JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date A Live Discussion Thread

+11
DemonEyesJoe
Metazoxan
Bato
Natsu Dragneel
Hikikomori
Nim
Sir Maddy
Natsuru-san
Ovyda
Blazer
Keiichi Morisato
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Date A Live Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Date A Live Discussion Thread

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Keiichi Morisato wrote:Some people who have already watched the preair are commenting that this is taking the harem route. I really dont want to see that bc reall its going to ruin the story.
IDK what Kotori and team did to revive Shido but it was weird and still dk how Shido knew to push Tohka outta the way.

well you knew form the start this was going to be a harem series right? I mean just looking at the poster you can see I think 5 girls on it. Give it a chance some harems actually do turn out pretty well.
Yeah like Campione! :) Still wanting a S2. :)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Keiichi Morisato wrote:Some people who have already watched the preair are commenting that this is taking the harem route. I really dont want to see that bc reall its going to ruin the story.
IDK what Kotori and team did to revive Shido but it was weird and still dk how Shido knew to push Tohka outta the way.

well you knew form the start this was going to be a harem series right? I mean just looking at the poster you can see I think 5 girls on it. Give it a chance some harems actually do turn out pretty well.

had a feeling it was. Harems dont bother me per say as a genre, I just hate pussy MCs that leave all the girls hanging (as it seems in 98% of them)

Natsuru-san wrote:
Yeah I don't want this to be a harem either unless it's done right but even then not sure. As for pushing her outta the way, well, 3 theories.

1. The mic he had in his ear let him know since they could've transmitted something to him even if it was on a subconscious lv.
2. He saw her before she sniped, maybe it was the lens he saw due to light or something.
3. I have no clue, something else though.

1. I forgot about that earpiece
2. I think he saw light or something gleaming off the gun
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato
Professional Procrastinator

Male Posts : 877
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:48 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

had a feeling it was. Harems dont bother me per say as a genre, I just hate pussy MCs that leave all the girls hanging (as it seems in 98% of them)

True but this series has a couple things going for it. First of all most of the harem cast don't seem to be human. So if he doesn't pick just one in the end there is at least a chance of a true harem ending since those girls don't likely follow what society considers normal or proper (Thus they could easily be very open to the idea). Second he HAS to romantically pursue each spirit as that is the plot. So he can't really be a complete pussy with the girls and will need to make some kinda decision at the end (Though this will likely not happen within a single season). So there is some reason to hope this series will not end up like a lot of harem series.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Metazoxan wrote:
Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:

True but this series has a couple things going for it. First of all most of the harem cast don't seem to be human. So if he doesn't pick just one in the end there is at least a chance of a true harem ending since those girls don't likely follow what society considers normal or proper (Thus they could easily be very open to the idea). Second he HAS to romantically pursue each spirit as that is the plot. So he can't really be a complete pussy with the girls and will need to make some kinda decision at the end (Though this will likely not happen within a single season). So there is some reason to hope this series will not end up like a lot of harem series.

Your arguments...
They are valid.

As far as I know there are 4 volumes of the LN series. Lets hope for another but AIC+ isnt too big on sequels (I want more CPC damn it!)
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Key / Visual Art's Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Keiichi, CPC, is that Cat Planet Cuties cuss if it is then I 110% agree with you. I SOOO want another season of that and a proper ending too.

As for DAL, well one more thing to consider here. There's going to be an OVA so that gives us a few clues.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Keiichi, CPC, is that Cat Planet Cuties cuss if it is then I 110% agree with you. I SOOO want another season of that and a proper ending too.

As for DAL, well one more thing to consider here. There's going to be an OVA so that gives us a few clues.

Yes. AIC+ made Cat Planet Cuties. I loved it! And yeah I know about the OVA (in fukking DECEMBER!)
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm

^ Thought so, after all that's what I shortened it too when I was posting I was watching it. Became too much to type. And Waaa! Yeah, thanks for the reminder that it's in Dec. and not July. :( Why are OVAs months apart from when the anime and more importantly, why is THIS ONE nearly a year apart? Ah well. At least in the mean time we've got DAL and other anime to watch. :)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:Kiri does this mean your also watching this anime with us? Smile
Hikikomori wrote:HQ versions can be found here http://www.animefansftw.com/date-a-live/
This is where I've been Dling the ep.'s
Yes or I wouldn't post here (too many spoilers [as a discussion thread should have])
Hikikomori
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 am

Haha good point and *facepalm* I read you say that but completely forgot you said that so uh, yeah. (Soo wish I had a photographic memory)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hikikomori Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:15 pm

Man I'm starting to feel bad for the MC. He's getting a forced harem. Also I want to strangle that puppet like Tohka did.
Hikikomori
Hikikomori
Silver Saint

Designing Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:13 am

Hikikomori wrote:Man I'm starting to feel bad for the MC. He's getting a forced harem. Also I want to strangle that puppet like Tohka did.

Might I add that damn Tobiichi is jealous, they barely know each other (well Tohka and Shido barely know each other too) but still as calm as Tobiichi is you wouldnt think she gets jealous like that. I think shido needs to explain the plan to her. For all we know, she'd probably understand and Tohka showing up at the most in opportune time. Now her I can see getting extremely jealous, and she did.

