JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film

2 posters

Go down

Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film Empty Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film

Post by BK-201 Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:53 am

Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film
posted on 2013-03-21 04:48 GMT

Magical girl collaboration between anime studio & car maker already has net anime

Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film 28280-pleiadas_movie_header

Anime studio Gainax announced at Tokyo International Anime Fair on Thursday that it is producing a theatrical film version of Hōkago no Pleiades, its anime collaboration with the car maker Subaru, as its next stage in 2013.

The story centers around an afterschool club of magical girls who help recover fragments so that an alien from Pleiades can return home. The Pleiades is the English name for the star cluster that the Japanese call "Subaru" — the origin of the car maker's name and six-star logo. Subaru and Gainax streamed the original anime online with English subtitles.

The original net anime's staff includes director Shouji Saeki (Mahoromatic: Tadaima Okaeri, Strike Witches 2 episode storyboarder), concept artist and original character designer Daisuke Kikuchi (Gurren Lagann, Mahoromatic: Tadaima Okaeri), and character designer Mai Otsuka (Shakugan no Shana, Hanamaru Kindergarten). Also involved are art director Hiroshi Kato (Evangelion Shin Gekijōban: Jo/Ha, Gunbuster 2), director of photography Toyonori Yamada (Gurren Lagann, Hanamaru Kindergarten), and color key artist Chie Yoshimura (Chō Gekijōban Keroro Gunsō, The Big O).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-03-21/gainax-and-subaru-hokago-no-pleiades-anime-gets-film

The ONA series is on youtube, so here they are:

Wish Upon the Pleiades (Hokago no Pleiades) 1st night [Official English sub]
Spoiler:

Wish Upon the Pleiades (Hokago no Pleiades) 2nd night [Official English sub]
Spoiler:

Wish Upon the Pleiades (Hokago no Pleiades) 3rd night [Official English sub]
Spoiler:

Wish Upon the Pleiades (Hokago no Pleiades) 4th night [Official English sub]
Spoiler:
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film Empty Re: Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film

Post by Supernatural Knight Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 am

I watched this last year because I randomly stumbled upon it, and honestly I don't see the point in this, it was a crap little ONA series that barely deserves the 6 mins each episode to watch it. Also it was meant to advertise Subaru yet the only mention I even remember was that their names were those of the cars.

I think I would of much preferred a car advertisement movie from either the next a class, or PES peace eco smile. at least they both shown the actual car that they were meant to be advertising. The only decent point about it was that the animation wasn't too bad, otherwise it is just garbage.
If they have the funds to waste on something like this then why not spend it on something better?
Supernatural Knight
Supernatural Knight
Shinigami

Male Posts : 206
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film Empty Re: Gainax & Subaru's Hōkago no Pleiades Anime Gets Film

Post by BK-201 Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:55 am

For those that don't know what Knight is refering to, here are the videos:

NEXT A-Class

PES (Peace Eco Smile)
BK-201
BK-201
Shinigami

Male Posts : 247
The Anime Cafe Key / Visual Art's Club Designing Club Film Club i4Japan The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down