JustDubs Online No Subs Just Dubs JustDubsOnline.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Truth of JustDubs and Noey! :3

+12
Shogun13
Phi
Jaysp656
bedheadred
Metazoxan
Severus
sayWut
BK-201
Autum D. Macabre
- The Rose -
Tomoyo's Angel
morningfever
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Truth of JustDubs and Noey! :3 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Truth of JustDubs and Noey! :3

Post by Phi Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 pm

And I'm closing this thread now.

bedheadred wrote:This was posted right when Mega went down, before JD merged with Dubbinz. Of course, he would want to get rid of it at that point.

morningfever, I don't know who you are, but it is really low to post "truths" without Noey being here to verify. This is pure garbage. You have no idea what is going on with Noey and are just looking at old documents for theories.

Phi
Phi

Male Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

The Truth of JustDubs and Noey! :3 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Truth of JustDubs and Noey! :3

Post by Shogun13 Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm

morningfever wrote:okay so lets go with your logic, JD closed cause of DMCA.
so why is the staff planning to make a new anime site? its still illegal regard less. if noey learned his lesson and closed the site then you should follow his footsteps.

so how does it feel like to get shot down by your own logic?

Logic sorta says that this information is irrelevant. The timing indicates it's Mega related, the fact that he never did sell it indicates that it bears no meaning on the closing, we know that he offered to sell stakes (I was offered such a proposition), adsense closing his account indicates that it was less profitable, but still profitable, and the existence of the dmca is not in question. Did he fall to a relatively low risk threat? Yes, we know that. JD has gone through countless storms of much worse DMCA. He seems to have been afraid of the boogeymen as he grew older, because we're technically protected. And I don't blame him. I turned down his offer for a stake for a similar reason. So while we didn't know this, it's not that surprising. Noey is not going to continue in this activity, and it should be clear why.
If he'd have sold it, well then the more power to him. It's his to sell.
We continue to do what we do because we want to spread dubbed anime. The fact that we are here indicates we are dedicated to it. Almost the entire team just decided to go on without Noey, so it's sorta moot that you bring up he did these things. Noey is past tense now.
Thread still closed.
Shogun13
Shogun13
Philosopher's Stone
Philosopher's Stone

Male Posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniSiets Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:21 pm

I personally don't really care what Noey does with his time or money at this point. I'm just here because I love dubbed anime, I love JD's community, and I want to continue where we left off.
MiniSiets
MiniSiets
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Male Posts : 362
Film Club The League of Legends Club The Vocaloid Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusanagi Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Noey didn't want anything to endanger his college enrollment, so he did not continue JustDubs nor did he pass it on just in case he would be associated with it again. The staff thought differently, so now we are working independent of that JustDubs. It's not the illegality of our actions that closed down JD; if you guys didn't know, what we've been doing has always been illegal. It's simply the threat of prosecution from the DMCA, and creating a new site avoids that threat.

This link is irrelevant to the current situation. It was posted last year, and the replies have only been from the same time period. Plus it seems that Noey wanted to sell simply to give up management from his hands because of lack of time, not because he wanted to end JD. What would be the point of someone buying a domain to end it? So if he indeed did sell it, then JD would still be up.

And nowhere in your links do I see that his ad account has been blocked. Even if that was the case, he would still be willing to pass management to Steveyk. But he didn't want to, and the reasoning of Noey simply being in JD for the money does not explain this. But closing because of the threat to his enrollment does explain it.
Kusanagi
Kusanagi

Male Posts : 291
The League of Legends Club

Back to top Go down

Post by steveyk Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:04 pm

This is retarded, Justdubs.net does not belong to noey so he cannot sell it seeing as his name isn't even on the domain so fuck you. Stop spreading bullshit.

Also ( and he will hate me for saying this because it is supposed to be private) it wasn't DMCA it was a very real libel suit brought against the owner of the JD domain.

He wanted me to keep this private but I really have to shutdown the idiots who think they know everything and yet they are not even in the circle of people who are in the know.

noey closed down the site cause his google adsense account was banned so he wasnt going to make money anymore and just gave up

another falsehood the account was not blocked at all, how do I know? It was my adsense account.

The OP is full of shit.

Last edited by steveyk on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

steveyk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sporadic Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 pm

^ Agreed.

Unfounded bullshit trying to be passed off as legit. morningfever is nobody anyways, why would people even suspect his claims to be factual?
Sporadic
Sporadic
Content Director
Content Director

Male Posts : 1174
The Anime Cafe The New Release Club Film Club

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2