Also there is one side character girl that all she says is he or she makes me sick. Saying nothing but that is making me sick!

Date A Live Discussion Thread - Page 5 66850_491210820944357_690966579_n

People that have already seen the Ep 5 raw
!!!! EPISODE 5 SPOILERS, OPEN AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!:
I've seen images from it already and read some reviews, which i probably shouldnt have but i cant wait to see it. Some are getting disappointed that this is taking the harem route. IDK what to say about that yet...

Date A Live Discussion Thread - Page 5 1zxqk9z

EPISODE 4 SCREENSHOTS :
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Date A Live Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Date A Live PS3 Game's 5-Minute Promo Streamed

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:51 am

Anime News Network wrote:
Game developer Compile Heart began streaming the second promotional video for its Date A Live ~Rinne Utopia~ video game for PlayStation 3. The video features the main theme song "Date in Utopia" by sweet ARMS (a unit formed by voice actresses Iori Nomizu, Misuzu Togashi, Kaori Sadohara, and Misato).

All of the cast from the anime adaptation of Koushi Tachibana's light novel series will be returning for this "spirit-capturing adventure" game. In addition, Kana Hanazawa (Kobato., Sketchbook ~full color'S~) will play the new titular character Rinne.

The "spirit-capturing" game allows the player to interact with all of the heroines in a school setting. According to a teaser by the light novels' publisher Enterbrain, players can also go beyond the “date,” and even see their love interest as a pregnant wife in the future after marriage.

The game will ship on June 27. The limited edition will come with a special book that features Tachibana's Rinne Bathtime novel and previously unreleased illustrations, as well as an original drama CD. People who pre-order the game will also receive a separate drama CD.
ANN
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by MacMeaties Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:53 am

IF we get an ending to this show I want him to pick Tohka or else I'm setting fire to stuff. Tobiichi seems like she has been stalking Shido so I think her getting jealous isn't that odd, just makes her more creepy lol.

Spoiler from when I read character bios on MAL.
Spoiler:
MacMeaties
MacMeaties
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 130
The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 pm

Tobiichi is really starting to amuse me. I didn't like her at first because she looked like a typical "Revenge" character (Something I have really grown tired of after Sasuke killed it) but she seems to be half dropping the whole revenge thing after killing Shido. Plus the ever growing hints that she has been stalking Shido for a very long time are amusingly creepy. Still don't like how the sister switches personalities but at least they had her switch back for a little bit showing that she didn't completely abandon her other face. I'm also liking how while Tohka's reactions are a little cliche they aren't exaggeratedly so. When he walks in on her bathing she simply hits him and that is it there isn't a massive over the top freak out scene just a fairly natural reaction. When she sees the kiss she is very understandably upset but she actually holds herself together fairly well considering.

Over all this series is a cliche harem series but it feels like the writers are trying to be a little different at the same time. Half the scenes are what I expected them to be but they still feel a little different. You knew the argument was going to make bunny girl run away but you didn't know it was going to be purely by accident due to Tohka not knowing how important the puppet was. So while it's no master piece it does deserve at least some praise based on what I've seen so far.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:39 pm

MacMeaties wrote:IF we get an ending to this show I want him to pick Tohka or else I'm setting fire to stuff. Tobiichi seems like she has been stalking Shido so I think her getting jealous isn't that odd, just makes her more creepy lol.

My torch is ready, its been lit since the end or OreShura....
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:23 pm

For Natsuru-san or anyone else wanting an HD stream.

Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:For Natsuru-san or anyone else wanting an HD stream.

thanks.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:12 am

Keiichi Morisato wrote:For Natsuru-san or anyone else wanting an HD stream.

Arigato Keiichi. :) Was probably going to search for this later today but you saved me the trouble. I will watch it later though since I got stuff to get done. Looking forward to it though. :)
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:48 am

No problem and it gives me video encoding practice anyway.
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 pm

I see you removed the vid Keiichi.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:07 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:I see you removed the vid Keiichi.

YT Cockblocked it

Alt http://www.videoslasher.com/video/294ZDTMWONBZ
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Keiichi Morisato wrote:
Natsuru-san wrote:I see you removed the vid Keiichi.

YT Cockblocked it

Alt http://www.videoslasher.com/video/294ZDTMWONBZ
Ah I see so in other words they removed it and said you removed it? YT I love you but also dislike you at time's. I recently found out they removed the OP song for Oreshura (Girlish Lover) which is one of my fav songs but they left the ED song and to top it all off while I like the ending song it's not as good as the OP song.
Anyway just letting you know there's some lag a bit and it's only half the ep. (11 or so mins) Don't know if you were aware of any of that or not but figured I'd mention it incase. Btw the lag isn't too bad but still noticeable.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiichi Morisato Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:40 pm

They blocked it bc of the op. Was blocked globally so i deleted it. Not like anyone could watch it.

Date A Live Discussion Thread - Page 5 TvIBhMH

http://dubtopian-review.eu/topic/date-a-live-discussion/

Do not use this thread anymore!!! Go to the new one!
Keiichi Morisato
Keiichi Morisato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5