JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon X and Y

+12
Colme
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Doomguy
DemonEyesJoe
Sir Maddy
Natsuru-san
Valvatorez
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Wampa
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pokemon X and Y - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon X and Y

Post by Valvatorez Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Those looked like something you would see in Monster Quest or something of that nature.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonEyesJoe Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:08 pm

anyone think it might be a normal type? i havnt played Pokemon since crystal, but the moves used look normal type, trump-card being one of them. (even if its a bizzare move)

also, the bulbapedia mentions that evee cant learn any "normal" normal attacks. so, if this eeveeolves into normal, wouldnt that open up all those new skillsets?

also, wik

also also

its name means nymph, and being a celestial goddess's of...well, every natural element, including light and dark, it makes sence that it would be a normal type

There are 5 different types of nymphs, Celestial Nymphs, Water Nymphs, Land Nymphs, Plant Nymphs and Underworld Nymphs
DemonEyesJoe
DemonEyesJoe
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 997
Key / Visual Art's Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:55 pm

DemonEyesJoe wrote:anyone think it might be a normal type? i havnt played Pokemon since crystal, but the moves used look normal type, trump-card being one of them. (even if its a bizzare move)

I'm still convinced it's light, but I'd like that too.

I wonder if that'd mean it'd be a normal lvl-up based evolution then, unless they introduce some sort of "normal stone".

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Male Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:17 pm

watermonkey319 wrote:I wonder if that'd mean it'd be a normal lvl-up based evolution then, unless they introduce some sort of "normal stone".

"By George if only we'd realized sooner that touching a common rock to a eevee turned it into a digimon!"
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shogun13 Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Colme wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:I didn't play any of them. What was wrong?

In B/W the plot addressed the "pokemon as fighting animals" subtext by having a "villainous team" that was essentially [Team rocket + PETA]. Then they ruined it by having the "twist" be that they never actually wanted to free all pokemon, they just wanted to take over the world using them, as usual. Even before they ruined it the plot was dealing with Team Plasma's suggestion of capturing pokemon being wrong with "well everyone has different opinions," which was pretty lame by itself.

The reason B/W2 is worse is because you're the sidekick. Your rival talks for you, fights most of the enemies, and other characters talk around you (the player character) by constantly talking to each other and ignoring you. The rival (read: main character who you don't play as) has a pretty dumb character arc too. Also, Team Plasma has forgone all of the possible complexity at this point and just become straight up evil for teh lols.
I'm going to disagree with Colme here (!). I found the twist to be that it is instead the equivalent of the thing the NRA fights against (they take all of the weapons so tyranny), which made it equally amusing to me. Also it was just that the head person was actually doing that, the person who was the face of it immediately said that he doesn't support that. I feel like the everyone having different opinions is them trying to inject moral relativism, which isn't bad, it makes them somewhat truer.
I agree on the backseat narrative thing there. Though plasma's separated into two, so one is just the straight up evil for teh lulz, and the other tries to help at least once.
I find B/W better than D/P because at least they're not trying to make a new universe.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by MrYoSo901 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:22 pm

teh new evee looks like a cousin of kyuubey lol
MrYoSo901
MrYoSo901
Shinigami

The Anime Cafe Designing Club The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:20 am

MrYoSo901 wrote:teh new evee looks like a cousin of kyuubey lol

herp derp

Pokemon X and Y - Page 2 Tumblr_mi7qctF8cu1rpz2pgo1_500

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 am

^ Lol I really like it, no maybe even love it. Smile
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Female Posts : 707
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club i4Japan The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 am

Shogun13 wrote:I found the twist to be that it is instead the equivalent of the thing the NRA fights against (they take all of the weapons so tyranny), which made it equally amusing to me. Also it was just that the head person was actually doing that, the person who was the face of it immediately said that he doesn't support that. I feel like the everyone having different opinions is them trying to inject moral relativism, which isn't bad, it makes them somewhat truer.
I agree on the backseat narrative thing there. Though plasma's separated into two, so one is just the straight up evil for teh lulz, and the other tries to help at least once.
I find B/W better than D/P because at least they're not trying to make a new universe.

Le gasp!

That's an interesting interpretation, and I would have liked to play the game you're talking about. Razz

Even beside the various plot issues, I still prefer D/P. D/P was pretty plot light in comparison, so while the villainous team was weak in terms of concept, I could just ignore them and enjoy them as a detour on a greater adventure. You might have noticed this, but I find that the new games set you on a "straight line" with little opportunity for exploration. Although there are shades of this in D/P, B/W does away with the pretense and just has you go in a straight line between cities arranged in a circle.

My favourite route in a pokemon game is the one between the first and second gym in Gold/Silver. Although it technically begins and ends in the same places, it's huge and offers plenty of opportunity for different approaches and exploration. In the same fashion the large sprawling "dungeons" (think Sliph Co., or the Team Aqua/Magma base for example) are gone and replaced with "straight lines" like the Dragonspiral Tower; this seems related to the fact the puzzle elements of the game involving HMs are also gone.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:48 am

Colme wrote:; this seems related to the fact the puzzle elements of the game involving HMs are also gone.

Was I the only one who always messed up those supplemental, on "Stength/Boulder Pushing" puzzles?

Every time I'd see an item I had just accidentally irreversibly blocked the path of I'd think, "Shit, that's probably Mew/Surfing Pikachu/the key to Bill's secret garden".

