JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What makes Harem Anime so appealing?

+25
Natsuru-san
Blazer
plantkingman
Doomguy
higurashi_conan
IloveHolo
Nyako~Mayushii
LunarLexal
Mayes
mageman603
Androgynous
DemonEyesJoe
Dcmac
Nim
BRC
L3GION
Valvatorez
johnstang2
MacMeaties
Metazoxan
ladyalchemist85
Paper Tiger
bedheadred
MrLincecum
Sir Maddy
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What makes Harem Anime so appealing? - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes Harem Anime so appealing?

Post by IloveHolo Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am

Sir Maddy wrote:Self-explanatory.
Why is the Harem Genre so appealing towards the Anime fans?

Honestly, a big factor for me is that harems usually have multiple character types. The protagonist is able to choose between these characters, and the viewer(or reader) will usually develop a liking towards one character or another. Even if the protagonist's choice of girl is obvious a lot of times, the viewer will want to root for a relationship between the character of his/her choice and the protagonist.

Also, harem-anime adaptations come from romance visual novels, a lot of times. If the series is thoroughly enjoyable, one can go play the VN to pursue relationships will all of the characters. This allows for satisfaction with the series and further development of characters. This will create a longer lasting, favorable memory of the series. Replays/rewatches are more likely when you love a series.

Also, what Nim said.
IloveHolo
IloveHolo
Lab Member

Male Posts : 36

Back to top Go down

What makes Harem Anime so appealing? - Page 2 Empty Re: What makes Harem Anime so appealing?

Post by higurashi_conan Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:57 pm

im ok with harems but they mostly just tick me off like the main character of shuffle and infinite stratos
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 pm

So long as the characters interact well with each other then they're all right. Just a few things bug me so much. One is excessive fan service, I have no tolerance for it . Two... first girl wins by default. I mean come on really?
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:12 pm

The humor is what makes harems so appealing. Not to mention the antics of the characters adds to the humor.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 pm

i think its also appealing becasue most guy, want to be surounded with women and fought over, idk, makes you feel loved i guess? (if you wernt a total ditz and were in that postion
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Harems are appealing cuz you see moar than 1 naked gurl.

On a serious note, it's most likely because each kind of guy has a girl to root for and cheer on. It gives the guys a connection to what kind of girl they would like to have or something like that. I think..
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Blazer wrote:Harems are appealing cuz you see moar than 1 naked gurl.

On a serious note, it's most likely because each kind of guy has a girl to root for and cheer on. It gives the guys a connection to what kind of girl they would like to have or something like that. I think..

not that it matters, they never pick ANY OF THEM
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm

The comedy and sitchs is what makes it appealing imo.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:The comedy and sitchs is what makes it appealing imo.

since your a girl (if you really are, who knows with all the gender transforming), i think you would know best. not that im interested at all, but are there any....reverse harems? aside from oruan high school host club? idk if thats really a harem though. but, where instead of girls being all over 1 guy, a bunch of guys all over 1 girl.

i cant recall ever seeing anything like that...i can only imagine...if boobs are always on a guys face....then...oh god silent
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Doomguy Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:The comedy and sitchs is what makes it appealing imo.

since your a girl (if you really are, who knows with all the gender transforming), i think you would know best. not that im interested at all, but are there any....reverse harems? aside from oruan high school host club? idk if thats really a harem though. but, where instead of girls being all over 1 guy, a bunch of guys all over 1 girl.

i cant recall ever seeing anything like that...i can only imagine...if boobs are always on a guys face....then...oh god silent

I'm not entirely sure but maybe Pretear? Too lazy to check it up but I have seen a couple reverse harems. Not watched just heard of so they are out there.
Doomguy
Doomguy
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 492
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by higurashi_conan Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 pm

i got on thing with harems just dont act like Makoto from School Days if you get a harem

btw since we ar talking about harems know any real people that are tsundere or moe
higurashi_conan
higurashi_conan
Gillian

Male Posts : 87
The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Blazer Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:00 am

Comedy from them is great too...I won't deny it..but I do agree that it's rare to see a good ending in a Harem anime.
Blazer
Blazer
Saiya-Jin

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club

Back to top Go down

Post by plantkingman Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:46 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:

That's true in most harems.
plantkingman
plantkingman
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by darkstar2k1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:07 am

hmmmm, I think I have to agree with the main character being the deciding factor to a harem :p for example 'The world god only knows' way to funny to hate xD
darkstar2k1
darkstar2k1
Academy Student

Male Posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:

I know what you mean. Even when they do pick one is is always the first girl that he clearly liked more than the others from the very start. I have made it a sort of quest to find any harem series (either anime or manga) that has a true harem ending. Not an open ended one with him picking no one, not an ending where he chooses one and leaves the others behind, I mean a REAL FREAKING HAREM!!!! So far the closest I have found is the ongoing series to love ru: darkness. Part of the plot revolves around the creation of a harem. There was also Tenchi Muyo GXP which ended in harem. There was also a manga called Yomeiro Choice which kinda had a harem ending. But those are the only ones I know of. And the later two of three I mentioned never actually state it to be a harem they just kinda heavily imply it.

Spoiler:
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Maddy dislikes Harem but loves Yuri. My brain doesn't know how to process that.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Blue Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 pm

It's because Maddy's in denial. One of her favorite anime is a harem.
Roy Blue
Roy Blue
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:40 pm

darkstar2k1 wrote:hmmmm, I think I have to agree with the main character being the deciding factor to a harem :p for example 'The world god only knows' way to funny to hate xD

Yay, someone agrees with me.

@ Blue:
What is it?
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Maddy Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 am

Sporadic wrote:Maddy dislikes Harem but loves Yuri. My brain doesn't know how to process that.
It should be simple.
I don't like it when one guy gets girls all over him.
I like Yuri because it's hotter than het or Yaoi.

Roy Blue wrote:It's because Maddy's in denial. One of her favorite anime is a harem.

It's not a harem okay. ;_;
It has a love triangle.
Sir Maddy
Sir Maddy
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 1017
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club Film Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy Blue Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Haha, I'm just messing with you Maddy. I kinda hate harem too; it's overdone. I'm fine when the story is more overpowering than the prospect of the harem, like Steins;Gate or Clannad.

I just can't stand the ones that are all about "who does he truly love?" or "how many love affairs can he get away with?". Romance anime isn't my favorite genre to begin with, but Harem is the worst.
Roy Blue
Roy Blue
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginger7327 Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 am

Blazer wrote:Comedy from them is great too...I won't deny it..but I do agree that it's rare to see a good ending in a Harem anime.

With the Harem anime I watch this is completely true. There isn't just a bad ending, but usually no ending at all.
I do watch it though because it is funny a lot of the times and I usually cheer on the tsundere (or the redhead, if there is one).
Ginger7327
Ginger7327
Bronze Saint

Male Posts : 132
The Anime Cafe The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2