awesome feeling to me.
Bato
Bato
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 852

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:44 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:mmmm theres a lot of creepy manga, but less on the anime, even if they did an adaptation, the good parts were always censored, cut off or wasn't just that delivered well in the anime. One example i can think of right now is Tasogare X amnesia, it started off as sort of a light romance but it slowly turned out to be creepy as the story goes deep. I've watched the anime, it was great, but it didn't deliver the creepy scenes that well IMO.

Manga:
Spoiler:

Anime:
Spoiler:

monster, ghost hound, shiki, another, school days, umineko,Seikon no Quaser,Boku no Pico aaaand that old girly anime that i can't remember the name that promotes pedophillia

Nothing beats this in my opinion:

Creepiest anime? Higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-watanagashi-1137241

>Umineko

Really?
The only thing creepy about it was Maria.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 am

Bato wrote:
Supernatural Knight wrote:@Bato I found Lain to be more boring than creepy, I know it is more of a niche anime and I followed most of it until the computer talk got a bit too technical but nothing ever happened. I just don't see it at all.

I agree it was kind of boring and i still have it on hold for months now. But Mirai Nikki and Another i just cant call them creepy. In Another there were creepy moments with the dolls but overall that creepy feeling became more like an awesome feeling to me.

I managed to watch it all in a day, and it didn't help me really the only reason I had was that the anime cafe deemed that it was the next activity. I've read a couple of comments about it but I just don't see what is creepy about Lain, is there something that affects you more if you understand everything said? sure being alive while online only and the dementia part of it sounds interesting but I think it was just poorly executed.
Those dolls were probably the creepiest thing about Another, since they were focused upon you were left clueless as to what role they would play. Turned out nothing, but going from other series [dolls are empty vessels that spirits can easily possess] they could have potentially become a thrilling section, but the series didn't call for it.

MrYoSo901 wrote:mmmm theres a lot of creepy manga, but less on the anime, even if they did an adaptation, the good parts were always censored, cut off or wasn't just that delivered well in the anime. One example i can think of right now is Tasogare X amnesia, it started off as sort of a light romance but it slowly turned out to be creepy as the story goes deep. I've watched the anime, it was great, but it didn't deliver the creepy scenes that well IMO.

Also Fate/zero and stay night manga/VN and its anime adaptation. Imma a little glad though that some of the scenes were cut off in the anime though XD
couldn't find any creepy scenes AT ALL in the anime.. well except for the s3x scenes... get suddenly sucked in a weird dimension and fight dragons and magical dolphins while the MC is screwing his partner.

That is the problem, we don't want the stuff censored and in a decent show that relies on it it really does ruin the atmosphere. For anime only watchers like myself a mostly uncensored version is needed otherwise it seems like it would have been better to just not include it, because some of those violence censors cover way too much.
I completely forgot about Tasogare, yeah it was a great anime but now I've seen the manga pics I can't help but feel like I've missed out a bit. Although it was sort of creepy given all of the genres they tried to incorporate.

Umm those pics of fate series, they are the first things I've seen that has even made me a little interested in those series and yet they aren't included at all, that sucks. With scenes like that I would have watched it upon hearing about them, it makes me wonder why I haven't seen/heard any fallout from leaving this content out?

I can see Ghost Hound being creepy at least a little, but there was just something missing from that series. Not sure what but everything seemed quite boring even during the more exciting events of it. Although I do have to ask, really School Days?

@Maddy, I like that pic, and if I remember correctly didn't they incorporated it into the anime just it wasn't that well done? I always wondered how she got their because
Spoiler:

Once more I'll ask, did anyone click the vids of the OVA I posted earlier?
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 am

Supernatural Knight wrote:Although I do have to ask, really School Days?

yeah the last episodes creeped me out...
Spoiler:

Supernatural Knight wrote:

im torrenting them right now atm, was gonna DL Shinsekai yori but it was a series and imma out of HD space so yeah put on hold list.

Last edited by MrYoSo901 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:01 am

double post hax
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovyda Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:06 am

Sir Maddy wrote:

Yes..

Creepy..

Maddy, so true...
Ovyda
Ovyda
God of Sport
God of Sport

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 am

Umm those pics of fate series, they are the first things I've seen that has even made me a little interested in those series and yet they aren't included at all, that sucks. With scenes like that I would have watched it upon hearing about them, it makes me wonder why I haven't seen/heard any fallout from leaving this content out?

well its pretty reasonable.. You can't exactly show on tv a loli being tentacled raped by a bunch of worms that is shaped like a d!ck, a bunch of kids gutted and mutilated all over the place while the guys doing them are having a fun time with a huge smile in their faces, a sex slave adopted daughter, and the replenishing of mana through smex. Some of the fans were glad that they were left out.
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Ovyda wrote:
Sir Maddy wrote:

Yes..

Creepy..

Maddy, so true...

Yea this was the main thing that gave me chills and those rat people they got running around killing each other is mad weird and their hole society is just fucked up. But these are the kinds of anime that give me the most thrill and I'm not talking about the Homo part so don't get the wrong idea.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:21 pm

^ Oh come on, more hate for Shinsekai simply because they allowed for the option of same gender couples? Why is it that so many people found this scene and what I think may have been 1 or 2 more so off putting anyway? So what, they have the two boys kiss once and have them in a relationship it doesn't last long, doesn't bombard all the screen time, and there generally isn't any complaining about the girls being in a relationship. I've said this more than enough times in other threads but still, double standards guys, don't complain about the guys being together if you were basically cheering for the girls to have more screen time. Although still finding this kind of thing offensive in such a progressed, open, and accepting civilisation is kind of sad, sure you didn't expect to see it but don't let that become the only complaint and sole focus upon the series being terrible.

Okay so I went a bit off topic there but still addressing those kinds of hatred is necessary I think.

Anyway back on topic

MrYoSo901 wrote:
Supernatural Knight wrote:Although I do have to ask, really School Days?

yeah the last episodes creeped me out...
Spoiler:

im torrenting them right now atm, was gonna DL Shinsekai yori but it was a series and imma out of HD space so yeah put on hold list.

Ah those scenes of course, but you didn't find the first one to be out of her pure love, if anything it shows her dedication to him. I guess those scenes meant nothing to me because I found the series absolutely boring that I would have preferred to stare at a wall for 6 hours and search them on youtube [which I still did 5+ times each plus the VN's bad ends].

Shinsekai is an ongoing series for now just so you know.

MrYoSo901 wrote:

well its pretty reasonable.. You can't exactly show on tv a loli being tentacled raped by a bunch of worms that is shaped like a d!ck, a bunch of kids gutted and mutilated all over the place while the guys doing them are having a fun time with a huge smile in their faces, a sex slave adopted daughter, and the replenishing of mana through smex. Some of the fans were glad that they were left out.

Eh, why not? The scenes that I would of like in there were the violent ones you posted, omit the tentacle rape and the mana refreshing all they want as far as I'm concerned.
The gutting would have been a nice challenge to animate well, and if pulled off imagine how memorable this series could be. It would probably be one of those scenes that people never forget and have to tell others about. Yeah I like the violent side if horror anime, so it is no surprise that I'd want to see this, but with the exclusion of these scenes it isn't even a horror series, kind of disappointing really.
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Eh, why not? The scenes that I would of like in there were the violent ones you posted, omit the tentacle rape and the mana refreshing all they want as far as I'm concerned.
The gutting would have been a nice challenge to animate well, and if pulled off imagine how memorable this series could be. It would probably be one of those scenes that people never forget and have to tell others about. Yeah I like the violent side if horror anime, so it is no surprise that I'd want to see this, but with the exclusion of these scenes it isn't even a horror series, kind of disappointing really.

well they did include it but it has been greatly toned down...
Spoiler:
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayvon Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 am

@Supernatural Knight, I don't remember saying anything bad about the series, I think the series is a master piece I'm just saying it's also one of the creepiest animes I've ever seen because of these weird scenes and the and their messed up society. This anime is creepy period, but just because a series is creepy doesn't make it bad I also think Shinsekai Yori is extremely underrated I think it has the best storyline in 2012/2013. But I think the reason for it's relatively low ratings is because of the homo part it probably shocked a lot of guys and girl on girl action was normal in an anime and also in reality I see 2 girls kiss at parties all the time. But the boy on boy action just freaked some dudes out real men like myself just can't handle that LOL not trying to be a homo racist or anything, I'm just telling it how it is.
Jayvon
Jayvon
Bronze Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Noobs Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:05 am

does h-anime count?

as im into tentacle + rape genre

mahou shoujo ai really creeps me out. the way their faces are shown send chills to my spine and also while im typing this message.
Noobs
Noobs
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 470
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Supernatural Knight Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:19 am

Jayvon wrote:@Supernatural Knight, I don't remember saying anything bad about the series, I think the series is a master piece I'm just saying it's also one of the creepiest animes I've ever seen because of these weird scenes and the and their messed up society. This anime is creepy period, but just because a series is creepy doesn't make it bad I also think Shinsekai Yori is extremely underrated I think it has the best storyline in 2012/2013. But I think the reason for it's relatively low ratings is because of the homo part it probably shocked a lot of guys and girl on girl action was normal in an anime and also in reality I see 2 girls kiss at parties all the time. But the boy on boy action just freaked some dudes out real men like myself just can't handle that LOL not trying to be a homo racist or anything, I'm just telling it how it is.
Perhaps I misread your post originally, but it was a more in general type of thing for my mini rant as I have seen too many negative comments about it based upon that one scene. Turns out that there are actually quite a few MAL reviews where people have already rated it 10, but still the sheer amount of homophobic comments I've simply seen has been surprisingly large. The appropriate reaction would be "didn't see that coming", but I've seen many comments with "disturbing" and "disgusting" and also "sickening" being the main focal point. I didn't mean to make it seem like I bit your head off in my response, it was just that it was one with a slight example in it as provided by the quote [and what I thought I initially read]

So yes the series has its creepy moments in it, but no maddy it isn't when the guys are making out.

Now for more creepy talk

MrYoSo901 wrote:

well they did include it but it has been greatly toned down...
Spoiler:

I like that character, he seems like an interesting person to have as a player and yes it is horribly censored as you couldn't even see the corpses or the head roll away. But the kid wasn't even killed onscreen so this interests me but also doesn't, stupid censors.

Noobs wrote:does h-anime count?

as im into tentacle + rape genre

mahou shoujo ai really creeps me out. the way their faces are shown send chills to my spine and also while im typing this message.

I don't see why not, as long as it isn't just a hentai, and according to MAL it isn't. But um, I have to know just to make sure considering where this one comes from, what do you mean the way the faces are shown?
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:48 am

Probably just awkward character art.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next