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:57 pm

watermonkey319 wrote:Every time I'd see an item I had just accidentally irreversibly blocked the path of I'd think, "Shit, that's probably Mew/Surfing Pikachu/the key to Bill's secret garden".

Maybe you were. Razz I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything you could permanently block a path to since boulders just reset when you leave the area.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by watermonkey319 Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Colme wrote:
watermonkey319 wrote:Every time I'd see an item I had just accidentally irreversibly blocked the path of I'd think, "Shit, that's probably Mew/Surfing Pikachu/the key to Bill's secret garden".

Maybe you were. Razz I'm pretty sure there wasn't anything you could permanently block a path to since boulders just reset when you leave the area.

Really? I could've sworn I remember unnecessary extra items like Full Heals and Hyper Potions scattered around areas that you could permanently block off. Like, if you ever wanted to do another prestige tour around the world again, I remember just being able to walk through caves with the paths cleared by past me.

watermonkey319
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:13 pm

watermonkey319 wrote:Really? I could've sworn I remember unnecessary extra items like Full Heals and Hyper Potions scattered around areas that you could permanently block off. Like, if you ever wanted to do another prestige tour around the world again, I remember just being able to walk through caves with the paths cleared by past me.

Yeah, but none of the solutions to the main paths block off other items, except maybe in Gen 1 in a few caves.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 pm

new pokemon revealed
Pokemon X and Y - Page 2 Mewtwof

Although info onit is still unconfirmed Serebii is fairly sure it is a new form of Mewtwo to go with the new movie he is going to be in.

it looks..... weird. Kinda reminds me of a cross between Majin Buu and Mewtwo. What is Majin Buu going to appear, eat Mewtwo, and attack everyone?

Glad they are giving mewtwo some focus again though. Mewtwo was one of the best pokemon ever during Gen 1 then kinda just became an old relic at some point. With so many newer Legendaries Mewtwo needed something to get back in the spotlight.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonononoki Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Mewthree! ;D
Nonononoki
Nonononoki
Shinigami

Male Posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Nonononoki wrote:Mewthree! ;D

I doubt his name will be mew three (however half the people who obtain him ingame will probably nickname him that) it will probably just be Mewtwo (Rebirth form) or something like that.

Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Metazoxan wrote:new pokemon revealed

Although info onit is still unconfirmed Serebii is fairly sure it is a new form of Mewtwo to go with the new movie he is going to be in.

it looks..... weird. Kinda reminds me of a cross between Majin Buu and Mewtwo. What is Majin Buu going to appear, eat Mewtwo, and attack everyone?

Glad they are giving mewtwo some focus again though. Mewtwo was one of the best pokemon ever during Gen 1 then kinda just became an old relic at some point. With so many newer Legendaries Mewtwo needed something to get back in the spotlight.

I thought you were talking about that bug looking red one, cause that looks like something out of Digimon hahaha.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:new pokemon revealed

I thought you were talking about that bug looking red one, cause that looks like something out of Digimon hahaha.

No the bug isn't "New" he is from pokemon Black and White. I think his name was Genesect or something.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:46 pm

You'd be right it's name IS Genesect and I have it. Anyway that Mewtwo form reminds me of Arceus with how it's head looks. I believe it's a "Form" change and really I like it so I do hope it's real. Saw it earlier today. I'm not surprised though given what serebii said about the movie with these words "We've yet to see the real Mewtwo" which maybe it meant this or something else, who knows but I wonder how we can get that Mewtwo form if it turns out to be real.
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Natsuru-san wrote:You'd be right it's name IS Genesect and I have it. Anyway that Mewtwo form reminds me of Arceus with how it's head looks. I believe it's a "Form" change and really I like it so I do hope it's real. Saw it earlier today. I'm not surprised though given what serebii said about the movie with these words "We've yet to see the real Mewtwo" which maybe it meant this or something else, who knows but I wonder how we can get that Mewtwo form if it turns out to be real.

The form is real it just isn't confirmed that it is a new form of Mewtwo although given how obvious it is that is more of a technicality than anything.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:42 am

Metazoxan wrote:The form is real it just isn't confirmed that it is a new form of Mewtwo although given how obvious it is that is more of a technicality than anything.

My distaste for "form" changing among pokemon is strange considering my favourite pokemon is Castform, I suppose I just don't like out-of-combat transformations.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:54 am

Colme wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:The form is real it just isn't confirmed that it is a new form of Mewtwo although given how obvious it is that is more of a technicality than anything.

My distaste for "form" changing among pokemon is strange considering my favourite pokemon is Castform, I suppose I just don't like out-of-combat transformations.

Maybe the reason you don't like it is because it is basically evolving but their name doesn't change and they can go back. For Castform they are all his normal form just representing a different kind of weather.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colme Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Maybe the reason you don't like it is because it is basically evolving but their name doesn't change and they can go back. For Castform they are all his normal form just representing a different kind of weather.

Pretty much. Their reversible, so it feels like more of a cop-out.
Colme
Colme
Bronze Saint

The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Phi Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Confirms that Mewtwo form posted earlier to be real. Don't really want to follow the new games too closely, but couldn't resist watching. Laughing

Last edited by Phi on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : +to be real)
Phi
Phi

Male Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Natsuru-san Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah but serebii has yet to confirm that's really a new Mewtwo form and is it me or does that thing look more like a Mew than a Mewtwo? o_O
Natsuru-san
Natsuru-san
Saiya-Jin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: