JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Would You Design Our Mascot?

+53
Keiichi Morisato
Inglorious Gun
Requiem
Jayvon
Taco Party
AlucArd_1590
iH34RTD4RKN3SS
Ginger7327
Hikikomori
Crazy Potato
JAMSM
Kamn
Shogun13
Shadow_Links
Colme
Sano
plantkingman
Blazer
zerogee
JakDark
mgalekgolo
Belsfir
Wampa
SunshinexKite
Nim
Akira
UVGemini
johnstang2
vashnik
stigma311
BK-201
Skeptical
Yuki Terumi
Grimripper20
LunarLexal
bedheadred
Mylespol
Doomguy
sayWut
Natsuru-san
Jaysp656
Nonononoki
Metazoxan
MrYoSo901
Kusanagi
DemonEyesJoe
Sai
Hatless
Severus
Valvatorez
MiniSiets
joshier
Sporadic
57 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 4 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by johnstang2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:11 am

Geez after reading this thing carefully the only thing that makes sense that matches everyone's criteria is Kami herself. So I ask - why redesign her if you going to make her 'Sister' anyways?
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Male Posts : 1089

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 4 Empty Re: How Would You Design Our Mascot?

Post by UVGemini Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:02 am

I think we should make the new mascot kami's sister, but change the color scheme to blue. We could also give her a new haircut. Kinda like Junko from Demon King Daimao. Maybe a shorter haircut so she looks rebellious. Kinda like everyone at the JD forums! No DCMA take down bullshit is gonna stop us ^-^ We shall rebel against the DCMA people and keep our forum alive!
Spoiler:
UVGemini
UVGemini
Academy Student

Male Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

How Would You Design Our Mascot? - Page 4 Empty RE: How would you design the mascot?

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:36 am

Metazoxan wrote:
MiniSiets wrote:
Severus wrote:i like 78 D Wink
Metazoxan wrote:78 to 86 seem good.
bedheadred wrote:I like 100 >:}
Spoiler:
Sigh, no shame. 75-78 is plenty. Got a bunch of Darus in here, yeesh. Maybe I should reconsider supporting Karma and Sai's idea if we're going to be stuck debating the technicalities of her boob size all day. Really all we should have to tell Kaizeru is make her breasts a little bigger than the BRS baseline concept and that should be sufficient. Any more specific than that and we're seriously just splitting hairs.

We should try to keep our design concepts fairly generalized so Kaizeru at least has some degree of creative freedom.

Metazoxan wrote:So can anyone else think of something interesting to add to the new mascot to make her more unique? BTW what hair style do you guys want to give her? I was thinking maybe something like this
Spoiler:
Since Kami has long hair maybe a shorter hair style would be good.
I like this hair style. And for purposes of matching the color scheme, I would suggest turning the golden bracelet thing (I forget what they're called) black and giving it a little Tron-esque design with blue lines running through it. Would look pretty cool and go well with her visor.
I was just messing around with the breast thing. Also I agree with the color change. I posted that picture just for a general design idea for the hair
Grimripper20 wrote:im not thinking bright blue like a dark shade of blue with purple highlights
Yeah if the new site had a blue theme I would want it to be a very dark blue. Dark to at least the point it is as dark as the purple on JD was if not a little darker.
I do like the blue idea as well and the highlights and the BRS idea is good it would certainly stand out, as far. Although I do think a larger breasts and longer hair would be nice. Kinda like a metamorphosis of the community after it emerges from its cocoon. Show how much we have grown and matured! We are already rebelling against society so lets stand proud and not mind what they think!
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Male Posts : 140

Back to top Go down

Post by Nim Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:48 am

Mascot........

it's not a plural word.....

Thus no group of them.

Has to be female.(wouldn't feel as welcoming if a goku lookalike was the mascot)

She can't look anything like Kami....... That would be a cheap fix.

Long hair(colour has to be similar to the site's)

She shouldn't be a little girl(loli)

She should have a few variations for events.... (Like a St. Patricks day outfit)

Perv specs........(not nesscary)
Boobs should be >75

She should be older than 18.....

Outfits should be classier than ecchi but she still needs a bikini variant.

Nim
Nim
Zombie
Zombie

Male Posts : 161
The Anime Cafe

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 am

Nim wrote:Mascot........

Thus no group of them.

Has to be female.(wouldn't feel as welcoming if a goku lookalike was the mascot)

She should have a few variations for events.... (Like a St. Patricks day outfit)

Boobs should be >75

I agree with this but what would define classy?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 am

Akira wrote:
Nim wrote:Mascot........

Thus no group of them.

Boobs should be >75

I agree with this but what would define classy?

Basically just not a shank.
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:43 am

Ah ok I see what you mean just to clarify I didn't mean to come across that way. I wasn't too sure about what clothing could be used so i didn't mean to imply anything. I was just talking about the character's physical body rather than the clothing. As far as dress if it's classy what about a kimono, or something traditionally worn in japan maybe other eastern nations?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by vashnik Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 am

johnstang2 wrote:Geez after reading this thing carefully the only thing that makes sense that matches everyone's criteria is Kami herself. So I ask - why redesign her if you going to make her 'Sister' anyways?
The sister doesn't mean she has to look exactly like Kami.

I personally think we should at least keep something familiar to Kami for a progressive change instead of a 100% complete redesign, like maybe the facial part. After all, we are the JustDubs family here and seeing how (from what it looks like) all the staff that decided to continue with the JustDubs community all moved over here to keep the community going. We should definitely convey that family aspect through the mascot.
vashnik
vashnik
Lab Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshinexKite Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:25 am

Yo dawg so i herd u like mascots so i made a mascot so you can mascot while you mascot.
Its 3 A.M and I'm trying to avoid working on something humor me here.
Spoiler:
SunshinexKite
SunshinexKite
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:53 pm

I think the family idea is cool but since this is technically a 2nd generation mascot why not a grown up daughter?
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Akira wrote:I think the family idea is cool but since this is technically a 2nd generation mascot why not a grown up daughter?

Then who's the father?
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:13 pm

I think thats really just splitting hairs, but maybe we can make it so some spirit, deity, etc. Gave Kami a daughter? Or maybe have it be a mysterious miracle? I really don't think having to create a father figure for her is necessary, other than for lore purposes...but i suppose it could have its uses for certain family related holidays.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Valvatorez wrote:
Akira wrote:I think the family idea is cool but since this is technically a 2nd generation mascot why not a grown up daughter?

Then who's the father?

Akira wrote:I think thats really just splitting hairs, but maybe we can make it so some spirit, deity, etc. Gave Kami a daughter? Or maybe have it be a mysterious miracle? I really don't think having to create a father figure for her is necessary, other than for lore purposes...but i suppose it could have its uses for certain family related holidays.
Besides there are plenty of single Mom's out there. There are even plenty of children that unfortunately don't rightly know who their Father is. There are even children whose parent died at an early age.

In short the Father is not really needed.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:43 pm

johnstang2 wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Then who's the father?

Akira wrote:I think thats really just splitting hairs, but maybe we can make it so some spirit, deity, etc. Gave Kami a daughter? Or maybe have it be a mysterious miracle? I really don't think having to create a father figure for her is necessary, other than for lore purposes...but i suppose it could have its uses for certain family related holidays.
Besides there are plenty of single Mom's out there. There are even plenty of children that unfortunately don't rightly know who their Father is. There are even children whose parent died at an early age.

Maybe but why over complicate it? Being a sister will be just fine and it avoid people asking stupid questions like "Who is the father".
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:46 pm

That's true and the sister idea still does go along with a new start.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Valvatorez Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm

johnstang2 wrote:
Valvatorez wrote:

Then who's the father?

Then I have dibs on Baby daddy.
Valvatorez
Valvatorez
Yuri Lover
Yuri Lover

Female Posts : 635
The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by LunarLexal Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Sister is just fine, I think.
LunarLexal
LunarLexal
Adjuchas

Male Posts : 565
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Metazoxan wrote:Maybe but why over complicate it? Being a sister will be just fine and it avoid people asking stupid questions like "Who is the father".

^This

I don't really see the need to say who the new mascots parents are, besides i highly doubt that anyone knows who Kami's parents were - and i highly doubt anyone really asked? However i could always be wrong... Suspect

Skeptical
Academy Student

Male Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Metazoxan Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Skeptical wrote:
Metazoxan wrote:Maybe but why over complicate it? Being a sister will be just fine and it avoid people asking stupid questions like "Who is the father".

^This

I don't really see the need to say who the new mascots parents are, besides i highly doubt that anyone knows who Kami's parents were - and i highly doubt anyone really asked? However i could always be wrong... Suspect

Well she was a mascot with pretty much no real backstory. So it was understood that she existed for the site and that was it. There was no reason to ask. But if we made a new one and make it Kami's daughter then we would have to answer all the questions that makes (Like who the father is). If it is just a sister then that makes it much easier.
Metazoxan
Metazoxan
Saiya-Jin

Male Posts : 793
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:05 pm

That's true I just thought it was a idea worth mulling over so I brought it up. But it might just be simpler to go with sister, so we don't have to worry about the back-story so much.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by johnstang2 Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:15 pm

Besides isn't what being created like a 'sister' of JD in the first place. So to have Kami's 'sister' as the mascot would be sorta appropriate but I might be over thinking things a bit.
johnstang2
johnstang2
Vasto Lorde

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Well yeah whats being created would be along the sister but more like a successor really a sister site would be something made in parallel like say justdubs has a sister site name justsubs. But yeah it can be spun either way sister or successor really.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 pm

I would personally go with the sister idea, this allows us create something similar to Kami but completely different. It's kind of like what's going on with the site, it's something similar but completely different - which is good as i believe it's best to create something that could potentially surpass the original instead of always living in it's shadow (if that even makes sense?).

Skeptical
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Akira Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Skeptical wrote:I would personally go with the sister idea, this allows us create something similar to Kami but completely different. It's kind of like what's going on with the site, it's something similar but completely different - which is good as i believe it's best to create something that could potentially surpass the original instead of always living in it's shadow (if that even makes sense?).

But couldn't being a sister also do that? I mean i like the idea but any way we spin it it will take some time to surpass what we had.
Akira
Akira
Shinsengumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptical Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 pm

You're right it will take awhile to surpass the previous website but i say it's more than possible. Also i did say i agree with the sister idea Razz

Skeptical
Academy Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next